Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Morning all!

Today's an exciting day for us! Exactly one month til the wedding, 2 days before Christmas, and my last day of work til Jan. 4th!!! We also had my Matron of Honor call last night and ask if they could stay over at our place tonight on the way to visit her parents (we live a little over halfway between) so I get to see them too :)

T-minus 11 hours until Christmas break. The countdown begins!

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last day of work for me. I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Thanks Carla, and Happy Christmas Eve Eve.

As has been well-documented in other threads, my wife arrives tomorrow too (barring flight problems, of course...), which makes tomorrow more like Christmas than Christmas itself. :)

Everyone should do something nice for a stranger today, whether it's as simple as opening a door for someone with his hands full, or bringing a cup of coffee to a homeless person. Not that I think this should be done any more at this time of year than at others...but it seems easier for most to do such a thing under the guise of Christmas spirit.

I'm going to plot out something nice to do for a stranger today. Hmm...

Anyone know where I can find arsenic?

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Everyone should do something nice for a stranger today, whether it's as simple as opening a door for someone with his hands full, or bringing a cup of coffee to a homeless person.

I open the door for people no matter what, so that isn't something I consider "nice" to do.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
Thanks Carla, and Happy Christmas Eve Eve.

As has been well-documented in other threads, my wife arrives tomorrow too (barring flight problems, of course...), which makes tomorrow more like Christmas than Christmas itself. :)

Everyone should do something nice for a stranger today, whether it's as simple as opening a door for someone with his hands full, or bringing a cup of coffee to a homeless person. Not that I think this should be done any more at this time of year than at others...but it seems easier for most to do such a thing under the guise of Christmas spirit.

I'm going to plot out something nice to do for a stranger today. Hmm...

Anyone know where I can find arsenic?

You're bad! :P

Yup, my husband's visit is the best gift ~ well, Santa's bringing a green card would be nice too... :)

Timeline

Hey, I think you are on to something there La Souris - Santa delivering green cards would be very nice!

So my Husband's blackberry arrived yesterday - Telus is fast getting the phone delivered, ordered Saturday, arrived yesterday! So last night he gets home and we are going to activate the phone online - seems simple enough. If you activate online the fee is $10, $35 if you activate via phone :blink:

Anyhoo, we are trying to put the sim car number in - but there are A LOT of numbers on this phone and box. Finally we try one and it says - this phone is already activated. Hmm, we play around with it a bit more - long story short, we call Telus and the phone is already activated.

Honestly, i'm glad I don't have that phone, it doesn't look like fun to me, it looks like work, setting everything up. I have never had a cell phone.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey, I think you are on to something there La Souris - Santa delivering green cards would be very nice!

So my Husband's blackberry arrived yesterday - Telus is fast getting the phone delivered, ordered Saturday, arrived yesterday! So last night he gets home and we are going to activate the phone online - seems simple enough. If you activate online the fee is $10, $35 if you activate via phone :blink:

Anyhoo, we are trying to put the sim car number in - but there are A LOT of numbers on this phone and box. Finally we try one and it says - this phone is already activated. Hmm, we play around with it a bit more - long story short, we call Telus and the phone is already activated.

Honestly, i'm glad I don't have that phone, it doesn't look like fun to me, it looks like work, setting everything up. I have never had a cell phone.

If he got his blackberry yesterday, he's lucky he wasn't part of the outage! All my friends on fb who update from their blackberrys were heated yesterday because their e-mail and bbmessenger were down.

I did tech support on them for a little over a year...they're a fun toy, but nothing I'd pay that much for monthly.

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Timeline
If he got his blackberry yesterday, he's lucky he wasn't part of the outage! All my friends on fb who update from their blackberrys were heated yesterday because their e-mail and bbmessenger were down.

I did tech support on them for a little over a year...they're a fun toy, but nothing I'd pay that much for monthly.

We are paying $40 a month, prior to going to Florida we were paying $45 to bell for phone only.

Granted he doesn't have a big data plan, he can use messenger, fb (which he does not use) etc - but that's just a bell and a whistle - the purpose of this phone is for him to call me and me to call him :)

I open the door for people no matter what, so that isn't something I consider "nice" to do.

I open the door for people all the time as well...but I'm constantly amazed at how few others do!

I do think it's "nice" to do it. It's a very, very simple nice thing, sure, but still nice. :)

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

You know when you are trying to solve a problem - well not really a 'problem' per se - but you are trying to look at all angles of a situation - like purchasing a house - stuff like that and your mind keeps going over and over it. You KNOW the answer is there in your head, you are just waiting for it to appear.

That's what i'm doing. Wish it would hurry up :lol:

I have Telus pay as you go... well I did.

My cell doesn't work here in the US.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
I have to say it...beware of Telus and monitor your bill like a hawk...

I think that's true of ALL bills - I monitor everything anyone asks me to pay and I must say on several occasions I have received money back. If I can't understand what they are going on about on the bill (Shaw is the WORST for this) - I call them and I will talk to them until we both understand it lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.