Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On an unrelated note - Mike wanted to renew his Australian passport as if you renew them within 1 year of their expiry it is a simple renewal - 1 page form, 2 passport photos and your old passport.

He had to get his photos done 4 times!! That doesn't include the time he went to get them done and the photo thing wasn't working (at Walgreens).

He sent in the 3rd set as I thought they looked pretty close, however the consulate called him and said they were just a bit too small. The consulate guy also told him that Walgreens does actually have the settings at their photo place for Australian Passports.

Anyway, mailed off new photos today :lol:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Has anyone seen the show on BBC America - The Hotel Inspector? It's pretty good.

I watched it the other night. But it was a repeat of the one I'd already seen in Canada a few years ago! :lol: I wouldn't stay at that B&B. I'm always willing to pay a few dollars more for luxury as opposed to adequacy. I guess I'm snobby that way.

Do you guys ever watch Graham Norton? OMG, he's hilarious.

iagree.gif

Timeline
Has anyone seen the show on BBC America - The Hotel Inspector? It's pretty good.

I watched it the other night. But it was a repeat of the one I'd already seen in Canada a few years ago! :lol: I wouldn't stay at that B&B. I'm always willing to pay a few dollars more for luxury as opposed to adequacy. I guess I'm snobby that way.

Do you guys ever watch Graham Norton? OMG, he's hilarious.

I've only watched him once, my Sister and co. watch him all the time - it's mostly because I can't remember what channel BBC is.

I don't think I am a B&B person, I am more of a Hotel person.

Filed: Timeline
Anyway, mailed off new photos today :lol:

You know, I really hate it when I miss posts. It happens all the time and I usually only see them by accident. :angry:

Anywho... the pics. That's a pita. I always tell people to go to AAA. Their main office is over by you, Trailmix. If that 4th set doesn't work out :lol: , tell him to go there.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canadians. snags a few timbits and sneaks back out.........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

It's just like being back at work! :lol:

at least i didn't leave the coffee pot empty. :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Spandex :lol:

Yeah some of those shows are really good, I didn't even know that America's got talent had a new season on! I've kind of been stuck on the food channel and bravo - the small tv by the computer doesn't have a digital connection, so no guide, so I just stay with 2 channels.

No, but I'll try and catch it. When is it on? I love BBC. I watch Kitchen Nightmares, sometimes the F word, and Nanny 911, and sometimes that Clean House thingy. :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

I don't know what happened...I posted a thread, and when I looked back, there was new postings, so I looked again, and there was like 5 new postings!!! Postings are slow...or I am...or my computer is.... :blink:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

It's just like being back at work! :lol:

at least i didn't leave the coffee pot empty. :blush:

Or the microwave a mess.

i'm semi-trained. :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Good morning everyone! Its too darn early for me!

I am going to ask him one more time to see if he was really pulling my leg. He has been known to do that. Who knows they might have lost my address! :lol: When the lady was interviewing me I saw the original packet we sent to CSC and saw a bunch of red pen marks all over it because my fiance had a change of address shortly after we submitted the original packet.

Well I asked him again and he was not joking, dead serious. The woman identified herself when she called and it was a very short conversation, he can't remember her name. I'm suprised they did not use a restricted # as it showed up a 604 area code. I have to say I'm still a bit weirded out by it all :unsure:

I feel ya trailmix, I woke up with a splitting headache too...need coffee!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Good morning!! I'm in the process of trying to back read, but I gotta tell you, I can't wait until I move into some of your folks time zone!! :wacko: Three hours difference can sure cause a lot of people to talk!! :lol:

Carla, glad you're doing well after your ordeal!! I've only had one tooth pulled, and other than a couple of T3's, I recovered fast. Hope you're feeling back to your normal self soon!

Edited by TimandJoyce

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline
Good morning everyone! Its too darn early for me!

I am going to ask him one more time to see if he was really pulling my leg. He has been known to do that. Who knows they might have lost my address! :lol: When the lady was interviewing me I saw the original packet we sent to CSC and saw a bunch of red pen marks all over it because my fiance had a change of address shortly after we submitted the original packet.

Well I asked him again and he was not joking, dead serious. The woman identified herself when she called and it was a very short conversation, he can't remember her name. I'm suprised they did not use a restricted # as it showed up a 604 area code. I have to say I'm still a bit weirded out by it all :unsure:

Don't be too weirded out - the consulate does actually call for other things if they have a question - they are really just folks working in an office, despite how they appear sometimes :lol:

I mean for instance, when I was documenting my U.S. citizenship/getting my U.S. passport (which took a year) - the supervisor in Calgary gave me her card so I could call her - which of course I did a couple of times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.