Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ha! I like the hybrid thing! I think I must be that too, thus the Second Cup thing for me. I work in white collar world in an 'arty' type of job, write as a hobby but wear jeans and blundstones as much as I can.

I do like good food, good wine and good coffee. But I also LOVE hamburgers, poutine and beer...

T'aint nothing wrong with riding the middle current.

:)

You know, in all honesty, I'm kinda smack dab in the middle of the Starbucks-type crowd and the Timmies crowd. I mean, I'm a huge hockey fan and typically wear jeans and a leather jacket...often have six o clock shadow etc....

Yet I'm also a widely published poet and have an extensive background in music production, have a wife who works at a major opera company etc. So I guess I'm a hybrid.

But I still like my coffee at Starbucks. ;)

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, in all honesty, I'm kinda smack dab in the middle of the Starbucks-type crowd and the Timmies crowd. I mean, I'm a huge hockey fan and typically wear jeans and a leather jacket...often have six o clock shadow etc....

Yet I'm also a widely published poet and have an extensive background in music production, have a wife who works at a major opera company etc. So I guess I'm a hybrid.

But I still like my coffee at Starbucks. ;)

see, now I feel bad. I didn't mean to slam poetry. I'm just sick of fake people. cheers man.

US born, Canadian raised, Irish Blood.

Timeline

No one was slamming poetry, were they? I was slamming French philosophers, does that make me a jerk?

I think we were all just playing around. Coffee lovers that we are, we all get a little riled up and silly!

No harm, no foul...

:D

Right?

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Well, in this culture and society, of course there is. However 'unspoken' it may be, there totally is a stratified socio/economic breakdown implied by what a user may wear or choose to imbibe.

The trick of it all is to not give a ####### and do what you want to do regardless of those ever-present, permeating social norms that come about in a first world country based solely on the financial flux or non that we experience.

Uh... this was in response to TM who has since changed her mind...

:|

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

HA!!! Nice TM, you just totally psyched me out! Good one. I'm all about the anthropological implications of it all anyway... Me? As a person? I just really like coffee and nice people and being comfortable and well fed.

;)

And I like to read. A lot....

Yeah I decided I didn't want to get in to a whole philosophical conversation about it :lol: - because I personally don't subscribe to it.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Oh, don't worry about it at ALL Sean. The state of modern poetry is pretty horrible these days, and I have no respect for most of the free versers. I think most current poetry is self-indulgent, trite, pretentious nonsense.

I still write formal verse (sonnets etc.), which has been out of vogue for the last couple of generations, but is starting to find a home in some of the major publications again.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Yeah, how's that going :lol:

Oh and those digital cameras - you can take the pics off as well as put them on :hehe: waiting for pic of small cabinets....

nah I meant when I go to upload onto this site it's only allowing me a file 39 kb or smaller.....site issue-not camera :no:

Timeline

I am a HUGE fan of the formal verse. quite a skill set that! Free verses, I wrote that when I was an angst-riddled pre-teen. I still have some of it. It's Vom worthy.

Speaking of coffee.... i could go for one....

But a fancy one with a hazelnut flavour in it or something.... yeahhhhhhh.....

Oh, don't worry about it at ALL Sean. The state of modern poetry is pretty horrible these days, and I have no respect for most of the free versers. I think most current poetry is self-indulgent, trite, pretentious nonsense.

I still write formal verse (sonnets etc.), which has been out of vogue for the last couple of generations, but is starting to find a home in some of the major publications again.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Ahhh yes - this site allows for very very little in terms of uploads, which is kind of annoying when you are trying to upload documents for the wiki etc.

it really is annoying, they need some upgrades on their servers methinks...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.