Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fiance and I just bought a new TV, its pretty snazzy and jumbo sized... If you're going to do it, do it right... right? :lol:

That's what I always say...:lol:

I have to share this!

I had posted my Vancouver Consulate experience in the same thread I started about getting my visa. In case you missed it, the woman, Hong, asked what Tim did and I told her he was a retired jeweler. So she asked if he knew where she could find real coral earrings!! She lost one of hers. *Um...m'am?? Could I get approved??*

So, the next day when I went back, I gave her Tim's email, and a note to say he'd be willing to help her out and probably make some. She just emailed him this weekend!! :lol: She sounds very nice even in her emails. Asked him how his July 4th weekend was etc, and described the earrings she was looking for.

Tim emailed her back, and said that because of the weekend stores would be closed but he'd look into it as soon as he could. He also thanked her for approving my visa and that we are excited about our upcoming marriage. She emailed back, with a little more detail of what she would like, and stated that she felt that we were really blessed to find each other. Wow!! Wonder if she could be a reference during our AOS!! :lol:

Actually, I think she approved me because I had an in with a jeweler that could solve her missing earrings. Too funny!! Bet emails between Consulars and petitioners don't happen too often.

I had Hong too for my interview!

Speaking of which.....a question for you all!! Has anyone ever heard of Consulates calling the petitioner?

I had to ask my fiance 10x because I thought he was pulling my leg...He said that last week a woman from the U.S. Consulate in Vancouver called him to confirm his address. I guess she asked if we have gotten married yet and if that was the address that I planned on moving to. He told the woman we are getting married in October and confirmed the address. She said good luck with the wedding and that was it! :unsure:

I have never heard of that before!! Are they doing audits of files or what? :unsure:

If thats not the case, then I am assuming it has to do with his review for TS clearance.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a lovely long weekend and enjoyed the fireworks. I've never heard of anyone who has got a call from the Consulate minnew! That's interesting. Congratulations on the approval though! I haven't read any threads yet but this one...

I'm going for some dental surgery today. :( I can't believe the horrible luck I've had with my teeth here since moving to the US. I'd like to blame the HFCS, however I don't eat it (that I know of anyway!). I'm having two gum grafts today and 4 teeth pulled for preparation of a partial plate. I'll be out of commission as far as talking and eating anything other than pudding for several days.

Have a lovely day!

09_16_72---Cup-of-Coffee_web.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning everyone. I have never heard of the consulate calling anyone either minnew!

Sorry you have to have dental surgery today Carla - i'm sure that is so stressful and annoying for you.

Filed: Timeline

That's a nice story, Joyce. Maybe you'll all become friends and then you can find out the inside scoop on USCIS practices. :lol:

Maybe they lost your address, Minnie, and they were just calling to pretend they were confirming. Or maybe they can't read your (or their) writing. :lol:

Oh gosh, Carla. That sounds miserable. :( Drink lots of alcohol. It'll not only dull the pain but sterilize the wound. :lol:

Lots to do today. I need to get to the post office to mail out some cards and things, and do a bit of shopping. I might even head downtown to the bistro and sit on their balcony overlooking the main drag, drink a frozen chai latte with soy, and play on the internetz. It all depends on how late I get started. Have to beat the rains.

iagree.gif

Good morning everyone! Its too darn early for me!

I am going to ask him one more time to see if he was really pulling my leg. He has been known to do that. Who knows they might have lost my address! :lol: When the lady was interviewing me I saw the original packet we sent to CSC and saw a bunch of red pen marks all over it because my fiance had a change of address shortly after we submitted the original packet. He did tell me though that his clearance review is being held up by a DHS, so it would only make sense I guess. :unsure:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

That's probably what happened. They weren't sure which address was correct. Why is his clearance review (?) being held up by DHS?

I have no idea, all he was told was that there was a DHS investigation....He told me to be prepared to get a phone call from the investigators who do the clearance reviews..I wonder if they are AF or not..anyways...they will call his family and friends as well. It probably doesn't help that its a higher level clearance hes reviewing for, but his commander told him that marrying a '"foreign national" should not be an issue. At least I hope not...The worry wart inside of me is hoping it does not cause unneccesary delays when it comes to AOS, even if the review is done by then.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Hopefully Carla will see your post and comment, Minnew. Her husband went through a terrible time with security clearances. They weren't even going to let him marry her! :o

Carla! :help:

I have heard that if you are a contractor it takes alot longer to get the clearance and they are more stringent with the requirements. I guess if there is any issues, he will be taking it up with his supervisors and commander, with hope that it can get sorted out. Before we were engaged and talking about marriage he spoke with his commander to be sure marrying a "foreign national" would not cause any issues with his job. He was told it would not. At least I hope not. :unsure:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hopefully Carla will see your post and comment, Minnew. Her husband went through a terrible time with security clearances. They weren't even going to let him marry her! :o

I have heard that if you are a contractor it takes alot longer to get the clearance and they are more stringent with the requirements. I guess if there is any issues, he will be taking it up with his supervisors and commander, with hope that it can get sorted out. Before we were engaged and talking about marriage he spoke with his commander to be sure marrying a "foreign national" would not cause any issues with his job. He was told it would not. At least I hope not. :unsure:

Yes, they were going to have Carla renounce her Canadian citizenship, but then the rules changed so that was not necessary

Well, my husband wasn't a contractor, but his security clearance was such that we had to have their written permission before we could even start this visa process. Perhaps because he wasn't a contractor? The clearance had to come from "others", I can't say who and didn't involve DHS as far as I know. I would suggest though that this is something different as it wasn't my husbands security clearance that was the issue, it was MINE, that's why we had to go through a process, almost two years, before I could be cleared. Are you sure it's HIM that's having to go through clearance? If it is him, then it's something routine, and is not like our situation at all and I'm sure you'll be good to go!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
it is, and i want some canadian tire money too!

NO WAY - those are our retirement dollars there charles. They're recession proof don't you know?! Its the only thing in the past 9 months that hasn't decreased in value 40%.

I think charles is on to us. we must banish him from the CDN forum before he learns all of our secrets.

i'd like to call it diversifying my retirement portfolio :devil:

good morning all, and thank you for the coffee today, carla.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, my husband wasn't a contractor, but his security clearance was such that we had to have their written permission before we could even start this visa process. Perhaps because he wasn't a contractor? The clearance had to come from "others", I can't say who and didn't involve DHS as far as I know. I would suggest though that this is something different as it wasn't my husbands security clearance that was the issue, it was MINE, that's why we had to go through a process, almost two years, before I could be cleared. Are you sure it's HIM that's having to go through clearance? If it is him, then it's something routine, and is not like our situation at all and I'm sure you'll be good to go!

interesting - i didn't have to get written permission from anyone prior to marrying nessa. what branch of the military does he work for? if air force, that might be why, as they are sticklers for rules and regulations.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

interesting - i didn't have to get written permission from anyone prior to marrying nessa. what branch of the military does he work for? if air force, that might be why, as they are sticklers for rules and regulations.

Who are you directing this question to charles?

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.