Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

*sneaking in...sitting up to the table*...

Wow where have I been????? This is trois? Not sure I even really saw un, or deux! ( that's about all the french I know!! LOL) well, I know a wee more than that, but not enough to keep a conversation going! :lol:

Hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend! I'm so wishing I was there now. Oh well, next year. :star:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

:lol: @ TimandJoyce.

Its our second wedding anniversary today (L) and we're celebrating in style . . . . . . . . . by hanging out at the weather station. He's even letting me release the weather balloon in five minutes. Now if that isn't love, I don't know what is. :P

It the 4th tomorrow and Chris is turning 36 begrudgingly. We're gonna celebrate that in style too with another weather balloon release.

That's so cool! Happy anniversary, Cat!

Happy Anniversary - I like your way of celebrating! I found it interesting that there is another couple here where the anniversary is one day and the following day is the birthday of one of the couple.

My husband's b'day is July 15th and mine is July 17th. I wanted to get married on July 16th so we could celebrate everything all at once and get it over with. My husband wouldn't go for that. icon2.gif

Hi everyone.. one last check in before heading north tomorrow... I'll be in Canada for a week!! Enjoy the time off from me everyone!!! :lol:

Nice! Have a safe trip and happy hols, Emancipation!

Beautiful morning here in RI!! Family is about to go swimming, I'm about to study,lol. Doesn't seem fair.

I'm so jealous. I remember you posting a picture of where you are one year. It was a sailboat through the trees and it looked absolutely gorgeous. At least you're studying in lovely surroundings. :luv:

Well, I guess I should go do something now. No idea what yet, though. :lol:

iagree.gif

Wow...have I got a challenge!!

One of Tim's very good friends is helping with the wedding and reception. She has some great ideas, and with me not there, well, really hard to do things..

Tim asks her what she wants for what she's doing, and she didn't want anything. She just wants to help. But she did say that a pair of Canadian earring would be nice. :lol:

You'd think those would be easy to find! I live in a small town, and thought there must be a store that has them! Hmmmm I'm still looking...

I'm going to Edmonton next weekend so maybe I'll find some at the WEM. As long as I'm not too busy on the rides... :whistle:

It's not a loss if I don't find any, but I thought that it would make her day. Of course we're planning on doing something real nice for her later.

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I saw the WEM featured on the TV show "World's Greatest" last night! It was the world's largest indoor waterpark. How exciting! :lol: The earrings sound like a lovely gift. Perhaps you can get some mini inukshuk. LOL. Is there a rez anywhere near you, Joyce? Maybe you can find some native art there.

Anyway..... ugh.... I couldn't sleep at all last night so I am absolutely exhausted this morning. :(

Good morning everyone. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Another beautiful morning here in RI. Went down to second beach with the dogs and had a nice walk. Our dog anna, loves the water. Then had to make a Tim Hortons run!! We depart back to VA tonight.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I saw the WEM featured on the TV show "World's Greatest" last night! It was the world's largest indoor waterpark. How exciting! :lol: The earrings sound like a lovely gift. Perhaps you can get some mini inukshuk. LOL. Is there a rez anywhere near you, Joyce? Maybe you can find some native art there.

Anyway..... ugh.... I couldn't sleep at all last night so I am absolutely exhausted this morning. :(

Good morning everyone. :)

Of course!! *slaps forehead* It's quite possible she'd love something like that. *slaps forehead again* And my MIL, ( my second marriage ending in death) is part Native!! Yeessh!! Why didn't I think of that! They do such beautiful work!

Hope you have a good day in spite of it all. I know what it's like to not sleep all night. ( Like right before my medical for immigration.... :wacko: )

Good morning to everyone else!! :D

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Another beautiful morning here in RI. Went down to second beach with the dogs and had a nice walk. Our dog anna, loves the water. Then had to make a Tim Hortons run!! We depart back to VA tonight.

Sounds wonderful. I'll be moving to 100 miles inland, so no more beach walks for me! (Well, thankfully Myrtle Beach is only two hours away)

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Today I borrowed my fiances car and drove around all by myself! It may seem meaningless but I've been terrified of driving here for the last 2 weeks... the roads are so wide and the traffic is so thick! BUT, I have conquered my fear and now I can actually go do things on my own! :D

yeah, we're kinda proud of our "roads" here :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
I will everyone!! Timbits for everyone (except Charles) when I return!!! :dance:

:bonk: meanie!

I will everyone!! Timbits for everyone (except Charles) when I return!!! :dance:

Thanks! Speaking of which . . . has Charles ever yet had the opportunity to enjoy a timbit or two?

:crying::no:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Thanks! Speaking of which . . . has Charles ever yet had the opportunity to enjoy a timbit or two?

Oh my!! You really need to put it on your "to do" list!! Plus a double double!! *if you like coffee*

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

Oh my!! You really need to put it on your "to do" list!! Plus a double double!! *if you like coffee*

it is, and i want some canadian tire money too!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
it is, and i want some canadian tire money too!

NO WAY - those are our retirement dollars there charles. They're recession proof don't you know?! Its the only thing in the past 9 months that hasn't decreased in value 40%.

I think charles is on to us. we must banish him from the CDN forum before he learns all of our secrets.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The fiance and I just bought a new TV, its pretty snazzy and jumbo sized... If you're going to do it, do it right... right? :lol:

The fiance and I just bought a new TV, its pretty snazzy and jumbo sized... If you're going to do it, do it right... right? :lol:

That's what I always say...:lol:

I have to share this!

I had posted my Vancouver Consulate experience in the same thread I started about getting my visa. In case you missed it, the woman, Hong, asked what Tim did and I told her he was a retired jeweler. So she asked if he knew where she could find real coral earrings!! She lost one of hers. *Um...m'am?? Could I get approved??*

So, the next day when I went back, I gave her Tim's email, and a note to say he'd be willing to help her out and probably make some. She just emailed him this weekend!! :lol: She sounds very nice even in her emails. Asked him how his July 4th weekend was etc, and described the earrings she was looking for.

Tim emailed her back, and said that because of the weekend stores would be closed but he'd look into it as soon as he could. He also thanked her for approving my visa and that we are excited about our upcoming marriage. She emailed back, with a little more detail of what she would like, and stated that she felt that we were really blessed to find each other. Wow!! Wonder if she could be a reference during our AOS!! :lol:

Actually, I think she approved me because I had an in with a jeweler that could solve her missing earrings. Too funny!! Bet emails between Consulars and petitioners don't happen too often.

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.