Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

I have a job interview tomorrow!!! :D

It's part time for a pro shop at the arena where I play and where the Washington Capitals practice (Kettler for those who live around there)

It was funny...I had a game on Saturday, and John wanted to try on some shoulder pads. Another fellow was there doing the same thing and asked John "can I ask you some new guy hockey questions?" in which John said, 'You'd better ask her!' :lol:

Helped the guy out and said, you should work here!

So I asked if they were hiring and they were...so I applied and got an email today for an interview tomorrow! Yippee!

:lol: I told one the guys working there...I've been playing for 24 years, and I'm Canadian. He said "That's perfect! I'd hire you" :lol:

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy birthday to me! Hehe.

I'm spending the afternoon writing out my thank you cards for the gifts from my shower yesterday.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's part time for a pro shop at the arena where I play and where the Washington Capitals practice (Kettler for those who live around there)

It was funny...I had a game on Saturday, and John wanted to try on some shoulder pads. Another fellow was there doing the same thing and asked John "can I ask you some new guy hockey questions?" in which John said, 'You'd better ask her!' :lol:

So I asked if they were hiring and they were...so I applied and got an email today for an interview tomorrow! Yippee!

:lol: I told one the guys working there...I've been playing for 24 years, and I'm Canadian. He said "That's perfect! I'd hire you" :lol:

good luck at the interview tomorrow! Not to rain or ur parade, but I'm sure you are well aware, the hockey stores here are rather pathetic, lol I don't buy anything more than hockey sticks or tape here, order most of my gear online. Actually ordered my last sticks online as well. Good luck tomorrow

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm spending the afternoon writing out my thank you cards for the gifts from my shower yesterday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :thumbs:

That qualifies you to coach the Leafs. :bonk: Good luck with the interview. :thumbs:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You go girl - cripes I'll come visit and watch you play if you need a Cdn cheering section- yay for girls who play hockey.

Good luck at your interview

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Wow...that's four of us that I've seen in the last couple days alone who are currently in (or in my case, WILL be in) Washington D.C. Udella, J&K, Flames and I. Hmm!

I smell a Canada Day gathering at Old Glory in Georgetown this July. :yes:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
Wow...that's four of us that I've seen in the last couple days alone who are currently in (or in my case, WILL be in) Washington D.C. Udella, J&K, Flames and I. Hmm!

I smell a Canada Day gathering at Old Glory in Georgetown this July. :yes:

If I aint working, I spend the 4th up in RI. Like to keep my record of not meeting any VJ members intact,lol few yrs ago when we resided in Arlington, one other VJ member resided in the same Apartment building, never did meet them,lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Haha...yeah, no worries. I hear you on the privacy thing, actually.

I can't deny it's good to know that there are some other recent Canadian transplants to that area though.

And if you've never been to Old Glory, I highly recommend it -- best BBQ joint I've ever been to. Try their brisket. ;)

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

good luck at the interview tomorrow! Not to rain or ur parade, but I'm sure you are well aware, the hockey stores here are rather pathetic, lol I don't buy anything more than hockey sticks or tape here, order most of my gear online. Actually ordered my last sticks online as well. Good luck tomorrow

LOL I buy most of my stuff when I visit my parents in Ontario :lol: The last two times I crossed the border, they asked "Anything to declare?" Me: "hockey equipment" :D

But, being able to pass along any knowledge to folks who may be new to the sport (like the guy on Saturday will be worth it). Plus, I'm a goalie so if anyone needs advice on equipment (of which most stores have none) I can help. I just need some hours for now, and when things pick back up at work. If I get it, I'll be doing something I enjoy :)

You go girl - cripes I'll come visit and watch you play if you need a Cdn cheering section- yay for girls who play hockey.

Hey anytime you want to drop by and see how bad I am at playing forward for the first time since I was 5 you are more than welcomed to! :) Our home ice is Kettler, and if we have a morning, or early afternoon game on Saturday's you can watch the Caps practice before us.

Alexander Semin was using the ice this Saturday...he didn't travel with the team to play the Islanders because of the flu.

I'm the only Canadian 'playing' on the team. Our coach is from Fort McMurray.

We used to have two more, but one moved to Bahstan, and the other moved back to Canada...hubby was military and attached the Embassy in DC at one point.

We stink, but we have fun. Definitely NOT the AA / AAA teams I'm used to playing with!

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'll let you know how it goes!

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so today my hubby received a jury summons...

they must be determined to get someone on their jury from this household :lol:

the only think is hubby can't afford to take days off unpaid... and also he can't really take any more days off this year....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

LOL I buy most of my stuff when I visit my parents in Ontario :lol: The last two times I crossed the border, they asked "Anything to declare?" Me: "hockey equipment" :D

But, being able to pass along any knowledge to folks who may be new to the sport (like the guy on Saturday will be worth it). Plus, I'm a goalie so if anyone needs advice on equipment (of which most stores have none) I can help. I just need some hours for now, and when things pick back up at work. If I get it, I'll be doing something I enjoy :)

Hey anytime you want to drop by and see how bad I am at playing forward for the first time since I was 5 you are more than welcomed to! :) Our home ice is Kettler, and if we have a morning, or early afternoon game on Saturday's you can watch the Caps practice before us.

Alexander Semin was using the ice this Saturday...he didn't travel with the team to play the Islanders because of the flu.

I'm the only Canadian 'playing' on the team. Our coach is from Fort McMurray.

We used to have two more, but one moved to Bahstan, and the other moved back to Canada...hubby was military and attached the Embassy in DC at one point.

We stink, but we have fun. Definitely NOT the AA / AAA teams I'm used to playing with!

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'll let you know how it goes!

Nice complex at the Balston mall! Ref'd a few games there 2 seasons ago. Gave that up to concentrate on school. I haven't played hockey in 2 yrs now! I play goal as well, but I played out during my time in Canada, but occasionally filled in when the regular goalie wasn't around. Told my wife goalies play for free, she thought that was great, didn't bother to tell her how much goalie equipment costs,lol Need to loose about another 10 lbs before I strap the pads back on. Lots of pick up hockey within the DC area.

Timeline
Nice complex at the Balston mall! Ref'd a few games there 2 seasons ago. Gave that up to concentrate on school. I haven't played hockey in 2 yrs now! I play goal as well, but I played out during my time in Canada, but occasionally filled in when the regular goalie wasn't around. Told my wife goalies play for free, she thought that was great, didn't bother to tell her how much goalie equipment costs,lol Need to loose about another 10 lbs before I strap the pads back on. Lots of pick up hockey within the DC area.

Goalies are always in demand. :yes: My youngest son decided to put the pads back on to play university intramural this year (after 3 years not playing). Thank goodness his equipment still fits. Those pads sure are pricey!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Happy Birthday Peachey!! (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.