Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life right now.

<3

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Flavour shot? :lol:

I used to get the orange flavour shots in my hot chocolate. They don't have that flavour anymore. :(

Screw flavor, I'm working from Peachey's house I can use real ammaretto.... :whistle:

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I LOVE orange and chocolate together. That would be my dream hot chocolate!

:D

Flavour shot? :lol:

I used to get the orange flavour shots in my hot chocolate. They don't have that flavour anymore. :(

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

So the job fair yesterday, almost seemed like a waste of time.

First, it was so crowded it took me 10 minutes to just turn around and find a parking spot on the side of the road. Then it was so packed that it was lined up outside the door. Thankfully, yesterday was a nice sunny day and not too cold. Finally got inside to find only about 20 different employers, where half of them required citizenship or a clearance.

So I went to a staffing place...they were looking for "IT Positions" That's all it said, nothing more. So the person says to me, "Do you qualify for any of these?" I said, "Sure do!" gave him my resume and he starts reading it and asks, "What type of clearance do you have?" I explained none because of not being a citizen yet. "Oh, well the IT Position requires a Top Secret Clearance. We'll keep your resume on file" and just plops it upsidedown on the chair beside him. BS you will...didn't even ask me where I would be willing to travel to like he did the woman who had been ahead of me.

So I went to Aflac who were looking for "Account Reps" Which I guess in their world means "Sales" I don't have experience in sales, and I can't lie to people just to make them buy something.

I have an interview, but I'm just going to cancel it...they were giving them out to anyone.

Finally, BB&T which were hiring Tellers...the rep that was there was really nice, and took my resume and actually listened to me. But, you have to apply online.

Most, if not all the jobs available there were online applications! I could have done this all from the comfort of my computer like I have been trying to for the past 2 months. Grrrr...

Oh well, lesson learned.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Timeline
Screw flavor, I'm working from Peachey's house I can use real ammaretto.... :whistle:

Amaretto is such a versatile liqueur. It can go in coffee. It can go in hot chocolate. It can go in tea. It makes a great amaretto sour. It can even go on ice cream or cake. One should always keep a bottle of amaretto in their liquor cabinet. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline
I am glad you are happy, Rhiann. :)

Is this just generally, or did something nice just happen?

She got her interview along with about 10 other K1 peeps. :D

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

<back to interview>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Amaretto is such a versatile liqueur. It can go in coffee. It can go in hot chocolate. It can go in tea. It makes a great amaretto sour. It can even go on ice cream or cake. One should always keep a bottle of amaretto in their liquor cabinet. lol

Or in their purse. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Not having the purse option, I'd have to use a wallet shaped flask.... hmmm.

<back to interview>

Sorry about your experience, J&K. When I naturalize I am going to apply for positions which require citizenship.... just because I can. :lol:

The manager at my bank asked me to come and work for them.... but the same thing.... apply online. Hey. If you want me.... just take my resume and interview me. Don't ask me to work there and then tell me to apply online. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

hey Krikit... .

Try something called a Nutty Monk... heat some milk in a pan and pour into a cup, add frangelico and a little shaved chocolate. It's great! I put a little cointreau in there as well for a bit of an orange burst or some amaretto. IT's gorgeous on a cold winter night.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

:o

That is awesome! I wonder who else got theirs?

:lol:

Or in their travel mug on a cold winter's day in the forest.

hey Krikit... .

Try something called a Nutty Monk... heat some milk in a pan and pour into a cup, add frangelico and a little shaved chocolate. It's great! I put a little cointreau in there as well for a bit of an orange burst or some amaretto. IT's gorgeous on a cold winter night.

You know, that would be really good with some chai tea powder added to it too! :o

We need a bartending thread. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

:o

That is awesome! I wonder who else got theirs?

11/06 KnJ

11/09 Spoom & ScooterMac

11/09 liz25

11/13 darkchilde794

11/13 Peachey & Varba

11/13 Rhiann

11/16 shelby

11/20 Tina&Roland

11/20 Arabella

11/20 dutchmatt

<back to interview>

Timeline

i have to say... I love the liqueurs made into yummy beverages. I just NEVER drink them as well, they taste TOO good and then only trouble will come of my 'surprise' inebriation.

I am not kidding.

:)

To Varba and Peachy and tout les gang of K1s that got their interview --

*CHEERS*

it's way to early for a bevvie so accept this proverbial toast!

Yay!

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.