Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

My boss sent out an email about Christmas today. We're having a pot luck Christmas party on December 12.

She also said in her email that when I get my interview they will be organizing a "moan and groan" party because they are going to miss me so much when I leave :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I'm off to a job fair this morning.

I've never been to one, so I'm hoping I don't act like a complete idiot :lol:

Wish me luck!

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

So I'm off to a job fair this morning.

I've never been to one, so I'm hoping I don't act like a complete idiot :lol:

Wish me luck!

Good luck! Job fairs are fun!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Happy hunting, J&K!

That's nice that they will miss you, Peachey. :luv:

Thanks for the coffee, Carla. I think I am going to walk down to the Tim Hortons and get me one. :dance:

My cousin is picking me up in a bit. We are going to tour the Princess Margaret Hospital lottery house so she can get some decorating ideas. Then we are going to a design store, and then we are going for lunch.

I guess I'd better get a move on. lol

iagree.gif

Wow Krikit. Sounds like a busy day!

I'm back at work. Already went through 50 emails... Seems like everything falls appart when I go on vacation.

Varba made it to my place safely on the weekend.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's funny what you were saying about not being able to see the screen without your glasses Carla, i'm the same. On the rare occasion that I am at the computer without my contact lenses I have to lean on the desk to get close enough to see it (and I have a big screen :lol: )

Krikit, how long are you in Canada this visit, i'd say you are almost a resident for tax purposes this year! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Its my first time meeting my new US doctor so hopefully she isn't crazy and mean.

That is such a random way of thinking of your new doctor. :lol:

:lol:

If she is crazy and mean...you should leave!

So I had to decide pretty fast on my dishes for the Christmas pot luck since my co-workers all decided in like a flash.

So I'm making brocoli salad (Paula Dean recipe), glazed carrots (Alton Brown recipe) and a white chocolate party snack mix (Varba's mom recipe).

Wow, maybe I should make my own recipes one day... LOL.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Its my first time meeting my new US doctor so hopefully she isn't crazy and mean.

That is such a random way of thinking of your new doctor. :lol:

:lol:

If she is crazy and mean...you should leave!

:lol: Ok, I'll take your advice and do that! Thankfully if I don't like her I can just switch.

I just hate doctors and doctors offices. I'm naturally suspicious of them all and think they are going to be mean, judge me and scold me for god knows what.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.