Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow! I have never experienced an earthquake. That must have been scary! Did anything break?

Nothing broke but my sanity. ;)

I do that when we get tornado warnings. I have my perfect place all planned. :lol:

That must be a MUST in FL!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Border Crossing on July 1st...

So, I visit my husband every 2 to 6 weeks, and I've never had real problems or anything. Sometimes, they ask random questions... Last winter, I was asked if I had taken any narcotics in the last 6 months.... and, I answered the truth: never.

But, this time, I had a funny one: Are you bringing any fireworks in the US today ma'am? -- I didn't even understand what he was saying the first time because he was talking to my car roof, then I understood and I think my face was like that emoticon :blink: - and, no, no fireworks for me.

Boston now, going to Maine tomorrow :D

Timeline
Border Crossing on July 1st...

So, I visit my husband every 2 to 6 weeks, and I've never had real problems or anything. Sometimes, they ask random questions... Last winter, I was asked if I had taken any narcotics in the last 6 months.... and, I answered the truth: never.

But, this time, I had a funny one: Are you bringing any fireworks in the US today ma'am? -- I didn't even understand what he was saying the first time because he was talking to my car roof, then I understood and I think my face was like that emoticon :blink: - and, no, no fireworks for me.

Boston now, going to Maine tomorrow :D

:lol:

Safe travels Ms. Mouse.

Timeline

When I got the narcotics question my husband said I should have counted my fingers and answered, uh, no, not in the last 6 months! - I think it's funny but I would never dare to say it!

Thank you, I am sure we'll have a good time - especially if the sun comes out.

I can send free fog to anyone interested, the weather is horrible here. I left Montreal, it was warm and sunny... and I saw Boston under the worst fog and cold, haha, it's... refreshing!

Timeline
When I got the narcotics question my husband said I should have counted my fingers and answered, uh, no, not in the last 6 months! - I think it's funny but I would never dare to say it!

Thank you, I am sure we'll have a good time - especially if the sun comes out.

I can send free fog to anyone interested, the weather is horrible here. I left Montreal, it was warm and sunny... and I saw Boston under the worst fog and cold, haha, it's... refreshing!

I'm visiting RI, and the weather has been cool, with lots of rain!! suppose to be warm/sunny for the weekend

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Good morning everyone! I slept in this morning after a late Cardinals game last night! Wow, it was so exciting! We won, with a home run in the bottom of the 10th inning! :dance: I love this coffee cup today! Enjoy your day today, and your long weekend. See you Monday!

real-coffee.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning everyone! I slept in this morning after a late Cardinals game last night! Wow, it was so exciting! We won, with a home run in the bottom of the 10th inning! :dance: I love this coffee cup today! Enjoy your day today, and your long weekend. See you Monday!

Awe... my SIL was at the game too Carla.. said it was loverly!!! She was sad cause my BIL is in Iraq right now.. and she had to take the girls by herself.. we were wishing we could join them!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ack I am tired today. Canada day in DC was a lot of fun and I met some new people which is always nice. Then we went to the Harbour in Baltimore for dinner after that. It was a nice day but I'm wiped out.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

BAltimores harbour is very nice!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Only 705 miles left to drive to see my husband! It's gonna be another long day for me, but it'll be awesome once I get there!

We are celebrating Canada Day tomorrow. I'm not sure how we're celebrating, but I assume it will involve drinking and playing video games. (Not particularly "Canadian", I know, but that's what I normally do!)

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Only 705 miles left to drive to see my husband! It's gonna be another long day for me, but it'll be awesome once I get there!

We are celebrating Canada Day tomorrow. I'm not sure how we're celebrating, but I assume it will involve drinking and playing video games. (Not particularly "Canadian", I know, but that's what I normally do!)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I know its ridiculous. :innocent: But I kept waiting for the next one. . . . that never came. I was thinking about the strongest door jams in the house all night long. :lol:

I do that when we get tornado warnings. I have my perfect place all planned. :lol:

our is downstairs in the oh chit room. where the guns are. :devil:

how will a gun protect you from a tornado? :P

they won't, but at least i won't have to look all over the countryside for my guns afterward.

unless, of course, the tornado is a liberal tornado, then they might protect me :P

good morning all.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.