Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ever had to pee but you were almost too lazy to do so?

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha yes, especially if I'm napping.

I usually make it to the bathroom before I pee my pants tho :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
Ever had to pee but you were almost too lazy to do so?

Nope, but I do put off getting up to go when one of my cats is curled up in my lap purring.

~ Catherine

Timeline

Catherine,

Joe's mother and sisters live just outside of Houston - in Spring and The Woodlands and we get to Houston once or twice a year to visit them as well as his daughter and family who live closer to Dallas. Houston has some neat things about it and you would find a lot of things quite similar as you do to living in Atlanta, except that it is very flat - and closer to the Gulf of Mexico! There are also a number of friendly VJers who are in the Houston area that you could connect with. Of course, I would hate to lose you just after we met and got to know you but I understand what it is like when you have to move for a job, so good luck to Phil, whatever comes his way - and yours.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I don't know if you remember but we are going to a party on Saturday and the theme is animal print so I was at the store today and found this cute scarf that had some kind of animal print on it and it was only 5 bucks so I decide to get it.. well, when the lady rings it through it makes this beeping sound and the lady looks at her screen and says she can't sell me the scarf because it has been recalled.. :blink: I am thinking shouldn't they take them off the shelf then??

so anyways I guess I have to see if I can find something tomorrow...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning! Marilyn, I hope David is successful in his interview! It's really hard when people work shiftwork, sleeping and eating gets all screwed up, and time with family is sure impacted. I can imagine you miss him...

yeah it really sucks. I don't have the motivation to cook very often because I hate preparing a nice meal and then eating it by myself and my hubby has to eat his warmed up in the microwave..

he has been on day shift before so I know how much better it can be...

he didn't have his interview on Wednesday.. hopefully he had it today.. I will find out when he gets home in a few hours...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning! I think we might be going to the Balloon Festival this weekend. It's a huge event here in St. Louis.

http://www.greatforestparkballoonrace.com/

Gene was supposed to have a day off today, but something came up and he had to work now. Marilyn, hope you David has good news soon! The animal print scarf...recalled? That's too weird. :lol:

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

CupofCoffee-2.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Well I'm off for a WWII Living history event in at Eisenhower's Farm in Gettysburg this weekend! Huge military vehicle convoy around the area (48 miles! My butt is going to be sore! :lol:)

So much to do before I leave, including helping a friend move...oi...why did I agree to that today :P

See you all Sunday night!

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i :wub: my morning carlacoffee

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Well I'm off for a WWII Living history event in at Eisenhower's Farm in Gettysburg this weekend! Huge military vehicle convoy around the area (48 miles! My butt is going to be sore! :lol: )

So much to do before I leave, including helping a friend move...oi...why did I agree to that today :P

See you all Sunday night!

Enjoy yourself!

i :wub: my morning carlacoffee ™

Two more mornings and then someone else's coffee charles! :whistle:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
i :wub: my morning carlacoffee ™

Two more mornings and then someone else's coffee charles! :whistle:

yeah, hampton inn coffee :dead:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Hi everyone.. we're doing just fine.. a little less stressed.. a little more focused, a little less sure of what to do. a mixed bag but we have each other.. that's what I cling to!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi.. :) Hope everyone has a grand weekend. :star:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone.. we're doing just fine.. a little less stressed.. a little more focused, a little less sure of what to do. a mixed bag but we have each other.. that's what I cling to!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi.. :) Hope everyone has a grand weekend. :star:

Good morning all, thanks for the coffee Carla and hi Em - glad everything is going a bit better now.

I just saw an ad for a Kinder chocolate bar, it's got some white filling in the middle - I don't think I have seen them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.