Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I was talking to my Dad yesterday and he said I would be getting new family members! I was curious about what he meant as my brother and his wife aren't expecting and my Mom passed away 6 years ago. Well, he has adopted two cats! He was out at a garage sale yesterday afternoon and was admiring the cat walking around his feet. The owner asked him if he was interested in having a cat. Now, my Dad has always had cats until his 19 year cat Andy died almost 2 years ago. He felt at his age (he will be 80 next month) that it wasn't fair to get another cat in case something happened to him. Well, he has missed having cats around tremendously so asked for more details about this cat. It turns out there are two cats belonging to a friend of this man - their owner has moved into a nursing home and this man said he would try to find a home for her two cats - a 9 year old male and a 12 year old female. He has been looking for nearly 2 months while the cats have been living on their own in this woman's apartment. Her family is going through her things and if they hadn't found a home for the cats by the time they finished then they were going to be put to sleep! Dad went over today to see them - and brought them back home. Susie and Sylvester are now living with Dad. Susie spent the day exploring the house but Sylvester has become Dad's shadow. He can't be petted enough or cuddled enough. Susie keeps coming in for her share of the cuddling and then goes back exploring. It seems like a perfect solution to everyone's problems and everyone is happy. I love good news stories!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I was talking to my Dad yesterday and he said I would be getting new family members! I was curious about what he meant as my brother and his wife aren't expecting and my Mom passed away 6 years ago. Well, he has adopted two cats! He was out at a garage sale yesterday afternoon and was admiring the cat walking around his feet. The owner asked him if he was interested in having a cat. Now, my Dad has always had cats until his 19 year cat Andy died almost 2 years ago. He felt at his age (he will be 80 next month) that it wasn't fair to get another cat in case something happened to him. Well, he has missed having cats around tremendously so asked for more details about this cat. It turns out there are two cats belonging to a friend of this man - their owner has moved into a nursing home and this man said he would try to find a home for her two cats - a 9 year old male and a 12 year old female. He has been looking for nearly 2 months while the cats have been living on their own in this woman's apartment. Her family is going through her things and if they hadn't found a home for the cats by the time they finished then they were going to be put to sleep! Dad went over today to see them - and brought them back home. Susie and Sylvester are now living with Dad. Susie spent the day exploring the house but Sylvester has become Dad's shadow. He can't be petted enough or cuddled enough. Susie keeps coming in for her share of the cuddling and then goes back exploring. It seems like a perfect solution to everyone's problems and everyone is happy. I love good news stories!

AWWWW, your dad is so cute!

Hai guyz... I'm back... in the US.

BOO!

haha! Welcome back girl! I was staying updated on ur ventures through FB...how was the concert....ur son like it?

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Good morning! Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend. Our ethnic pot luck was a hit. Way too many desserts, so I'm glad I made more dishes to compensate. Enjoy your day!

black-coffee.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Charles, people could have had a field day on VJ today. I gave warning that I was not going to be here but apparently no one else was either - VJ was moderator less all day. To be very honest, coming back to find all of the messages waiting and none of them having been attended to all day brought back all of the stress I was hoping to let go. I am getting very tired of being a moderating team of one or two. But maybe this should go in the vent thread instead.

i behaved :innocent: good thing there's mafia wars on facebook to keep me occupied :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

OK, I know this is kind of mean, but it is hillarious none the less. This woman that I work with (Theresa) has been trying to update her wardrobe for work over the last 2 weeks. Well, she's bought 2 new pairs of shoes and a large (very large) flower barette. Well, turns out her new sandals are Men's sandals. She can't go home right now to change them, and she can't walk around barefoot. I feel bad, but i'm also chuckling.

Indy.gif

Hi All

Busy day at work. Apparently I was also invited to a wine and cheese tonight... I am NOT dressed for it!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone. I just got back from the hairdresser's. I am going to an interim one while my regular hairdresser is out on maternity leave. The new hairdresser is originally from Germany. She met her American husband while he was stationed over there. We had a good chuckle over the fact that everyone thinks she has automatic citizenship because she married an American. *giggle*

Then I stopped by the local bistro and was outside on the balcony enjoying my frozen chai latte when a man came up and started chatting to me. It turns out he is from Quebec originally. It was nice to speak with a fellow Canadian. In person. LOL

On Sunday I went to church. On my way there I saw a guy who put me in mind of my friend, Rick, who passed away last summer from brain cancer. He was riding a Harley just like his, and looked just like him. Anyway, at church I said a little prayer for Rick and his family. When I got back in the car I put the radio on...... and a song that I think of as "Rick's song" was playing on the radio! I've never heard it played in all the years I've been here. That gave me a warm fuzzy. :luv:

iagree.gif

Timeline
haha! Welcome back girl! I was staying updated on ur ventures through FB...how was the concert....ur son like it?

He loved it! Omg watching him dance and sing along is sooo cute! It was a great show though and the lead singer is just so yummeh.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Welcome back, Sprailenes. What did you think of the drive?

Wasn't bad at all. :D

Except coming back I hit 2 hours of stop and go traffic, it was the worst.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome back Sprailenes!

Your two hour traffic thing reminded me of something I saw on our way up here.

I believe it was in Missouri. Anyway we are prancing down le highway and on the other side of the road there is a traffic jam due to road work. This traffic jam went on for like a mile or more. They were barely moving and sometimes not moving at all, it would have taken them hours to get through it. I was thinking, thank God that's not us - that would make me squirrely - also thinking of people who had kids in the car etc.

There was also no place for these people to exit at all. I noticed at the tail end of the traffic jam that they were just putting up a sign - well that's great but if it says "hell of a traffic jam up ahead - hope you don't have to go to the bathroom and that you brought snacks" - how would that be helpful since there were no exits available!

I so would have used that U-turn thing they have in the middle of the highway - that is for authorized vehicles only :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.