Merlion@

I'm filing this week

9 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am filing for removal of conditions this week. I hope to finally get it done.

I will send the following:

1. Joint tax returns (2007, 2008)

2. Lease (from 2006 when we used to live in PA - that's where we had the initial interview-this lease was renewed one time; and current lease expiring in December)

3. Letter from Comcast that we have an account with them

4. Letter from the car insurance company stating that I am one of the beneficiery on the account

5. Light bills - they have our address on the letter head and the last bill has my name added on it - the question here is: do I send this last bill or do I sent the old ones given that the address is there (they just did not want to put my name in before)

6. Two receipts from joint cell account (i only have last 2 months as I never thought to keep them)

7. Borading passes from 2007 trip to my country - we got married there again with my family present

8. Pictures from our wedding and the wedding from back home (i find this to be the strongest evidence that mariage is bona fide)

9. Other pictures - us with his family etc. and maybe i'll take a couple before I send package just to have recent.

10. We no longer have a joint bank account together - times are tough and we barely have any savings, but I have paperwork from the time we used to have a joint account in 2007 before we moved to Florida. He could not be add it on my account here as his credit is not good. Do I send the old papers or not send at all?

Does this look like enough?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Do you have joint insurance (medical, dental, life)? What about a joint car title? You could also submit a couple of affidavits. If I were you I would write a cover letter and explain the lack of a joint bank account. At the same time I would submit older bank statements that prove that you once did have a joint account. Make sure your evidence covers the entire 2 years. Good luck.

AOS from F1 visa

05/02/2007 AOS Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox Day 1

05/25/2007 Biometrics appointment Day 24

07/26/2007 Interview Day 86 Approved

08/06/2007 Green card received Day 97

Removal of Conditions

04/28/2009 I-751 delivered to CSC Day 1

06/27/2009 Biometrics appointment (walk-in) Day 60

07/20/2009 Approval notice issued Day 83

07/22/2009 Received card production email Day 85

07/27/2009 Received green card & approval notice Day 90

Beibehaltungsgenehmigung (BBG)

08/03/2009 Submitted application to German consulate in L.A.

11/20/2009 Approval notice issued Day 109

US Citizenship

04/27/2010 Submitted N400

04/28/2010 N400 delivered Day 1

05/10/2010 Check cashed Day 12

05/13/2010 Received NOA (NOA was issued on 05/10) Day 15

05/20/2010 Received Biometrics notice Day 22

06/11/2010 Biometrics appointment (walk-in) Day 44

06/22/2010 Online Status changed to Testing & Interview Day 55

06/23/2010 Received interview notice in the mail Day 56

07/26/2010 Interview Day 89 Approved

08/24/2010 Oath Ceremony Day 118

My card making blog: http://silkeshimazu.wordpress.com/

Hello!

2. Lease (from 2006 when we used to live in PA - that's where we had the initial interview-this lease was renewed one time; and current lease expiring in December)

4. Letter from the car insurance company stating that I am one of the beneficiery on the account

5. Light bills - they have our address on the letter head and the last bill has my name added on it - the question here is: do I send this last bill or do I sent the old ones given that the address is there (they just did not want to put my name in before)

6. Two receipts from joint cell account (i only have last 2 months as I never thought to keep them)

7. Borading passes from 2007 trip to my country - we got married there again with my family present

8. Pictures from our wedding and the wedding from back home (i find this to be the strongest evidence that mariage is bona fide)

9. Other pictures - us with his family etc. and maybe i'll take a couple before I send package just to have recent.

10. We no longer have a joint bank account together - times are tough and we barely have any savings, but I have paperwork from the time we used to have a joint account in 2007 before we moved to Florida. He could not be add it on my account here as his credit is not good. Do I send the old papers or not send at all?

Hi,

Read this thread, it will answer all your questions.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=182620

Good Luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello!

hello Merloin@

heres mine.... the evidence that we filed last week for removal of condition, hope it helps!

• Envelope containing1 cheque $545.00 ($465.00 for I-751, $80.00 for Biometrics)

• Completed Form I-751

• Copy of my green cards front and back

• Copy of the tax statement for 2008 (envelope) which we received for our checking account

• Copy of our 2008 joint US tax return.

• Copy of welcome letter of our new Home Church ( Heart of the Bay Christian Center)

• Copy of our certificate of our membership in Heart of the Bay Christian Church

• Copy of home owners insurance notices.( AAA)

• Copy of our joint account statement. (Wells Fargo Bank)

• Copy of our health insurance cards showing a joint policy.

• Copy of my IRA statement showing my spouse as my survivor beneficiary

• Copy of our festival ticket in San Diego CA, last May 2008

• Copy of our certificate of renewal of vows last August 31, 2008

• Copy of our pictures together.( Different places and Different Occasions)

• A copy of our airline reservations for our Las Vegas vacation last August 2008.

• Copy of our hotel reservation for our Las Vegas Vacation last August 2008 (Tahiti Village Hotel)

• Copies of Christmas cards that we received last December 2008

• Copy of newsletter Community Childcare Coordinating council (4C’s) Alameda County.

• Copy of our Family Daycare License showing our Joint Partnership

• Copy of our Airline E-Ticket for our recent vacation in the Philippines May 16 - June 2, 2009

• Copy of our Itinerary for our recent vacation in the Philippines last May 16, 2009 –June 2, 2009

• Copy of our boarding Pass ( Tokyo / Narita – Manila Phil. May 17, 2009).

• Copy of our Boarding Pass( Tokyo/ Narita – San Francisco CA , June 2, 2009)

• Copy of our letter that we received recently from the Department of Social Services

AOS JOURNEY

2007-05-07 (PM) Married

2007-05-09 AOS package sent

2007-05-10 AOS delivered to Chicago IL (day 1)

2007-05-15 NOA (not rcved in the mail) (day 6)

2007-06-01 Biometrics Notice in the Mail (day 23)

2007-06-27 Biometrics (day 49)

2007-06-20 Interview Notice Issued (day 42)

2007-06-23 Interview Notice in the Mail (day 45)

2007-08-10 Interview 10:00 am Sn Francisco (day 93) Approved

2007-08-21 Greencard received

Removal of Condition

2009-06-19 - sent

2009-06-25 - received

2009-06-26 - cheque cash

2009-07-17 - notice date

2009-08-14 - Biomentrics

2009-09-08 - Approved

2009-09-08 - 09-15 Card production ordered (email)(day 82)

2009-09-17 - Approval notice sent (email)

2009-09-19 - 10 year greencard received (w/wrong information)

2009-09-21 - I-90 sent

2009-11-04 - Card Production Order

2009-11-09 - Approval Notice received

2009-11-10 - Touched

1009-11-14 - Replacement 10 years greencard received (55 days)from filing expired 11/09/2019

Hello again!

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I have some additional questions:

I sometimes find that it is best not to say things unless asked. So, while we no longer have a joint account (to tell you the truth in this economy we barely have any money left to save), we had one in 2007...Since then we moved to Florida upon my admission in a doctoral program in Psychology. When we moved we had to put down deposit and my husband bought a car..also the bank we had the account with does not opperate in Florida..this has made it difficult to keep the account open. He tried opening an account at a different bank but couldn't because of bad credit. I then assumed that they will not put his name on my new account..so we ended up not having a joint account..I have an account since I get paid through direct deposit but he doesn't...the car insurance payment goes through my account and we both pay bills..but can't save much. Will it make any sense to put copies of our old bank account dated 2007 around the time of the first interview or just let it go and only motivate the lack of a joint account if they send RFE?

Also, will it look bad if it's his brother who writes an affidait for us? Does it have to be a friend only? I ask this since our life pretty much resumes to going to work, coming home and doing fun things together when and if we have time. I am still in graduate school working on research so socializing is not a priority right now...his brother knows me well though and could write a letter. Is it worth it or send without affidavit?

I understand that the money order includes the total amount and not to money orders-one for actual application and one for biometrics. Is this correct?

Also, does anyone have a sample of a cover letter?

I'm preparing my packet on my own. Should I write it as if I wrote it or as if my husband wrote it (I'm the beneficiery)?

When we first moved to Florida, we rented a small place and did not have actual lease but the guy who rented us the place gave us a written statement (written sort of sloppy since his English isn't so good) that we gave him the amount for the room plus deposit. Should I sent that or just the current lease? Like I said it wasn't an official document but it nevertheless attest to our living there).

Thanks a lot in advance for any replies. I'm getting worried here.

Also, I kept my maiden name. When they ask for last name, I normally write my maiden name plus my husband's (now mine) last name.

This is how it shows on my green card and SSN card. Then down on the form they ask for maiden name...do I write my maiden name in that box if I use my maiden name as part of my last name? I'm confussed.

Filed: Other Timeline

Merlion,

your English skills are excellent, and as a psychologist you might agree with me about the importance of a cover letter. There is this immigration officer in his or her cubicle, opening an unknown amount of I-751 files a day. How nice to have a cover letter, giving a brief overview of the relationship, before digging through the paperwork

Here's an exerp from my letter:

Dear USCIS Examiner:

Please find enclosed a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status of xxx xxxx (A# xxx-xxx-xxx).

We, xxx and xxx, first met in 2002 and have been a couple since. We moved in together in 2004, got engaged November 25, 2005 while on a trip in San Francisco, and married in Santa Barbara on August 25, 2006.

Permanent residence status in form of an I-551 was granted to xxx on September 14, 2007.

We are happily married, still living together with our daughter xxx in the same house in Ventura. xxx graduated from Ventura High School in June of 2008 and has been attending UCSB since Fall 2008. She commutes to and from Santa Barbara daily. We plan on celebrating our upcoming 3rd wedding anniversary on St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands), and respectfully request that this I-751 be granted.

Aside from the I-751, we have enclosed the following:

LIST

I also believe that a photo tells more than a thousand words. I've added 14 photos, glued on to 7 pages, showing us on vacation, spending Christmas in Wyoming, attending a family wedding, and traveling through Utah, all together, all happy, all smiling and waving. No affidavid can give such an impression. "Me thinks."

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Hi Bob,

Thnaks for your reply. I really like this part and plan to write something along the same lines.

"I also believe that a photo tells more than a thousand words. I've added 14 photos, glued on to 7 pages, showing us on vacation, spending Christmas in Wyoming, attending a family wedding, and traveling through Utah, all together, all happy, all smiling and waving. No affidavid can give such an impression. "Me thinks.""

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.