Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had lemon garlic marinated chicken, fettuccini alfredo, and sweet corn for dinner last night. It was awesome.

Tonight....no clue. Work from 7am-7pm, then a meeting til whenever our service agreement for the youth center is renewed. Hopefully I'll be in bed before midnight!

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night, we had a bunch of leftovers .... corn, broccoli and carrots in cheese sauce, ham, stuffing and oddly enough, linguini and clam sauce.

Tonight, my mom is cooking. I think she is making this chicken that she coats in mayonnaise and parmesan cheese and then bakes.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

Last night was homemade burgers and parmesan garlic fries....

Tonight, we're debating between going out and making something. I'm gonna let Spoom decide :)

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I need your help, ladies!

I want to pick up one of those pre-roasted chickens for dinner tomorrow night. I want to do something with the leftover carcass/meat but I'm not sure what!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I usually make soup from roast chicken carcasses, but I wouldn't do that with a pre-roasted one..... it doesn't turn out the same. Sometimes I will make chicken curry or chicken pot pie with roast chicken leftovers. Or you could make the chicken soup with the leftovers, but not use the carcass. Since you're in Canada you can pick up the liquid Bovrils. They are fabulous for adding chicken or beef flavour to your recipes, and for making hot broth if you have a sore throat or something. I can't get them here in the US so I have to bring them back from Canada. In fact, I just had my daughter bring me some. LOL

I have no idea what we are having this evening. I guess it will be leftovers. I haven't been feeling very well these last few days, and now I've woken up with a really sore throat. So much for New Year's. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

Tonight I am making New Years Eve dinner for my in-laws (yes, including the WIL, we are at a somewhat truce right now...). Am serving pasta tossed in a mushroom cream sauce, roasted veggies, chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese (and mozzarella for the hubby) and little pizzas! Am really excited, been cleaning the house for two days.

Tomorrow night, am having my aunt's family and grandmother over for an early supper -- making spicy sausage penne, honey sesame chicken wings and mashed potatoes.

Off to buy some alcohol now! :)

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I made Marilyn's chicken tortilla soup recipe yesterday. With a few modifications. lol. It was fabulous. Thanks Marilyn!

I also made a beef stew and have had it on low in the slow cooker for tonight's dinner. mmmmmm, stew. Can't wait!

glad you liked it... next time we make ours we are cutting back on the spices.. hubby put them in and I think he was a bit generous with them.. like I caught him with the cayenne.. he had the spoon heaping :o

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Oh man, I wish I could eat what you're making, darkchilde. I could go for some food like that.

We had chicken and rice, but I dont really like drumsticks, so I ate rice with ketchup on it :lol:

And with left over chicken I always just throw it in the crockpot with chicken broth, potatoes and onions. The potatoes and onions raw if you cut them small enough. I season with oregano, pepper and smoked chipotle hotsauce. Keep it in the crockpot all day, sooooo good.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Timeline
glad you liked it... next time we make ours we are cutting back on the spices.. hubby put them in and I think he was a bit generous with them.. like I caught him with the cayenne.. he had the spoon heaping :o

:o

I found the spices perfect..... when you follow the recipe. lol. Not so sure about the tortillas next time, though. I think I may throw in some rotini instead. I also added a tin of corn and used less chicken. I had a mutant chicken breast, though.

I made Tom Yum Goong last night for dinner. I was/am sick so I did pretty good, I think. lol

I have decided not to cook tonight. I feel terrible. :(

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:o

I found the spices perfect..... when you follow the recipe. lol. Not so sure about the tortillas next time, though. I think I may throw in some rotini instead. I also added a tin of corn and used less chicken. I had a mutant chicken breast, though.

I made Tom Yum Goong last night for dinner. I was/am sick so I did pretty good, I think. lol

I have decided not to cook tonight. I feel terrible. :(

Aw...hope you feel better soon Krikit!

Tonight we made the mistake of going grocery shopping while hungry right before dinner. We ended up succumbing to our hunger and stopped in at In N Out Burger. We've been there once before and weren't all that impressed, but decided to give it one more go. I could have sworn that someone on here said they have an online menu in addition to the one they have in their restaurant, so we asked, and they kind of chuckled and said no lol.

We did enjoy our burgers a bit more this time around, though.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Aww Krikit :( - If it helps any I can send you some cyber chicken noodle soup good for healing sore throats! Actually, it feels really weird but if you gargle with a 50/50 mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water it does seem to help the soreness of a sore throat. I tried it in November when I was sick for so long (until Christmas, actually :( ) and it did work - it just felt strange.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.