What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
They opened a new Keg in Burnaby that is terrible, actually. There is no ambiance, it's loud as hell, and the food is pretty blah. :\

Blah and it's new - so no hope there!

You know what I really hate (which has nothing to do with the Keg) - restaurant lighting where there is a bare bulb in the light fixture above the table, doesn't matter if it's Denny's or a upscale-ish restaurant - they think they are being hip and regardless it's a bare bulb - I always feel like they may interrogate me at any moment.

So that has nothing to do with dinner or the Keg. <wanders off>

What's even more sad was that there was a Keg there for a number of years, but they tore it down and moved it to just a few hundred feet further to the west so the new Costco could be built. The old Keg was good - loved the ambiance in the restaurant, was nice and darkish. :(

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

They opened a new Keg in Burnaby that is terrible, actually. There is no ambiance, it's loud as hell, and the food is pretty blah. :\

Blah and it's new - so no hope there!

You know what I really hate (which has nothing to do with the Keg) - restaurant lighting where there is a bare bulb in the light fixture above the table, doesn't matter if it's Denny's or a upscale-ish restaurant - they think they are being hip and regardless it's a bare bulb - I always feel like they may interrogate me at any moment.

So that has nothing to do with dinner or the Keg. <wanders off>

What's even more sad was that there was a Keg there for a number of years, but they tore it down and moved it to just a few hundred feet further to the west so the new Costco could be built. The old Keg was good - loved the ambiance in the restaurant, was nice and darkish. :(

I LOVED that old Keg. I have some great memories from there. It WAS so dark...but I really like dark restaurants!

The Keg in general has changed its style...in B.C., at least. I remember the one that was in Langley on the site where Colossus is now...and it was SO cool. It was attached to an indoor equestrian centre, so you could watch horses jumping etc. while you were eating. The new one in Langley (well, it's about five years old now...) has less ambiance etc. I'd rather just go to Brown's Social House.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Don't go to the new one in Burnaby. It's really terrible - it really is like being in a sports bar now. :( Y'know how the old one had all that private seating? Nope, not anymore. It's mostly all bench/chair seating.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I made a stir-fry out of some leftover sauteed carrot and celery along with some Mexican rice plus I added some chicken and I cooked up a bit of angel hair pasta that I added to the mixture too.. it was quite yummy

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I made a pot roast last night, kind of an Ina version of her pot roast without the cognac. Very very good. Mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. Tonight we're heading to the hockey game and our seats include free food and drink. I doubt they'll have any good dining eats, but usually I enjoy good stadium food! :yes:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Ok so I don't really normally like making dinner at dinner time - I don't know why, but I don't - so I like making things I can make at like noon - roast etc etc

So I wanted to make a stirfry for tonight, didn't want to marinate it for hours, so I have implemented the reverse marination method. I just cooked the meat and it is now in the marinade in the fridge and I will just warm it up at dinner time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is cold, wet and teeming rain here right now - has been for hours and will be for hours more - and it may turn into wet snow before its done. So, I thought it was a perfect day to put on the crockpot. I've a corned beef, with onions, potatoes and carrots crock-potting away right now and will add some cabbage later on.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
It is cold, wet and teeming rain here right now - has been for hours and will be for hours more - and it may turn into wet snow before its done. So, I thought it was a perfect day to put on the crockpot. I've a corned beef, with onions, potatoes and carrots crock-potting away right now and will add some cabbage later on.

That sounds really good!

Thanks for posting in this thread Kathryn, it reminded me to take something out for dinner :lol:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

as anybody ever been to the BJ's Restaurant/Brewery? we are thinking of going there today...

right now they have a deal where you can get a salad or soup each and then share a medium size specialty pizza and a dessert to share for 20 bucks...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight am going to have left over pad thai! Met some of my sorority girls last night at Ban Thai in downtown Baltimore. As we had a set dinner for 14 and only 6 showed up, each of us got to take a hefty left over package!

Debating what to make for hubby -- poor thing has been shovelling all day long, and he doesnt eat Thai food :( Hmm... maybe some PB&J? *evil grin*

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

I bought a rotisserie chicken on Friday and we had chicken enchilada's. Saturday night we were out at a Christmas party, and ate finger foods. Last night I made a pork roast, marinated in Jamaica jerk sauce. Had cauliflower with cheese sauce, and roasted potatoes. We have enough leftovers now I think until Christmas Day. :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.