Timeline

leftover pizza.

which i LOVE.

tomorrow i'll be more ambitious make a spicy pepper jack and ham quiche

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had another donair! We pretty early - but that was dinner. My Husband had to go over to my Nieces house to fix her tap which is leaking - in fact he couldn't do it, needs different tools and will do it tomorrow, so he picked them up on the way home.

She attempted it and got it to where she couldn't turn the water back on (as in main water shut off) - couldn't fix it and couldn't put it back together :lol:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the lasagna I had was way better then expected, in fact it is probably the best frozen lasagna I have ever had..

the salad was yum too, I bought a bag salad but it was nice and fresh and it had radishes and sugar snap peas in it.. yum!! (well the radishes weren't yum, I put them all in the hubby's half of the salad :whistle: )

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

I was volunteering in the morning, and didn't feel like mincing that leftover roast beef last night for sheppard's pie, so I made ricotta cheese spinach sells with crushed tomatoes. It was very good. Today I'll mince that beef and prepare the pie.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

We've been trying to celebrate our birthdays/anniversary with a nice dinner this whole week (our anniversary was the 9th, my b-day was the 12th, and hubbies b-day was the 15th,) but neither of our schedules allowed it, so tonight hopefully we'll be going out for a nice dinner...Thai maybe, or perhaps at this nice chinese restaurant down the street. I snuck a chocolate cake into the house yesterday for David's birthday which I'll light candles for tonight (I bought him a 2 and a 9 candle, since he keeps thinking he turned 29, but he really turned 30. It broke his heart when I informed him yesterday that he was 30, and not 29 lol, so I thought I'd give him a smile by making him a year younger again.)

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

We've been trying to celebrate our birthdays/anniversary with a nice dinner this whole week (our anniversary was the 9th, my b-day was the 12th, and hubbies b-day was the 15th,) but neither of our schedules allowed it, so tonight hopefully we'll be going out for a nice dinner...Thai maybe, or perhaps at this nice chinese restaurant down the street. I snuck a chocolate cake into the house yesterday for David's birthday which I'll light candles for tonight (I bought him a 2 and a 9 candle, since he keeps thinking he turned 29, but he really turned 30. It broke his heart when I informed him yesterday that he was 30, and not 29 lol, so I thought I'd give him a smile by making him a year younger again.)

Happy belated birthday's and anniversary! I really hope you can make it out to dinner tonight to celebrate! Enjoy!

carlahmsb4.gif

The parents in law are taking us out to dinner tonight. They want to show us this one restaurant they want to use for the rehearsal dinner. I think it might be too fancy...

http://www.pressroomrestaurant.com/

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's not tonight, but (not this coming weekend) next weekend when the fiance is here, I plan on making him buttermilk battered fried chicken, corn souffle, and creamy garlic mashed potatoes with chicken drippings white gravy, and hari corvert, cause I'm a southern girl at heart, and he loves southern fried chicken.

Plus, I just got a deep fryer~

Here's a useful tip I learned in the restaurant kitchen last week.

One of the girls were using Kiwi to marinade with the meat she was preparing.

There is an enzyme in kiwi that tenderizes tough meat

I tried it and the beef was easy to take apart, i didnt even need to use a knife. Try it!

You can also use pureed onions or (my personal favorite)...

... Canadian coke. The kind with real sugar in it, not the US HFC kind.

It tenderizes the meat really nice. :)

Edited by Aero and Dero

Together: 10/10/2001 - current

The Process, Part 1

09/09/09 - I-129F sent certified mail express to CSC.

09/10/09 - I-129F received and signed for by INS Express Mail.

09/11/09 - NOA1 notice date.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am making this for dinner tonight.. we are kind of running low on groceries.. need to head to the grocery store this week...

Ground Beef and Noodles Recipe

* 1 lb ground beef

* 3 (3 ounce) packages ramen mushroom-flavor noodles

* 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables

* 2 cups water

1. Brown ground beef and drain.

2. Return to skillet.

3. Add water and noodles with seasoning.

4. Bring to boil.

5. Add veggies.

6. Boil for 5-7 minutes or until veggies are tender.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Ground-Beef-and-Noodles-23798

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Well the shepard's pie I made last night was a huge success and something I'll definitely make again! I used my new meat grinder attachment for my Kitchen Aid, to grind up that icky dry roast beef. Then I added carrots, onions and green beans, which I had cooked, then gravy, put it into a casserole and topped with mashed potatoes. I should have made more mashed potatoes though, it was pretty thin. :lol: Have you ever noticed that you have to cook up a ton of potatoes for mashed potatoes?? It was delicious and the beef very tender and tasty.

Tonight I have left over ricotta spinach shells, so that's what I'll heat up. With a salad.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Happy anniversary, happy birthdays, Misty! How'd he enjoy the cake?

That reminds me of the year I turned 37. The entire previous year I had thought I was 37 when I was really 36. So when I really did turn 37 and people would ask me my age, I said 37 again. :lol: And then they would say "Liar! You were 37 last year!" :bonk: I missed an entire year. :lol:

The parents in law are taking us out to dinner tonight. They want to show us this one restaurant they want to use for the rehearsal dinner. I think it might be too fancy...

Noooo. Not too fancy at all. It looks lovely! What did you think of it, Peachey?

Well the shepard's pie I made last night was a huge success and something I'll definitely make again!

I ended up having shepherd's pie too! LOL. I didn't feel like making anything so I found two individual shepherd's pies that I'd frozen when I'd made a batch of them, so I took those out and had peas with them. Yay for freezers and make-ahead meals!

I definitely need to make ham and pea soup tonight, though.

iagree.gif

Noooo. Not too fancy at all. It looks lovely! What did you think of it, Peachey?

It was pretty expensive, but VERY good. Funny thing, they serve fried chicken w/ mac n cheese next to veal cooked in wine.

I had the pasta special. It was bay scallops, salmon, broccoli over linguine with a cream sauce. I didn't eat it all!

Varba and I recently decided not to get married at the reception hall, but at the church, so his mom wants to take us to the Lititz Family Cupboard for the rehersal dinner instead. Very dutchy food, should be good. She still wanted to take us to the pressroom in case we really liked it.

Anyway, we are suppose to get our grill tonight. Lowe's wanted to put it together for us for free, and we said "Ok!". I went to try and pick it up on lunch, but it didn't fit in my car! Varba's borrowing his co-worker's SUV to bring it home.

I don't know if we'll have time to use it since we have to go visit grandma at 7PM and then meet with our DJ at 8:30. Probably just leftovers from last night for dinner!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Rotini and shrimp in garlic curry cream sauce. Mmmmmmm

:crying: I'm so gonna miss mom's cooking!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
It's not tonight, but (not this coming weekend) next weekend when the fiance is here, I plan on making him buttermilk battered fried chicken, corn souffle, and creamy garlic mashed potatoes with chicken drippings white gravy, and hari corvert, cause I'm a southern girl at heart, and he loves southern fried chicken.

Plus, I just got a deep fryer~

Here's a useful tip I learned in the restaurant kitchen last week.

One of the girls were using Kiwi to marinade with the meat she was preparing.

There is an enzyme in kiwi that tenderizes tough meat

I tried it and the beef was easy to take apart, i didnt even need to use a knife. Try it!

You can also use pureed onions or (my personal favorite)...

... Canadian coke. The kind with real sugar in it, not the US HFC kind.

It tenderizes the meat really nice. :)

Or beer!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.