Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We are going to have T-bone steaks tonight, wish I had a BBQ to cook them on - but no matter, they will be good regardless. I have 1 yam left, so I will cook that as well and i'm not sure what else I will make - maybe corn.

Are you going to get a BBQ, or are they not allowed at your apt complex? I know lots of apts don't allow BBQ's

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the best vegetarian chilli a few nights ago....I added Tofu as the meat substitute....it tastes just like meat! My husband says it is the best chilli he has ever had....and he is not one to lie and make me feel good lol.... I froze part of it....he has been eating chilli for 3 nights straight lol...and by choice too...cause I have offered to cook other stuff.... AHAHA!

We stopped eating red meat a year ago...and between chicken and fish..gotta try and keep it creative...I found the best Tofu chilli recipe on line....so yummy...

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We are going to have T-bone steaks tonight, wish I had a BBQ to cook them on - but no matter, they will be good regardless. I have 1 yam left, so I will cook that as well and i'm not sure what else I will make - maybe corn.

Are you going to get a BBQ, or are they not allowed at your apt complex? I know lots of apts don't allow BBQ's

Yeah, we are going to get one, just haven't gotten around to it yet....I should get on that!

Timeline
I made the best vegetarian chilli a few nights ago....I added Tofu as the meat substitute....it tastes just like meat! My husband says it is the best chilli he has ever had....and he is not one to lie and make me feel good lol.... I froze part of it....he has been eating chilli for 3 nights straight lol...and by choice too...cause I have offered to cook other stuff.... AHAHA!

We stopped eating red meat a year ago...and between chicken and fish..gotta try and keep it creative...I found the best Tofu chilli recipe on line....so yummy...

That sounds good! I make veggie chili alot too with soy crumbles, my husband said he can't notice a difference that it's not meat! I love that.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

So we went out to dinner tonight to celebrate my oath ceremony. We went to one of our favourite Thai restaurants 'Flavours of Thailand". I had Red Rainbow Duck Curry (red curry with duck and colourful vegetables). Joe had the Spicy House Special - stirfried cabbage, carrots broccoli, mushrooms and pork in a brown sauce. They were both really good - and we have enough left overs for a second meal for both of us.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I bought the yummiest plums the other day.. I have been having one for dessert every night.. mmm

I just love fruit.. I would eat fruit over cake and donuts any day...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

So we went out to dinner tonight to celebrate my oath ceremony. We went to one of our favourite Thai restaurants 'Flavours of Thailand". I had Red Rainbow Duck Curry (red curry with duck and colourful vegetables). Joe had the Spicy House Special - stirfried cabbage, carrots broccoli, mushrooms and pork in a brown sauce. They were both really good - and we have enough left overs for a second meal for both of us.

Hey Katheryn...congrats...did you just get ur citizenship? :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

I just stumbled upon this recipe... they look yummy.. not sure if I would ever make them though.. :P

Homemade English Muffins

My mouth is watering after seeing that link Marilyn! Yummers! I think I'm going to try them this weekend. I love recipes where they have pictures of every step.

Last night I made a turkey pot pie. I got the idea from Krikit's thought of maybe having a chicken pot pie! It was very good, but the gravy perhaps a little too watery. What is it about watery things and me this week! :blink: Tonight I don't know. I'm going to clean out my fridge later today and see what the heck in leftovers I have and try and get rid of a few things. I know I still have several beets that I haven't roasted yet. A few weeks ago I bought several and quartered them, drizzled with olive oil, thyme, oregano, sea salt and pepper and roasted them for an hour at 400 degrees. Yummers! Gene had a couple, and I ate ALL the rest! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the english muffin recipe link, Marilyn! I love pictures too! :lol: I am SO going to try making my own. I can't stand all the sugar in the ones which are available here.

I love roasted beets! Oh! And we didn't have chicken pot pie last night. I changed my mind and had meatloaf. LOL. I am not sure what we will have this evening. I think maybe I'll get my husband to pick up Mike's bbq chicken and collards. Yum.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Going out to eat tonight ooo la la. I don't know where we're going, Mike says its a surprise. I guess since it's our last 'child-free' dinner together he feels the need to do something spethal.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Going out to eat tonight ooo la la. I don't know where we're going, Mike says its a surprise. I guess since it's our last 'child-free' dinner together he feels the need to do something spethal.

Aw that's sweet! Have fun

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Those english muffins look really good Marilyn, thanks for the link! I also love beets, fresh, from a can, anyway I can get them :lol:

I guess I should take something out for dinner now....hmmm, just don't know what that should be.

Timeline

Last night's baked ziti was a hit with my hubby, as he kept saying how nummy it was then wanted seconds and leftovers for lunch. So I'll have to make that again :) Tonight is quesadillas....

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Aw that's sweet! Have fun

Yea as long as he has home by the time Big Brother is on, I'll be happy... live eviction tonight yanno. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.