Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering what to have tonight for supper as well. Hmmm, I think some lemon pepper fish fillets I bought that are frozen. Some rice, and veggies I guess. Tomorrow is supposed to be a whopper of a snowstorm here, so I think I'm going to make some crockpot potato soup and biscuits. I may change what I'm making tonight yet. Last night we had jambalaya and it was very yummy. Only leftovers were for Gene's lunch today.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That sounds like my kind of meal!!!! I love, love, love, love spinach! I really do.

Veggie burgers with sweet potato fries and spinach salad tonight.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

I thawed some tilapia that I'm trying to figure out what to do with tonight. Time to google some good recipes. I think I'll try the quinoa again (last night I experimented with a recipe I found online and almost traumatized myself...won't be using that recipe again,) maybe a spinach or arugula salad on the side.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so tonight's dinner is going to be pork packets with lemon, onion, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce and then I am going to do some veggie packets... I also might do something with the spinach as I want to use it up but we will see about that...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

pork adobo and curry stew. I need to cook the food in the fridge that I took out days ago. Left over chocolates from xmas have just been too tempting rather than cooking.

Timeline

Hey misty...

One of my fave things to do with tilapia, is to take a piece of tin foil, put some fresh or frozen veg on it, with some butter, salt and pepper and maybe lemon or pesto sauce and then lay the tilapia

on top, a little more of the sauces and then bake it in the oven for like 20 minutes or so. Fast, easy and super yummy, healthy meal.

:D

I thawed some tilapia that I'm trying to figure out what to do with tonight. Time to google some good recipes. I think I'll try the quinoa again (last night I experimented with a recipe I found online and almost traumatized myself...won't be using that recipe again,) maybe a spinach or arugula salad on the side.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

It's cold here, snowing and it's only supposed to get worse and windy.... BLIZZARD!!!

Me thinks some chili and corn muffins would taste wonderful tonight!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Timeline

Last night I made potato soup and a warm spinach salad with walnuts and cranberries. It was supposed to be walnuts and dried cherries but somehow my husband interpreted "cherries" as "cranberries" and picked those up instead. The potato soup was fabulous!

I have dried black beans cooking in some seasoning in the crockpot as we are having black beans and rice with chicken fajitas this evening. I also made a lime and cilantro salsa to go with everything.

This is my favourite tilapia recipe. It's fabulous.

Curried Tilapia with Mango Salsa

(serves four)

INGREDIENTS

1 ripe mango - peeled and diced

1/4 cup chopped red onion

1 serrano chili, minced (seeds removed)

1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped

2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 large lime)

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons olive oil, divided

1 tablespoon curry powder

1 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning

4 tilapia fillets

DIRECTIONS

For the mango salsa: Combine the mango, red onion, serrano chili, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a glass bowl. Set aside.

For the tilapia rub: Mix together 1 tablespoon of olive oil, curry powder, and garlic pepper in a small bowl. Rub this mixture onto both sides of the fish fillets.

Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fish for about 3 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork.

Serve with the mango salsa.

so tonight's dinner is going to be pork packets with lemon, onion, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce and then I am going to do some veggie packets... I also might do something with the spinach as I want to use it up but we will see about that...

Throw the spinach in with the pork packets!

It's cold here, snowing and it's only supposed to get worse and windy.... BLIZZARD!!!

Me thinks some chili and corn muffins would taste wonderful tonight!

That goes perfectly with snow!

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok can someone tell me if I am crazy or not..lol but I was reading that it isn't good to reheat spinach....

I was thinking of stir-frying the spinach up with some bell pepper and squash for dinner tonight but since hubby won't be eating dinner til later he would have to reheat it..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.