Ban Hammer

tuesday

73 posts in this topic

Amy....my husband had his interview last Monday, he paid the delivery which was Aramex (instead of DHL). The last thing he did at the embassy was pay for the visa shipment which was around 11:300-12:00. They gave him an Aramex slip with the tracking number. I tracked it from day 1 and it said "picked up" at 11:32 am the day of his interview. Then it said shipment on hold for a couple of days, then it say shipment received at operations facility....few other statuses and finally shipment delivered after my husband picked it up (they called him). So I figured it said "picked up" that same day of his interview because they entered the tracking number in the system and the shipment was on hold because it hadn't left the embassy yet...don't know if that makes sense to you, but I think it was kind of like a placeholder until it was acutally shipped. I don't know if that helps. But I did call Aramex after like the 3rd day to ask them what shipment on hold meant and they were able to tell me that the package was still at the embassy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Amy....my husband had his interview last Monday, he paid the delivery which was Aramex (instead of DHL). The last thing he did at the embassy was pay for the visa shipment which was around 11:300-12:00. They gave him an Aramex slip with the tracking number. I tracked it from day 1 and it said "picked up" at 11:32 am the day of his interview. Then it said shipment on hold for a couple of days, then it say shipment received at operations facility....few other statuses and finally shipment delivered after my husband picked it up (they called him). So I figured it said "picked up" that same day of his interview because they entered the tracking number in the system and the shipment was on hold because it hadn't left the embassy yet...don't know if that makes sense to you, but I think it was kind of like a placeholder until it was acutally shipped. I don't know if that helps. But I did call Aramex after like the 3rd day to ask them what shipment on hold meant and they were able to tell me that the package was still at the embassy.

That makes sense, Amanda, thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ewe :dead:

agreed. liver is #2 on my food hate list

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Olivia, about the koshary. Usually when one gets his koshary it comes with a couple condiments. I don't like the hot sauce/garlic vinegar at all so I always make sure my koshary is just plain. It shouldn't bother your stomach or have that garlicky taste. I hope this works for you!

I do cook liver (calf) for Wael but he doesn't care one way or another if he has it or not. I'm so very very lucky that he eats anything. He is acquiring the taste now for Mexican food. I cook very little Egyptian or MENA foods. Our meals consist of mainly Italian and European dishes. My family is Italian and he loves the flavors of the different sauces and the simplicity of the meals. I guess he is unusual as he never uses ketchup or hot sauce.

I worry about you not eating. I certainly hope you will feel better soon.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Hello MENA :energy:

Ive had a crazy/rough past 24 hours. When I went to the gyno doc yesterday, it was hot and sunny so I parked where I could take a nice walk to the door. Once inside and talking to the doctor, out of the blue theres a thunderstorm out of nowhere! So, im tired and ready to get home, but the only option was going thru the rain ( in flip flops no doubt so I had to walk thru the rain) ... I tried to wait the storm out but even slightly waiting still got me drenched. About 3 hours after I got home yesterday evening I started having some tightness in my chest/hard breathing which is not normal. I drank alot of hot cinnamon tea and used vicks vaporizer but that did nothing. Woke up today and went to work and all day long its been the same thing, with a slight dry cough once in a while. I wonder if this is the beginning of bronchitis? I found out my co worker that I worked with had it last week and we worked together the first day she got back which was this past Saturday.

Also this afternoon at work, I heard a woman scream for help and next thing I know is that an 85yr old elderly woman fell down at the front of the store by the restrooms. She fell face first and had a huge gash into her forehead, bleeding EVERYWHERE. Her nose and lips were also bleeding. I called 911 and got another manager up there, there were tons of people trying to help her including a customer that was a nurse. However, I noticed that 2-3 of the ladies (nurse included) starting wiping up blood with the paper towels with no gloves over there hands! :blink: I had to yell at them to throw the paper towel down on the floor bcz they should NOT touch someone elses blood!!! I thought people knew that in 2009 to get gloves on your hands before you touch other people with blood!!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

0h my gosh, Tamara!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
There was another interview going on? I thought he was already here then went there and then came back? What is going on? :wacko:

I failed to mention this was for the conditional GC. It was our second interview, 0livia.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Ah I see. Congrats Nagi. Len's been asking about you a lot in the daily thread.

Jeanne don't worry. Waleed always says I don't eat but I eat. He just eats 3-4 times more than me. Ah garlic so that was what was on his breath. Reminded me of vomit but my nose has been sensative as my stomach lately. I think it's just adapting to my new environment. I really have an issue with the sanitary conditions of Egypt and the bugs. Maybe if there was more green grass and flower blooming trees along with a garbage collection system and local dump then the bugs wouldn't be as much an issue but instead it all seems to be sandy eveywhere with trash dumped in the street or whereever they like and the decompossing rotting land of the dead type of bugs and it gets to me. It bothers me psychologically and you know how the mind, body, and spirit are all connected. I see flies on the food and meat in the open shops and I don't want to eat it. Their stomaches may take it but mind rejects it. I see cockroaches scurry across a cafe floor and I don't want to step foot there again and it doesn't matter if it's a nice European one. I see nats or little fruit flies in the plenty and I connect them to feasting on my garbage when I take it out and I just want to about die when I see them fly into my fridge when I open it. I think of the millions of bacteria growing on the cheese in the fridge right now because they don't put it in a plastic ziploc bag or containers and instead leave it on the plate with same knife that cut it for days. Same with the jelly and so forth. I won't touch cheese. I try not to think about the ants that crawled all over the bread on the counter tops during preparations and I have to repeat to Waleed don't leave food out this is Africa bugs find it in seconds and we don't want to invite those. I wish I could clean up my environment but instead I just give up. I don't worry if I spill the milk, or the tang, or the water. I kind of reveal in the misery of the messiness for now. When he's in the US though the kitchen is mine and he's going to learn some basic manners for proper storage and cleaning. Rinsing a dish in water after you just used it isn't going to cut it. Putting food in the fridge where millions of bacteria can grow all over it without proper containers isn't going to work for me. Laying newspaper on the floor and eatting over it is being replaced by a table we wipe down after a meal. For now it's like camping, sorta.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Olivia, it's really just one big adventure! Just do what you can do sweetie. Your camping days will be over before you know it and you will miss Egypt so much!! I'm just so sorry you still aren't feeling good. It certainly has been one trip you won't forget.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Thank you, Ladies!

Yes, I had some bouts of ' eh bat ' , but Im much better now.

I know my OT and MENA friends were concerned with my whereabouts. Thank you to the many who were able to reach me and put up with me! I love you all !

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.