rockhouse

Need some ideas...

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone, this topic is kind of dumb, but anyway.... my fiancee and i are still awaiting the NOA2. While we await it, my finacee is rotting away from boredom. She doesn't want to get a job, because she's afraid she will have to quit it soon when the NOA2 comes, and she hates the thought of a job schedule getting in the way of our daily talks online.

She is on Cebu, and reads, work's out, cleans the house, etc. to try and stay busy, but she is beginning to get very bored with the same old day-in and day-out routine there.

So what do/did all the rest of you Filipinas, (that don't have jobs), do during the day, as you await your NOA2? Give us some ideas please! :blink:

Thanks!

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'd suggest practice her english, both written and spoken, and start putting together a resume.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Hey everyone, this topic is kind of dumb, but anyway.... my fiancee and i are still awaiting the NOA2. While we await it, my finacee is rotting away from boredom. She doesn't want to get a job, because she's afraid she will have to quit it soon when the NOA2 comes, and she hates the thought of a job schedule getting in the way of our daily talks online.

She is on Cebu, and reads, work's out, cleans the house, etc. to try and stay busy, but she is beginning to get very bored with the same old day-in and day-out routine there.

So what do/did all the rest of you Filipinas, (that don't have jobs), do during the day, as you await your NOA2? Give us some ideas please! :blink:

Thanks!

Join the VJ forum....... :devil:

Never a dull moment around here..... :thumbs: especially in the RP section....hehehe

Timeline

Thanks!

Join the VJ forum....... :devil:

Never a dull moment around here..... :thumbs: especially in the RP section....hehehe

I agree :thumbs:

patience is a virtue

dancingbaby.gif

(Jai Ho)No there is nothing that can stop us(Jai Ho)

Nothing can ever come between us,(Jai Ho)

So come and dance with me,

Jai Ho! (oohh)

She has the answer to everything and the solution to nothing

Thanks!

Vjying! :thumbs::devil:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Do a lot of visiting to old relatives and friends because when she gets to the US it's another story. Maybe when she is here already she will be bored to death also because her life will also be the same day in and day out. No one can help a person's boredom except himself/or herself. Researching about unfamiliar places, interesting topics and everything about the USA will be a great help and of course familiarizing herself with the English language is a must to engage herself to. Good luck!

While i was waiting for our NOA2, i enrolled at informatics in SM cebu, i took up autocad and advance microsoft office and it lasted for less than two months. The good thing about modular courses is that you can choose the schedule. Informatics might have courses that she will like.

Thanks!

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
Do a lot of visiting to old relatives and friends because when she gets to the US it's another story. Maybe when she is here already she will be bored to death also because her life will also be the same day in and day out. No one can help a person's boredom except himself/or herself. Researching about unfamiliar places, interesting topics and everything about the USA will be a great help and of course familiarizing herself with the English language is a must to engage herself to. Good luck!

yep!! thats what i have done too,read interesting books,maybe blogging if she like...

When i was still on the process of K1, i was tutoring kids so thats makes me busy all the time plus the things i do at home. Now while i am patiently waiting for my flight in August,i do shopping every week,assist my family at home,playing with my dogs and most of all VJying he he he..........

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

Timeline

Thanks!

Vjying! :thumbs::devil:

she can gain friends here.......

dancingbaby.gif

(Jai Ho)No there is nothing that can stop us(Jai Ho)

Nothing can ever come between us,(Jai Ho)

So come and dance with me,

Jai Ho! (oohh)

She has the answer to everything and the solution to nothing

have her learn driving coz it's a necessity once in USA

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

for me i would suggest english both written and oral and driving lessons..thats what m gonna do (latter) too as soon as i get my NOA2..but still few more months to wait before then...funny and ironic..here is ur fiancee getting bored of her mundane stuff at home and here i am getting bored and tired of my present job sometimes.but cant do anything coz this is my bread and margarine(promdi kasi ako eh)...but im pretty sure that every moment spent on doing nothing is really very dull...ive tried leaving my job for a year and it felt good for a while until i got bored ....well, cross stitching is also a good hobby...or anything that will let u and her benefit once she is in ur country like a vocational course so she can land a job there if u permit her to work...this is just my opinion...thanks and god bless to u and ur fiancee

daisy and lane

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

06-22-2009 ---- NOA1 09-18-2009 ---- NOA2

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

12-04-2009 ---- Interview 12-12-2009 ---- Visa Received

12-18-2009 ---- Flight to US via PAL ...POE - LAX

03-02-2010 ---- SSN and State ID

---AOS TIMELINE---

02-09-2010 ---- Mailed AOS( 485, 864, 131, 765, 1145)

02-12-2010 ---- AOS Package Received by DHS-USCIS

02-18-2010 ---- E-Notification, SMS and NOA Hardcopy Received

03-15-2010 ---- Biometrics Appointment in Milwaukee, WI

04-09-2010 ---- Authorization for Parole/Travel Dox Received

04-16-2010 ---- EAD Card Received

05-12-2010 ---- Interview Schedule in Milwaukee..PASSED!!! Thank You Lord!

05-17-2010 ---- Welcome Notice arrived in mail

06-01-2010 ---- Received Instruction Permit Card from DMV

06-10-2010 ---- 2-yr. GC/PRC arrived today in the mail..SALAMAT PO LORD!

12-12-2010 ---- Got my DMV License

learn culinaries....maybe in the neighborhood or short classes....sort of enhance cooking (if she already cooks and enjoys it) and add in american/western cuisines afterall...when she gets to move to US, her first 3 months (unless earlier) is a day in/day out scenario similar to what she's having now. (althou perhaps there'll be more adventures with you around already by then) :star:

cooking because whether u are at home or work, you still have to eat anyway :unsure:

best of luck to all :thumbs:

Edited by JSVP08

K1 Visa

01-31-2009 I-129F to USCIS-CSC

02-19-2009 NOA1

03-24-2009 NOA2

06-21-2009 Medical(The Polyclinic, Dubai UAE)

06-28-2009 Interview @ USE AD (approved)

07-01-2009 Visa ready for pick up @ USE AD

07-07-2009 went to pick up my visa (ready 2 fly)

=

09-11-2009 POE-SFO(no questions asked,just a reminder 2 get marry within 90 days)

=

09-28-2009 applied for SSN at Sac., Ca(no hassle)

10-05-2009 received SSN card on mail

11-04-2009 applied for marriage license @ Sacramento County, Ca

11-18-2009 married (marriage certificate on hand-same day)

11-25-2009 I-693 signed by CS(MMR-$70, Vericella-$70, I-693 Form- $15)

=

12-23-2009 mailed AOS to USCIS, Chicago Lockbox (FedEx)

12-28-2009 recvd by USCIS

01-04-2010 check cashed by USCIS

01-08-2010 received NOA1 (I-797C) for I-485, I-765 and I-131

01-11-2010 recvd ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics

01-25-2010 Biometrics Appointment- West Sac, CA

**alls well @ Biometrics-less than 20 mins.

03-04-2010 recvd notice for AOS interview date

03-04-2010 EAD card production ordered (online notice)

03-08-2010 AP (I-512L) approved-recvd in mail (dated 3/2/10)

03-11-2010 EAD recvd on mail

04-06-2010 AOS interview, APPROVED! Bye USCIS til 2012- Sac, CA

04-15-2010 GC Welcome letter received fr mail

04-16-2010 GC recvd on the mail (Yiihaa!!!)

=

03-08-2012 ROC I-751 mailed to CSC via USPS Priority Mail

03-12-2012 ROC recvd by CSC

03-12-2012 NOA1 (revd on mail 03/19/12)

03-15-2012 ROC check cashed

"Thank you to God and to VJ"

Maybe i should try to do some of these stuffs you guys are saying. I am bored myself. Also waiting for that NOA2 thing. Bored but getting a job isn't an option..hehe.. taking a vocational course sounds good, im a lil worried that my accounting degree wont be credited in the US.. (nah, i think im sure..hehe)

Thanks for the ideas! :idea:

aaa.jpg

i've been...

attending cooking classes

going out with friends

reading books

blogging

talking to hubby everyday

vjing is top on my list

reading other people's blog

finding stuffs about life in the US

going to government agencies to get documents

preparing documents for visa

changing my status to married in all legal forms and documents

mostly, watched all tv programs in dvd that i will surely miss when i get to US.

i go out to watch movies, it's expensive to do that in US

play online games.

as for driving lessons, nah... my husband says i should just learn it there coz i might learn some bad driving habits here.

he saw how the drivers here are and is just plainly aggravated with their non-observance of traffic rules.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.