~ameriptian~

Between NOA1 and NOA2?!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

We just received our NOA1 a few days ago and we are wondering what papers should he (petitioner) get ready there and me (beneficiary) get ready on time and preferably before time as well? We are planning that he attends the interview with me (we are aware he cannot participate), does he still need to send everything by mail or can he just bring the papers we need with him? Also, when the does the medical examination stage come? Are there any vaccinations or anything I should take care of before it's time?

Thank you in advance :)

Aya and John

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

In the Guides section - there is a K-1 Flowchart which gives you a step by step break down of what is needed and when. It was a savior to me and presumably to many other people. Give it a look.. :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
Hello everyone,

We just received our NOA1 a few days ago and we are wondering what papers should he (petitioner) get ready there and me (beneficiary) get ready on time and preferably before time as well? We are planning that he attends the interview with me (we are aware he cannot participate), does he still need to send everything by mail or can he just bring the papers we need with him? Also, when the does the medical examination stage come? Are there any vaccinations or anything I should take care of before it's time?

Aya and John

Ok this is everything i need, im not sure if its all you will need since we are dealing with two different country's but here goes.

FROM YOU THE BENEFICAIRY

- DS 230 form

- Two copies of the DS 156 forms (you can get sample forms from this website, but the consulate will send you these forms

- Copy of DS 156K

- New and old letter of intent to marry (Translated)

- Medical exams

- Required vaccinations

- Police report of were she has lived for the past 6 years

- Birth Certificate (Translated)

- 4-8 passport style photo

FROM HIM THE PETITIONAR

- Approval letter from USCIS (noa-2)

- I-134 form

- 2008 taxes ( He should get some pay stubs, and letter from employer)

- Original I-129 form

- New and old letter of intent to marry

- Evidence or on-going relationshipr (Pictures, Phone bills, purchased plane tickets, email conversations etc)

hope this helps, if im missing anything im sure someone will tell you

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

Touched: 2009-03-05

NOA2(s) : 2009/07/30

NVC Received: 2009/08/03

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Consulate Received 2009/08/07

Interview Date 2009/10/08 Visa granted...:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Aya and John

Read the guides Guides

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

We are reading the guides, but we are kinda lost :wacko:

ROC Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Aya and John

Ok to answer your questions .He can bring all the papers that you will need with him .

The Medical Exam will come after you get approved . and after the embassy send you the packet 3 .

they will tell you what kinda vaccination you should take .

Good luck .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Hello everyone,

Aya and John

Ok to answer your questions .He can bring all the papers that you will need with him .

The Medical Exam will come after you get approved . and after the embassy send you the packet 3 .

Good luck .

Thank you everyone.. We just have one more little question :blush: will I need any of the papers he will be bring for any of my paper work before the interview?

ROC Timeline

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Aya and John

Good luck .

Thank you everyone.. We just have one more little question :blush: will I need any of the papers he will be bring for any of my paper work before the interview?

I really think you need to read the guides more thoroughly. It is clear that there is MUCH confusion....

First of all, he has already sent in HIS paperwork.... with the I-129 application. Unless he gets a request for evidence (RFE) indicating he forgot something, or they want something different, or more than what he has already sent, his part of the process is 90% completed.

AFTER the I-129 is approved, you will get what is called "Packet 3". This will be the documents that YOU need to provide. The ONE document that he has to give you to include in YOUR paperwork is the Affadavit of Support with it's required documentation... the rest of the paperwork that is submitted with Packet 3 is all done by YOU. And it includes your medical exam. I have no idea what you think he needs to bring with him from the USA.... but really the only thing is the I-134 and it's supporting documentation.

There are no vaccinations required in this process for Egyptians coming to the USA.... however, it would be wise to bring with you (when you come) proof of whatever vaccinations you have already had. And even wiser for you to take a look at this document http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5753-Immunization.pdf and make sure you have had everything required for adults in your age group... and proof that you have had them IN ENGLISH. Once you get here you WILL be required to have all of these (VERY EXPENSIVE HERE!!!) and you can avoid this by bringing PROOF that you have had these with you. My husband had to repeat all of his vaccinations here because we were unaware of this, and it was a huge waste of time and money... but it's required, so we had no choice.

If you pm me your email address I have an entire copy of the packet #3 that was sent to my husband that I can email to you. The forms are out of date (and were when they sent them to him!!!) so you will need to go online and find the newest versions of the forms... but at least what I can send you has all the form #'s and the instructions in arabic. I've sent this to several others on this group to let them get a "head start" on seeing what will be required for the Egyptian applicant.

Here is a link to the I-134 Affadavit of Support and INSTRUCTIONS... He should complete his I-134 while he is in the USA and have it notarized HERE and bring all his supporting evidence with him. I just sent the I-134 and supporting documents via the USPS to my husband, it was very easy. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

You may have read that you need to send the embassy a lot of your fiance's documents, like his birth certificate, or passport, etc. etc. etc. I sent NONE OF THAT based on information I received directly from the Embassy in Cairo. They told me that all of MY information had already been reviewed in the I-129 process and I did NOT need to send all of that for my husband to take with him to the interview or submit with Packet #3 in Egypt.

Wait until the I-129 has been approved before you get the Police Certificate and the Medical Exam, someone posted recently that you have to have a letter from the Packet #3 now before the doctor in Egypt will do the exam.

All you can do now is work on getting all the information you will need for the Packet #3 forms... (practice filling them out...) AND you could get your immunizations, since some of them require multiple injections over a period of time. Also you can translate your birth certificate (you can do it yourself, as long as you follow the instructions for self-translation to the letter)

§ 1003.33 Translation of documents.

"Any foreign language document offered by a party in a proceeding shall be accompanied by an English language translation and a certification signed by the translator that must be printed legibly or typed. Such certification must include a statement that the translator is competent to translate the document, and that the translation is true and accurate to the best of the translator's abilities."

What you will do the most of is WAIT.... Wait for the processing here, wait for the approval of the I-129 and then WAIT for the paperwork to be sent from the US to Cairo, and then wait for Cairo to send you the Packet #3, and then wait for them to schedule the interview.

Hopefully he understood the instructions of the I-129 and sent everything so he can avoid an RFE. My husband took other things with him to the interview (proof of our on-going relationship and my many extended visits to Egypt...) but they didn't pay much attention to them. They were focused on asking him questions and recording his answers. They didn't even look at the photos, etc. But they did keep them, so maybe they look at the stuff later... Who knows.. we got them back and it didn't look like they had even been touched... Of course I sent nearly an entire BOOK with the I-129 application so maybe that was enough.

Sabran Gameel...

Timeline
Hello everyone,

Aya and John

Good luck .

I really think you need to read the guides more thoroughly. It is clear that there is MUCH confusion....

First of all, he has already sent in HIS paperwork.... with the I-129 application. Unless he gets a request for evidence (RFE) indicating he forgot something, or they want something different, or more than what he has already sent, his part of the process is 90% completed.

AFTER the I-129 is approved, you will get what is called "Packet 3". This will be the documents that YOU need to provide. The ONE document that he has to give you to include in YOUR paperwork is the Affadavit of Support with it's required documentation... the rest of the paperwork that is submitted with Packet 3 is all done by YOU. And it includes your medical exam. I have no idea what you think he needs to bring with him from the USA.... but really the only thing is the I-134 and it's supporting documentation.

There are no vaccinations required in this process for Egyptians coming to the USA.... however, it would be wise to bring with you (when you come) proof of whatever vaccinations you have already had. And even wiser for you to take a look at this document http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5753-Immunization.pdf and make sure you have had everything required for adults in your age group... and proof that you have had them IN ENGLISH. Once you get here you WILL be required to have all of these (VERY EXPENSIVE HERE!!!) and you can avoid this by bringing PROOF that you have had these with you. My husband had to repeat all of his vaccinations here because we were unaware of this, and it was a huge waste of time and money... but it's required, so we had no choice.

If you pm me your email address I have an entire copy of the packet #3 that was sent to my husband that I can email to you. The forms are out of date (and were when they sent them to him!!!) so you will need to go online and find the newest versions of the forms... but at least what I can send you has all the form #'s and the instructions in arabic. I've sent this to several others on this group to let them get a "head start" on seeing what will be required for the Egyptian applicant.

Here is a link to the I-134 Affadavit of Support and INSTRUCTIONS... He should complete his I-134 while he is in the USA and have it notarized HERE and bring all his supporting evidence with him. I just sent the I-134 and supporting documents via the USPS to my husband, it was very easy. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

You may have read that you need to send the embassy a lot of your fiance's documents, like his birth certificate, or passport, etc. etc. etc. I sent NONE OF THAT based on information I received directly from the Embassy in Cairo. They told me that all of MY information had already been reviewed in the I-129 process and I did NOT need to send all of that for my husband to take with him to the interview or submit with Packet #3 in Egypt.

Wait until the I-129 has been approved before you get the Police Certificate and the Medical Exam, someone posted recently that you have to have a letter from the Packet #3 now before the doctor in Egypt will do the exam.

All you can do now is work on getting all the information you will need for the Packet #3 forms... (practice filling them out...) AND you could get your immunizations, since some of them require multiple injections over a period of time. Also you can translate your birth certificate (you can do it yourself, as long as you follow the instructions for self-translation to the letter)

§ 1003.33 Translation of documents.

"Any foreign language document offered by a party in a proceeding shall be accompanied by an English language translation and a certification signed by the translator that must be printed legibly or typed. Such certification must include a statement that the translator is competent to translate the document, and that the translation is true and accurate to the best of the translator's abilities."

What you will do the most of is WAIT.... Wait for the processing here, wait for the approval of the I-129 and then WAIT for the paperwork to be sent from the US to Cairo, and then wait for Cairo to send you the Packet #3, and then wait for them to schedule the interview.

Hopefully he understood the instructions of the I-129 and sent everything so he can avoid an RFE. My husband took other things with him to the interview (proof of our on-going relationship and my many extended visits to Egypt...) but they didn't pay much attention to them. They were focused on asking him questions and recording his answers. They didn't even look at the photos, etc. But they did keep them, so maybe they look at the stuff later... Who knows.. we got them back and it didn't look like they had even been touched... Of course I sent nearly an entire BOOK with the I-129 application so maybe that was enough.

Sabran Gameel...

Thank you very very much!!! (F)(F) That was so detailed and helpful.. :thumbs: You helped me out of this confusion!! :)

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.