trailmix

Your best cleaning tip!

99 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I envy you guys who have your own washer and dryers :( ... I was supposed to go to the laundromat on Thursday but I had to wait the whole day fro the laptop to be delivered.. :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Epic fail! :crying:

I think it has something to do with the fact that my sheet has elastic all the way around, and hers has straight edges with elastic only on the corners. :(

I only use 1 pair of sheets. I take them off, wash them, dry them and put them back on. :hehe:

Well, that certainly cuts down on the dilemma. :lol: I couldn't do that, though. I like to change things up. In fact, I get all squidgy and :luv: when I'm in the linen section of a store. I love sheets and towels! :lol:

Oh! Pillow case/duvet case tip!.....

If you have a pillow or a duvet which is hard to get back into its cover, turn the case inside out, grab the top two edges of the pillow or duvet, then turn the case back to its right side while slipping it over the pillow/duvet. Makes life much easier. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh! Oh! Does anyone know how to fold a fitted sheet properly?

:yes: i do, learned that trick from my dad.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I only use 1 pair of sheets. I take them off, wash them, dry them and put them back on. :hehe:

Well, that certainly cuts down on the dilemma. :lol: I couldn't do that, though. I like to change things up. In fact, I get all squidgy and :luv: when I'm in the linen section of a store. I love sheets and towels! :lol:

Oh! Pillow case/duvet case tip!.....

If you have a pillow or a duvet which is hard to get back into its cover, turn the case inside out, grab the top two edges of the pillow or duvet, then turn the case back to its right side while slipping it over the pillow/duvet. Makes life much easier. :)

I am a linen person too, I love to look at all linens! However, for sheets I prefer white - so I don't feel the need to buy a lot :hehe:

Oh! Oh! Does anyone know how to fold a fitted sheet properly?

:yes: i do, learned that trick from my dad.

Can you come and show me? :crying:

oh I found a different demo for folding sheets.. looks like this guy has one of those sheets that has elastic all around...

I DID IT! I DID IT!!! :dance:

That one worked, Marilyn! Thank you so much for your crack investigation! :lol: I loved the sock and thong ones too. But for entertainment purposes only. :lol:

Charles, I don't need you anymore. :P

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Charles, I don't need you anymore. :P

there goes a bunch of free timbits. thanks marilyn! :angry:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

oh my goodness.. who the HECK has the time to fold thongs :blink: Mine (I mean IF I owned 'em).. I'd just stuff them in a drawer.. :lol:

My husband spent his fathers day bent over the drain in the shower trying to dig out crusties out of our clogged drain.. honestly the sickest thing I've ever seen is all the calciumy, hairy fur balls coming out from that drain... HOLY that was gross..

Ahem.. my cleaning tip for the day is always keep a magic eraser handy when cleaning dishes.. It will get off the icky residue left behind from no stick spray and also any stains/black marks on your silverwear & dishes.. :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

here's a tip for clogged drains. I used to work for a Plumbing Distribution company and the Plumbers told me not to use Drano. It shouldnt be accesible to the public. it does more damage than help you. So they told me to use Vinegar :)

You can also use vinegar to soak stubborn stained fabrics. I usually let the fabric soak for a while and I also use Vinegar as a safe bleach for laundry. I used to do this for work all the time. If you ever get gum on the fabric, steam the part that has gum on it, then it will get soft again.

As for keeping your closet smelling good, i put bounce or any laundry sheets that smells fresh. My brother and I do this for my car too.

K-3:

Marriage : 2008-03-22

I-130 Sent : 2008-11-15

Appointment @ consulate: 2009-04-09 - Approved!

Picked up K3 visa & passport: 2009-04-14

POE @ Blaine, WA: 2009-04-24

EAD app sent to USCIS California: 2009-04-28

EAD app rec'd @ USCIC CA: 2009-04-30

EAD NOA: 2009-05-11

Biometrics Appt: 2009-07-27

EAD Approved/Card Production: 2009-7-31

EAD Received: 2009-09-06

AOS packet & change of address sent: 2009-12-23

Biometrics Interview: 2010-02-23

Interview Date: 2010-03-16 APPROVED

GC received March 29, 2010

Removal of Conditions

Application sent: January 04, 2012

Rec'd Notice of Bio appt: January 24, 2012

Biometrics appt: February 24, 2012

Rec'd approval notice: dated July 7, 2012

Rec'd 10yr green card: July 17, 2012 (dated july 10, 2012) - rec'd IR-6 status

Vancouver Consulate Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190588

POE Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=193529

My husband spent his fathers day bent over the drain in the shower trying to dig out crusties out of our clogged drain.. honestly the sickest thing I've ever seen is all the calciumy, hairy fur balls coming out from that drain... HOLY that was gross..

puke3.gif

Ahem.. my cleaning tip for the day is always keep a magic eraser handy when cleaning dishes.. It will get off the icky residue left behind from no stick spray and also any stains/black marks on your silverwear & dishes.. :)

Oh, that's good to know! Except I remember seeing a segment on one of those news magazines in Canada where they were upset that the product contains a known carcinogen and it should not have been made available in Canada.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Oh, that's good to know! Except I remember seeing a segment on one of those news magazines in Canada where they were upset that the product contains a known carcinogen and it should not have been made available in Canada.

really??

I rinse well.. does that help?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

To clean out your microwaves cut a half of lemon into 3 wedges and put it in a bowl and microwave it on high for 2 minutes.. the steam will make it easy to clean the insides and the lemon will freshen it up.

Donne moi une poptart!

really??

I rinse well.. does that help?

:lol: I have no idea. But burnt toast is a known carcinogen. How many times have you eaten burnt toast? (Just as long as you don't smell it, though.... I hear that's a prelude to a seizure. lol) Who knows anymore? I mean, yeaGods, cigarettes have known carcinogens and they're not throwing smokers into the clinker for endangering peoples' lives. *shrugs* Though they do get dirty looks. :lol:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.