5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Could any one going/gone through Montreal for their interview advise me on how they paid the I-601 fee? It's $265.00, but, I should expect fingerprinting too at $85.00? The instructions mention the $265.00 fee, but not the fingerprinting and I want to be prepared. Instructions state "money order or check drawn on a bank located in the United States". How can I do that???? can I just get a money order in U.s. funds from my Bank of Montreal? and as for them stating "in the exact amount only". Well,geez, if they surprise you with the fingerprinting fee over and above the $265.00 they tell you about...how does anyone have the "correct amount"? I leave Thursday for my interview, so your advice would be appreciated before I go crazy.

our timeline

01/03/06 - mailed I-129F application to NSC

01/16/06 - received NOA1 via snail mail

03/07/06 - received NOA2 via e-mail

03/22/06 - received at NVC

03/23/06 - case forwarded to embassy (Montreal)

04/03/06 - packet 3 arrives from embassy

04/11/06 - sent checklist and DS-230 part 1 to embassy

07/07/06 - Interview in Montreal

07/07/06 - Visa denied, handed in completed I-601

08/19/06 - I-601 received in Vermont

i went for a K1 and it was only cash tht they mentioned, not sure in yr case..

Al

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Timeline
i went for a K1 and it was only cash tht they mentioned, not sure in yr case..

Al

I'm going for a K-1 too. Since I know I am going to be denied the visa, I went ahead and downloaded the 601 application to be able to hand it in at my interview. It was the instructions that came with that that stated how to pay. So maybe handing the application in in person requires cash, which would make my life easier.?

our timeline

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi. I went through Montreal in March/06, filed my 601 then. We paid $85.00 for fingerprints and $265 for 601 and $265 for 212. We paid with cash, but they gave us the option of paying with Credit cards. If its not a US card it didn't seem to be a big deal, they just figured out the conversion and made us pay that. It just has to be paid in US funds. I think our 2 waivers ended up being like $630 canadian or somewhere in there. Of course exchange rates are different now.

Timeline

thanks for the information briluke :-)

our timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.