morocco4ever

Transit Visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey all, I figured that one of my peeps here might know the rules on this since I can't get anyone from the Spanish consulate to talk to me.

We have found some great tickets to go to Morocco, but they go through Spain both ways. The way home there is a 15 hour lay over there. My husband is convinced that if he doesn't leave the airport he won't need a transit visa, but I think they would require one. They don't know if his intentions are to continue on to his destination or not, so I highly doubt they wouldn't require one.

Does anyone have any experience on this?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I found this:

http://skyteam.com/about/travelhelp/travelinfo.html

looks like a helpful tool :thumbs:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow this is a great website! Thanks! Not only good to see for me, but for my husband as well. :-)

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline
I found this:

http://skyteam.com/about/travelhelp/travelinfo.html

looks like a helpful tool :thumbs:

Great site! Thanks Lisa.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When I called the airlines in spain, they told me that if I left the airport then I would need a transit visa. I stayed 18 hours in the airport twice. If you go to Madrid, there is no one walking around checking anyone. not even security because they do clearance right when you get off the plane. The visa should be sufficient. I have been to every other place for connections and back to try to make my tickets cheaper.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Timeline
When I called the airlines in spain, they told me that if I left the airport then I would need a transit visa. I stayed 18 hours in the airport twice. If you go to Madrid, there is no one walking around checking anyone. not even security because they do clearance right when you get off the plane. The visa should be sufficient. I have been to every other place for connections and back to try to make my tickets cheaper.

The difference would be that you are a US citizen. My husband is a legal resident with a 10 year GC.

Timeline

No visa needed if you're not leaving the airport. My husband had a 23 hr layover in Madrid once (ughh) and so long as you don't leave the airport and are there for less than 24 hours no visa.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

That website is very helpful! My husband was asking a similar question, if he needed a transit visa if he went through Britain while going to the USA. Guess not!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline
No visa needed if you're not leaving the airport. My husband had a 23 hr layover in Madrid once (ughh) and so long as you don't leave the airport and are there for less than 24 hours no visa.

Now that is what I needed to hear. I had visions of them sending him back to Morocco on his way back to America. What a nightmare that would be wouldn't it? :crying:

Timeline

That is what I meant as well....It applies to anyone even if you are not a USC because when I called the airport in Madrid that is what they had informed me.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello dear

Please get your husband a transit visa and if you want you can get him a tourist visa for a short time with not problem with a consulate of spain. I just did that with my husband and my husband doesn't even work and I did take care of everything. I want with my husband and I took 3 bank statement originals, 2 photograh, our tickets round trip from austin to madrid and reservations only for madrid casablanca, the visa form, and the hotels reservation at madrid for one night, in a week we got a a tourist visa valid for one month and we can stay only 8 days in sapin with multiple entrees. you don't want to stay for 14 or 24 hours in the airport. I found a hotel close to the airport include a shuttle from the hotel to the airport for only $109 at the hilton. Please visit this web site as well and let me know if you have any other questions http://www.consulate-spain-chicago.com/ even if it's chicago but have all the information you need. I didn't have any problem to get a hold of someone in sapin consulate in houston. The ladies there are very nice.

Have a great day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.