Uthar

Hitting and Swearing

212 posts in this topic

Man I need to check the Philippines forum more often. :pop:

welcome to the philippine forum, please do stop by more often, we have some interesting people and issues here :whistle:

I do stop by on occasion, but I find that many threads are in Tagalog (I presume). That makes it tough to follow the conversation.

And what is a Warai?

hello Brad and Vika! so nice to see you here. Waray is a language spoken in some provinces of the phils : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waray-Waray_language

What does that have to do with swearing and hitting? Are Waray people bad-tempered. No disrespect intended, but the earlier poster seemed to think that bad temper was common for Waray/Warai.

LOL i am not familiar with the waray people but all i know is that all over the world, there are bad tempered people and cool headed people so we really cannot generalize based on a province, city or country.

my mother is from leyte she's a waray who some refers them as bad tempered people while my dad is from

iloilo province where some says that people there are sweet and soft spoken..

my mother is the best mother in the world with good morals she's very caring and loving same as my dad and been married for 32 years..and they are still sweet with each other and i admire them.

in my opinion wherever you're from, there are bad tempered people..

I agree.. we cannot generalize people based on where they from..

even if you live in a castle if one have a bad attitude nobody can change that..

Edited by kaibigan

Adjustment Of Status
Jan. 20/2010 - mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131(FEDex)
Jan. 25/2010 - delivered signed by: JCHYBA (received date)
Feb. 01/2010 - AOS NOA1 date
Feb. 03/2010 - case status online last updated for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 05/2010 - received mail NOA1 for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 16/2010 -transferred this case I485 to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER
Feb. 24/2010 -BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT NOTICE RECEIVED.
March 23/2010 -approved 131
March 24/2010 BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE 1:00PM
March 24, 2010 I-765 EAD - approved!
March 29/2010 EAD received!
April 29/2010 USCIS updated change of address from TX TO MS
July 7,2010 MY FIRST ULTRASOUND -->> WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!
July 14,2010
The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made.
JULY 27,2010 AOS APPROVED
AUG.12/2010 CHANGE ADDRESS THRU FON AND FILED AR-11
AUG.16/2010 RECEIVED LETTER FROM USCIS THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THE CHANGE OF ADDRESS.
AUG.17/2010 - GREENCARD AT LAST!
Nov.18,2010 - Bouncing baby girl named ARIELLE FINES CAMPBELL!
April 2012 - Lifting of condition (1-751)
May 2012 - Due- welcoming our 2ND Baby and it's a Boy!

f2sh5xp.png

April 1,2013 -permanent resident card received!

August -->>> N-400!!!! can't wait!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some regions are really known for some distinct characteristics of people living there like people from this part is this and that. Here in our place, Warays are known to be always ready to fight. Though it doesn't always hold true for each and everyone.

Filed: Timeline
Some regions are really known for some distinct characteristics of people living there like people from this part is this and that. Here in our place, Warays are known to be always ready to fight. Though it doesn't always hold true for each and everyone.

I thought the Moro-Moro were the fierce warriors?

Can I ask a question??? What is a war freak???? I saw it mentioned a few times in this thread?

Warfreak is a Trouble maker!

And trouble with a capital T too! Don't mess up with these people. They are a pain in the ####.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was expecting Yogi Berra to chime in and ask "deja vu all over again"? :lol:

When you come to a fork in the road, take it!

It ain't over 'til it's over!

The future ain't what it used to be. :lol:

It's tough to make predictions, specially about the future. :lol:

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Timeline

hello Mister_Bill. To answer your question: Moro-Moro is a play which became popular in the Philippines during the Spanish colonial period. It depicted battles between Christians and Moros-as Muslims in the Philippines are popularly known-with the Moros as the perpetual villains who always lost to the Christians in the end (from wiki-answers). I'm guessing you meant Moro people which refers to a population of Muslim filipinos in the Philippines (as Wikipedia's decription) and they mostly live in Mindanao while Waray people are from Visaya. Yes, Moro people are known as fierce warriors while Waray people are known to be brave and are ready to fight when someone pick a fight on them.

hello Mister_Bill. To answer your question: Moro-Moro is a play which became popular in the Philippines during the Spanish colonial period. It depicted battles between Christians and Moros-as Muslims in the Philippines are popularly known-with the Moros as the perpetual villains who always lost to the Christians in the end (from wiki-answers). I'm guessing you meant Moro people which refers to a population of Muslim filipinos in the Philippines (as Wikipedia's decription) and they mostly live in Mindanao while Waray people are from Visaya. Yes, Moro people are known as fierce warriors while Waray people are known to be brave and are ready to fight when someone pick a fight on them.

Thanks. My wife is the one who said, "Moro-moro." And that is the way she knows them from the street plays they do once a year. She is from Luzon, and never left there until her flight to the US. I took her word for it, but some google searchs fall more along the lines you stated. She also calls them Waray-Waray. I don't know why she says the double thing.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks. My wife is the one who said, "Moro-moro." And that is the way she knows them from the street plays they do once a year. She is from Luzon, and never left there until her flight to the US. I took her word for it, but some google searchs fall more along the lines you stated. She also calls them Waray-Waray. I don't know why she says the double thing.

Does she often ask for BilBil at night time? :whistle:

tex-mex.jpg

Only when we are making bacon :P

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bilao. [bee la´oh] A shallow, woven circular basket with no handles. Too bad it’s practically gone out of circulation.

Bilbil. [bil´bil] Love handles.

Bilib na bilib. [bee lib´ na bee lib´] An adjective to describe a gullible or naïve person. Or someone who has complete confidence or trust.

tex-mex.jpg

Bilao. [bee la´oh] A shallow, woven circular basket with no handles. Too bad it’s practically gone out of circulation.

Bilbil. [bil´bil] Love handles.

Bilib na bilib. [bee lib´ na bee lib´] An adjective to describe a gullible or naïve person. Or someone who has complete confidence or trust.

bilbil n. belly fat, pot belly

In my experience, Filipinas have four ways of expressing offense at some thing you said, or did, that embarrassed her. The first is tampo. She shuts down, doesen't say anything more than she has to, and appears withdrawn. If that doesn't work, then she will strike you. Not hard enough to hurt, just something to get your attention, nothing a tough guy like you shouldn't be able to handle. Third is the tears. Not outright crying, she will problably hide her face, but the tears will be real enough. The fourth way of expressing offense you don't want to know, and things are pretty much over at that point.

What I am trying to say here, is either you are not paying attention to what your wife is trying to tell you, and you totally fvcked up, or you stepped into something you don't want to have anything to do with. Perhaps some counseling at this point would be advised. She is probably Catholic, so both of you go see your local parish priest, and see what happens. Other than that, the Filipinos respect age, so an elderly Filipino might be able to intervene, and give you both some advise.

[Filipinas don't get mad, they get even.

[/color][/size]

:lol: :lol:

Edited by sojen

In my experience, Filipinas have four ways of expressing offense at some thing you said, or did, that embarrassed her. The first is tampo. She shuts down, doesen't say anything more than she has to, and appears withdrawn. If that doesn't work, then she will strike you. Not hard enough to hurt, just something to get your attention, nothing a tough guy like you shouldn't be able to handle. Third is the tears. Not outright crying, she will problably hide her face, but the tears will be real enough. The fourth way of expressing offense you don't want to know, and things are pretty much over at that point.

What I am trying to say here, is either you are not paying attention to what your wife is trying to tell you, and you totally fvcked up, or you stepped into something you don't want to have anything to do with. Perhaps some counseling at this point would be advised. She is probably Catholic, so both of you go see your local parish priest, and see what happens. Other than that, the Filipinos respect age, so an elderly Filipino might be able to intervene, and give you both some advise.

By striking her back, you fvcked up dude! It will take a lifetime to get her trust back, if she don't leave you at the first opportunity. Filipinas don't get mad, they get even.

:lol::P

Edited by sojen

Timeline

Hehehe...That's funny. :D

Anyways, I think waray-waray is the dialect used by the Warays. I may be wrong though...

The thing is that Philippines has a strange way of naming things, people, places and even dialects. I'm not really familiar with most. I am from southern Luzon and never roam around the country, hopefully someday soon. And until now, I'm still trying to figure out the difference between the FILIPINO language and the TAGALOG dialect, besides the fact that filipino is a language and the other is a dialect.

Anyways, :ot2:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.