timmaricel

EXPEDITING YOUR RETURNED PETITION

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After getting tired of seeing others who have filed their petitions after me getting their RFE's while I sit here twiddling my thumbs waiting and getting no response, I took some action that may be beneficial to those in the same boat.

A call to Vermont yielded a fax# to request the petition be expedited, that # is 802-527-4816. Of course this is better for those who have had their petitions approved already but held up by IMBRA, after all I was under the impression that those of us who were already approved would be taken care of first. Others of course have to go through the enire process we went through.

I wrote a formal letter explaining my sitiuation and the wait with no hits, including our approved status, which embassy my petition was sent back from, my receipt #, a copy of the IMBRA RFE I got from this forum, filled out with my pertinent info of course......find it here: <IMBRA SPECIAL TOPICS>.......<IMBRA RFE SCAN>.......download pdf link. I also included a copy of an actual FBI criminal background check I had done to confirm questions 2,3. Get that from here: http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

The request has to be approved of course but if your petition was already approved, I see no reason why it should be denied. I was told they may not accept the copied RFE but it can be added to your file and originals sent to you just to make it official. I was informed that if the request is approved then it shouldn't be more than a few weeks before it's back on it's way to the Embassy. Good Luck

Sent AOS/EAD: March 30, 2007

Receipt Date: April 1st, 2007

NOA: April 6, 2007

Biometrics: April 30, 2007

Transferred to CSC: May 8, 2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Other couples that tried to expedite their cases got it denied.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey, good luck! Thanks for the info, but many of us have already attempted this.

Your request most likely will be denied, the USCIS either does not consider this situation their error or their position is that there are so many petitions that were in error, there is no possible way to "expedite" them all. The RFE being sent is particular to each case also. This, of course, is just my opinion.

It's a shame some USCIS employees have actually encouraged an expedite request when the USCIS already had a policy in place to deny them. It was interesting, though, the day I received my expedite request turndown letter, I got a case update message online saying my case had been received back finally. (Just speculation, probably a coincidence)

Hey, if anything it puts them on notice you are still there putting on the pressure and you are motivated enough to try anything to get your case moving. In my opinion, the call centers actually spread misinformation and I have actually had better luck going through my representatives, the NVC, the consulate, and VJ, of course!

My request for expedite was denied along with all of the others that have submitted one. (All NOA2's) I submitted my request on June 19th and received my turndown letter on June 30th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.