chrislyse

NOA2 getting close, some questions about the next step and I134

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

From the guide:

"Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy."

Does this include my original birth certificate?

Regarding I134:

1. I have taken off about 6 months to stay with my fiance's family (to gain their trust, etc) so as of now i may not be able to get a job prior to her interview (my dad IS willing to co-sponsor) but how much assets would be required to not need a cosponsor with no current job?

2. What kind of documentation is needed when you list your house/condo on the I134? It's specific about personal bank account information you need to collect, but i'm a bit confused about the others.

3. How about accounts in the stock market?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
From the guide:

"Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy."

Regarding I134:

1. I have taken off about 6 months to stay with my fiance's family (to gain their trust, etc) so as of now i may not be able to get a job prior to her interview (my dad IS willing to co-sponsor) but how much assets would be required to not need a cosponsor with no current job?

2. What kind of documentation is needed when you list your house/condo on the I134? It's specific about personal bank account information you need to collect, but i'm a bit confused about the others.

for the BC...I don't know. I only have a copy of Wes's not his original.

1) $1 = $3 in assets. So whatever it is x3.

2) I've heard conflicting stories here. I don't think you can use your house as assets as the assets are suppose to be something that can be easily cashed in without causing undo harm to the sponsor, and losing your house would be undo harm I think. Same way that you cant claim your primary car.

3) not sure on this one either.

What I might recommend is poking around in the Embassy/consulate forum and doing a search on I-134 to see other peoples questions and answers. Theres tons of stuff on the form there, whether or not it answers your specific questions I'm not sure, but its worth a peek :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Karin had both originals of hers and mine but they never asked for it at the interview. I don't believe the Embassy/Consulate will demand an original be sent across the world when a good copy is already in their hands.

Regarding I134:

1. I have taken off about 6 months to stay with my fiance's family (to gain their trust, etc) so as of now i may not be able to get a job prior to her interview (my dad IS willing to co-sponsor) but how much assets would be required to not need a cosponsor with no current job? Usually assets are used to offset any shortfall in income (make up the difference) - for every $1 needed you'll need $3 in liquid value assets.

For a home/condo to be used as an asset on the I-134 you'll need to show documented evidence of it's current value (liquid value) - you'd need to document the mortgage amount, current equity and current market value. Most recent mortgage statement will show the first two and either a recent tax record or market evaluation by a Realtor can show the current market value. Obviously you can only use the equity as an asset since you probably don't own the home outright.

You must document current ownership (serial numbers, etc) and current value.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
From the guide:

Regarding I134:

Copy of birth certificat is fine

1. You need to make up the shortfall with 3x assets. If you are $10,000 pe short on income you need $30,000 in assets

2. You will need either a professional appraisal or the most recent tax assessment. You can get a tax assessment at the county tax office. It may be a few years old which may not satisfy (though with home prices as the are, maybe it wil make you happy) them you need a recent mortgage statment to show the equity in your home. Now the bad news. They do not laways consider the primary home value as an asset. Because in order to relaize the value you have to sell the home and then you have no home. The asset must be something you can liquidate within one year and not adversely affect the family.

3. An account ttatement. If it is a 401k, you must provide documentation of withdrawl policies (it has to be able to be liquidated in one year) and any early withdrawl penalties.

As you see, using assets is a can O'worms.

Good luck. Did you gain the family trust?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks for all the info! Yeah i have gained their trust, now its back to the waiting game. I am not sure how much faith to put in to the VJ estimates on NOA2 dates. I read some people that filed in December, VJ had an estimate of april and they still haven't gotten it :(

Timeline

So if i don't plan on using my condo as an asset, i just fill out the amount i paid, my mortgage and what its worth on the I134 form in the corrrect places...and i don't need to show a lot of proof? Or do i need notarized statements for all of those documents?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So if i don't plan on using my condo as an asset, i just fill out the amount i paid, my mortgage and what its worth on the I134 form in the corrrect places...and i don't need to show a lot of proof? Or do i need notarized statements for all of those documents?

if you arent using it as an asset there is no need to put it down at all. The extra spaces are for where you put the values of things you want to add to make up the difference in income with assets. If you can fulfill the requirements without it, don't worry about putting it down :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Quick question re: I134 - for proof of citizenship, is it ok to enter your passport number where it calls for Naturalization certificate number and write next to it "passport #" ? Never got my certificate back after sending it to get the first passport and don't want to bother paying for a replacement.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks for all the info! Yeah i have gained their trust, now its back to the waiting game. I am not sure how much faith to put in to the VJ estimates on NOA2 dates. I read some people that filed in December, VJ had an estimate of april and they still haven't gotten it :(

:whistle:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

:whistle:

oh right, i think you're the one

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.