SAVM

Wow, the Philippines!

336 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There will be lots of definitions to tackle,lots of discussions to argue about,BUT no matter what,filipinos or not,whether this or that race believed that they are the best wiFE of not,To EACH HIS OWN.And from my understanding,this site is for the couples who are waiting to be with each other and to help one another with this journey and not to attack Filipinas who by their own belief,they are the best wives.Anyways,they said that in the Philippine Forum,they did not go to other portals and bragged about that.This thread already reached 19 pages,been discussed about races and how they got into different countries,created lots of responses and made filipinas mad :) .I seldom post and read here,and if i'm not interested in one topic,i'd rather ignore it.For those people who are sick and tired with filipinas that are bragging about themselves,you can easily ignore them,just dont create thread after thread that attacks the filipinas,i tell you,they will not just sit and let you attack them,they will go on their way to fight and support one another.Anyways,just like what others have said before,we are entitled to our own opinion and this is what internet all about.so let's give the filipinas the priviledge of adoring themselves in phils forum if that'll make them happy :star:

oh before i forget,i can attest to that that filipinas are great wives because i'm married to one...yes,i am bragging because i have proof,my wife,and i believe that all the men here are married to the greatest and the bestest wife :thumbs:

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS LIKE ME.CHEERS EVERYONE!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
'Natty Bumppo' are you saying that filipino/filipina is not a race?

Carlos P. Romulo who mentioned in his poem "I am a Filipino " that filipino is a race...

Are you saying that CARLOS P. ROMULO a distinguished FORMER SECRETARY GENERAL of the UNITED NATION, who walked besides General Mac Arthur is WRONG...

Isnt it insulting for leaders/presidents of different countries ,who previously chosen Carlos P. Romulo as US Secretary General, to know that they voted someone who did not know the definition of the word RACE?

HOW RELIABLE IS YOUR DATA? data taken from what/where???? Data from internet? Data from someone like you!!!! :angry:

Before you argue or insist on your point... STUDY THEM FIRST!!!

I have read about Carlos P. Romula. While I may not know him as well as you ... he is not a stranger to me. He was a distinguished politician and did lots of great things in his life. I am not insulting him.

My posts included links to the data. The source includes more information and links to even more resources. I humbly encourage you to re-read what I posted. You might find an acceptable answer to your dilemma.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
There will be lots of definitions to tackle,lots of discussions to argue about,BUT no matter what,filipinos or not,whether this or that race believed that they are the best wiFE of not,To EACH HIS OWN.And from my understanding,this site is for the couples who are waiting to be with each other and to help one another with this journey and not to attack Filipinas who by their own belief,they are the best wives.Anyways,they said that in the Philippine Forum,they did not go to other portals and bragged about that.This thread already reached 19 pages,been discussed about races and how they got into different countries,created lots of responses and made filipinas mad :) .I seldom post and read here,and if i'm not interested in one topic,i'd rather ignore it.For those people who are sick and tired with filipinas that are bragging about themselves,you can easily ignore them,just dont create thread after thread that attacks the filipinas,i tell you,they will not just sit and let you attack them,they will go on their way to fight and support one another.Anyways,just like what others have said before,we are entitled to our own opinion and this is what internet all about.so let's give the filipinas the priviledge of adoring themselves in phils forum if that'll make them happy :star:

oh before i forget,i can attest to that that filipinas are great wives because i'm married to one...yes,i am bragging because i have proof,my wife,and i believe that all the men here are married to the greatest and the bestest wife :thumbs:

Well said!!!

Funny how this conversation evolved...LOL.

The term Race is used as a form of ethnic self-identification." And to most people, race is simply about skin color. I mean, some fair skinned guy can go to a tanning salon and come out a Filipino for a day..never really thought about the "Filipino race" even if I have been filling it up on forms for the past few years. But now that its brought up front, I think I'm quite liking it It seems even better that Filipinos are on a race of our own..:):thumbs:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Timeline

Well said!!!

Sorry, I forgot! Happy Father's Day to you and to all fathers out there!!!

Well said!!!

Coming from you, I hope what you said will finally put an end to this issue here. Hoping. :star:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Timeline

Well said!!!

Coming from you, I hope what you said will finally put an end to this issue here. Hoping. :star:

Here's hoping also... :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
As per Filipino as a race:

1 and 2 - yes

3b - yes

3c - yes - we are on an island chain, thus we've effectively been "isolated" enough (with the exception of the past 100 years maybe) to have our own population.

5 - yes - we have our own history, language, cultural traits, etc.

OK, there you go...Therefore from those definitions I can conclude that Filipino qualifies as a race.

1 and 2 - The PI is also a huge melting pot. Lots of people from other cultures (ethnic identities). While there are some native (long term residents) there are also an lot of new entries into the culture (Japan, China, US, Spain, other Eur ancestory, etc) So how pure is the common decent/ heridity/ population? Granted in some areas probably common. In the population centers ... maybe not so. Maybe you can shed more light on this thought.

3b - physical characteristics? since there are many different cultures present in the PI ... is there a line drawn somewhere? Or does this mean that someone of spanish decent can't be of the PI "race" because they don't look enough like other parts of the population make-up?

3c - Island chain that has been through global wars, conquest, massive trading, etc. Consider that isolation in some areas may be so. The main population centers are less isolated and have been this way for lots of years.

5 - cultures, traits, etc have morphed with the influx of different cultures over the years. while it may have stabalized ... there are differences that can't be ignored.

These items listed above are also similiar to other countries that have a history of different peoples settling or visiting (influence or biological input). I'm not trying to be argumentative, only showing a different side of the issue.

There are many ethnic groups with differents and similarities between them in the PI ... just like other countries. The question is ... which ethnic group gets to be the PI "race"? And one this group is selected ... what happens to the others that have been there for generations ... yet just don't happen to quite meet the selected criteria.

Anyway ... just food for thought. It's a good discussion.

Thanks

If that's the case, how do you explain the Hispanic race? Since you are obviously making a thorough research on this? Hispanic includes people that are from various ethnic backgrounds as well. Caucasian, Negro, and Native American just to name a few.

The term Hispanics is used to describe the culture and people of countries formerly ruled by Spain. Hispanic people may be of any race.

As the PI were once heavily influenced by Spain ... does this make a person from the PI Hispanic too? Multi racial maybe? :unsure:

From one of the earlier reference links:

"'Race' is not being defined or used consistently; its referents are varied and shift depending on context. The term is often used colloquially to refer to a range of human groupings. Religious, cultural, social, national, ethnic, linguistic, genetic, geographical and anatomical groups have been and sometimes still are called 'races'".

Please remember ... race and ethnicity are not necessarily the same unless merged for political or other gain.

If that's the case, how do you explain the Hispanic race? Since you are obviously making a thorough research on this? Hispanic includes people that are from various ethnic backgrounds as well. Caucasian, Negro, and Native American just to name a few.

That's because "Hispanic" is not a race, but an ethnicity. I'm Caucasian (my race), but I'm also Hispanic (my ethnicity -- my father's mother's family were Basques living in Mexico, and his dad was from Spanish, German and native stock), as well as a bunch of other ethnic whitey stuff (Irish, Scottish, English, French Canadian and Belgian). I find all this ethnicity and racial stuff pretty bogus -- personally, I can't say it has made a whit of difference in making me who I am, making me better or worse than anyone else.

ETA: took me forever to post, and then I see Natty basically said the same thing. D'oh!

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
thanks all for your thoughts and the lively discussion ... time for me to hit the rack. night guys

Goodnight Natty!

Thank you for your thoughts. Though I hope next time you won't be too critical about the wordings and focus more on the idea. Look where it lead us...Hehehehe. All good though :).

Have a great day/night everyone!!! :) :) :)

thanks all for your thoughts and the lively discussion ... time for me to hit the rack. night guys

Goodnight Natty!

Thank you for your thoughts. Though I hope next time you won't be too critical about the wordings and focus more on the idea. Look where it lead us...Hehehehe. All good though :).

Have a great day/night everyone!!! :) :) :)

I agree. Natty is focused too much on the WORDINGS and not the ideas. A red flag for sure.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline
From one of the earlier reference links:

"'Race' is not being defined or used consistently; its referents are varied and shift depending on context. The term is often used colloquially to refer to a range of human groupings. Religious, cultural, social, national, ethnic, linguistic, genetic, geographical and anatomical groups have been and sometimes still are called 'races'".

Please remember ... race and ethnicity are not necessarily the same unless merged for political or other gain.

There you said it. :)

Anyways, again, thanks for the thoughts. And it's indeed an interesting and lively discussion.

Rheanick, thanks for the back-up. Go girl!!! :)

I believe that ManilaIdaho was already able to convey my point more effectively (thanks to him). I think it's time to rest my case.

I'm not the OP of this discussion but if I must say so, thanks for all the inputs. I also apologize if ever I offended anyone. It was never my intention to do so.

This time it's really good day/night everyone. Hehehe... :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.