domegirl1978

Can anyone tell me where I can find this?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys!

Does anyone know where the link is to the area where we are told we are encouraged to visit our significant others during the K-1 process?

I know I read another post about it somewhere but if someone can send me over to a govt. link where it might state something to that effect that would be great.

I figured I would print it out and bring with me with all my "ties to canada" info when I go to Florida next week just in case I get pulled into secondary and they make a stink about it. You never know with newbies in the customs area and how well versed they are about the visa stuff.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

never heard about being "encouraged to visit" during the process. usually more along the lines of being extra cautious and bringing ties to Canada with you

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Think you just need the appropriate info showing your ties and that you're obviously returning. you'll find most of us travelled back and forth without much takign place. A few have been pulled in for questioning - but as always the best policy is honesty. Flames sig will tell you that :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Hi guys!

Does anyone know where the link is to the area where we are told we are encouraged to visit our significant others during the K-1 process?

I know I read another post about it somewhere but if someone can send me over to a govt. link where it might state something to that effect that would be great.

I figured I would print it out and bring with me with all my "ties to canada" info when I go to Florida next week just in case I get pulled into secondary and they make a stink about it. You never know with newbies in the customs area and how well versed they are about the visa stuff.

I've never heard of this either. The only thing I think of when I see what you wrote is how in some forums, usually the K-1, and usually where beneficiary's are from other countries...like, other than the VWP countries, and Canada, that it's important to see them more than once.

There are lots of people who have difficulty at interview time in say Philippines, China, some MENA countries and have only seen their SO once. Perhaps during that one visit they became engaged, or married. Sometimes even Thailand.

Anyway, I've seen people posting that it's good to prove a bona fide relationship by showing more than one visit.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I cannot find this *&%#*# thread anywhere. UGH. I know i'm not crazy. Someone posted an answer to a visiting question and i could swear they had a link to something from an ageny or govt. website about this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sure you did---but I bet it had to do more with visiting PRIOR to the process starting!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Oh well. I've hunted everywhere for it and I must be missing it somehow when i go through the posts. No biggie.

I have loads of proof such as my bank statements, ING statements, letter from my employer, letter from my cell phone company stating i have a contract with them until january to be paid off and i'm bringing my NOA1, NOA2 and the I-129 and a copy of my packet 3 from the consulate. I also have a return ticket. So i should be ok, I hope.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh well. I've hunted everywhere for it and I must be missing it somehow when i go through the posts. No biggie.

I have loads of proof such as my bank statements, ING statements, letter from my employer, letter from my cell phone company stating i have a contract with them until january to be paid off and i'm bringing my NOA1, NOA2 and the I-129 and a copy of my packet 3 from the consulate. I also have a return ticket. So i should be ok, I hope.

Bank statements don't prove anything - as an example I still have a TD Canada trust account and i live in the US. Seriously- your return ticket, letter from employer and MAYBE the Packet 3 stuff showing you're going the honest route is MORE then enough. I know you're worried, but you have hoenst intentions of visiting and returning so you have nothing to hide.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

I thought bank statements proved that you were still putting money into the account from an employer every week therefore that was good backup evidence to go along with the letter from my employer.

I'm really more worried about them ransacking my luggage in secondary and then not being able to put it all back together again properly when they are done. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.