Arthur  Roberta

NOA 2 Approval To NVC Case Number

21 posts in this topic

We finally were advised of our NOA 2 Approval on the 8th of June and would be grateful if we could get some idea of the time from approval to NVC issuing a case number. As you are well aware until we receive a case number everything is again in limbo.

I would have thought that by now we should have a case number as it has been over a week since approval. Any input would be welcome.

Many Thanks

Arthur and Roberta

We finally were advised of our NOA 2 Approval on the 8th of June and would be grateful if we could get some idea of the time from approval to NVC issuing a case number. As you are well aware until we receive a case number everything is again in limbo.

I would have thought that by now we should have a case number as it has been over a week since approval. Any input would be welcome.

Many Thanks

Arthur and Roberta

you should have your case number within 2 weeks thats how long it took us....

waiting waiting and waiting!!!!!

Ours took 6 days. I wouldn't worry just yet. Also, try calling and speaking to an operator. Maybe yours is one of the fluke cases where the AVR never updates?

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations for the long waited approval :)

actually there is NO specific time for this ..it vary , but USUALLY it take 7-25 days to get a case number ..but in most cases (7-15 )days ....so hang on there and DONT worry ..u will get it ..keep calling NVC and talk to operators from time to another

Good Luck :)

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Thank you everyone for being so kind. I guess we are just anxious to get the show on the road so to speak. We shall call NVC nightly to see if they have received it. What a carry on this is, from one department to another which is the scary thing. Still we are very grateful to have come this far and just hope the rest of the process goes smoothly.

Again many thanks

Arthur and Roberta

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Our case was approved by USCIS on June 24. As of today the petitions still have not been received at NVC. The NVC office told me they cannot do anything until it has been 90 days past the USCIS approval. I waited 7 months+ for NOA-2. I have never seen anyone take so long to get the NVC case number. Does anyone know of my options to request information about the status of my case and what is causing the delay?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Many Thanks

Arthur and Roberta

Hi Arthur and Roberta, fortunately I have been having really nice people at NVC answer and for the most part they've been advising me to keep calling for updates and thats just what I do. Ive kept a telephone log on who I speak with, the time I called and what their response is. Our case was approved June 30th and we received our case number on July 15th. Ive beeen calling every 2 to 3 days. Right now its in additional processing. We are just gathering our paperwork for the Embassy to keep us occupied in the meantime. Don't worry one of the hardest parts is over which is the NOA1 to to NOA2. You will get there! Best of luck to you guys!

Steve and Tracey's Timeline

K-1 Visa

02-18-2009: I-129F Sent

02-24-2009: Confirmation from USPS I-129 received at VSC

02-26-2009: Hard copy of NOA1 received

06-30-2009: Received Email - CASE APPROVED!!!!

07-01-2009: Touched

07-03-2009: Hard copy of NOA2 received

07-10-2009: NVC received our case

07-15-2009: Touched for the 2nd time, called NVC gave us our case number!

Comments : The night that we got engaged 6-30-09 is the same date our I-129F was approved!!!!

Our case was approved by USCIS on June 24. As of today the petitions still have not been received at NVC. The NVC office told me they cannot do anything until it has been 90 days past the USCIS approval. I waited 7 months+ for NOA-2. I have never seen anyone take so long to get the NVC case number. Does anyone know of my options to request information about the status of my case and what is causing the delay?

We received our NOA2 approval July 1st and NVC just received our case!! We had to ask help from the congressman's office.. we were very lucky the girl at the congressman's office was very helpful... we just got our case number today hopefully the consulate will get it next week!!!

You may try contacting the congressman's office...

7b5542f085.png

event.png

Adjustment of Status:

Approval: 2010-02-16

Greencard Received: 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions:

1-07-12 Sent I-751 application to CSC

1-11-12 CSC received Application

1-13-12 check cashed

Filed: Timeline

We received our NOA2 approval July 1st and NVC just received our case!! We had to ask help from the congressman's office.. we were very lucky the girl at the congressman's office was very helpful... we just got our case number today hopefully the consulate will get it next week!!!

When did you ask for help? Did you find out why it took longer than usual?

We asked for help wednesday last week.. then the congressman's office asked us to send the privacy form thursday then early today we sent her the copy of the noa2... then this afternoon when we called nvc they told us they just got our case and gave us our new case number...

I didnt ask the congessman's office anymore the reason why it took more than 3 weeks to get to NVC...

7b5542f085.png

event.png

Adjustment of Status:

Approval: 2010-02-16

Greencard Received: 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions:

1-07-12 Sent I-751 application to CSC

1-11-12 CSC received Application

1-13-12 check cashed

Filed: Timeline

We asked for help wednesday last week.. then the congressman's office asked us to send the privacy form thursday then early today we sent her the copy of the noa2... then this afternoon when we called nvc they told us they just got our case and gave us our new case number...

I didnt ask the congessman's office anymore the reason why it took more than 3 weeks to get to NVC...

Hum... I wonder if it just took that long for them to receive the case... Or your congressman's office was super efficient on this. Congratulations! I wish luck for all of us!

Timeline

Hum... I wonder if it just took that long for them to receive the case... Or your congressman's office was super efficient on this. Congratulations! I wish luck for all of us!

Happy for you guys!

Timeline
I am at 5 weeks and pretty disgusted with the whole waiting system without being able to get any answers. NVC says it normally takes 2-4 weeks but to wait for 90 days before filing an inquiry into the status of your case.

I agree with you but what can we do. Ive been patient through the whole process but if I don't hear anything soon, I will be contacting my congressman. He is pretty good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.