7obino

Dear GOD! Can someone offer advice on Casablanca Consulate??

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Well after 1 1/2 years of waiting my Husband finally had his interview at the Consulate in Casablanca MOROCCO.

Everything went surprisingly great! The interview was short and sweet and they returned all our original documents, There was just one problem --- they are saying (FALSELY) that i do not make enough to be his sponsor! I make above 125%of poverty guidelines for 2009. I just got this job and included a written statement from my employer with my sallary and several earnings receipts from my pay checks.

They say the problem is that i did not make this much in previous years (Ummm helloooo, i was a student! As i already had written to them!) and i dont have taxes that show my sallary --- i just got the job January of this year and each check has taxes taken out so like, isnt this proof enough??

Is this LEGAL for them to say i do not earn enough!? Is this right!?

WELL.... anyhow! I didnt understand why that happened but since they required a joint-sponsor my dad (who is retired) filled out the forms and my husband brought them back to the consulate. My dad makes well above the amount required but pays taxes only on a portion because some is from social security, etc. His taxes list his total amount earned as well as the total amount he pays taxes on.

Thought the problem would be over.... When he returned the papers they told my husband they would get back to him in 48 hours.... WELL over 100 hours or so later they finally call and tell him that even my dad doesnt make enough!?????????????????????????

WHAT IS GOING ON!???

Has anyone else been in a situation like this!? Do i seriously need to find a 3rd sponsor when i make more than enough and my dad who is happy to be joint sponsor ALSO makes more than enough!??

I am so frustrated! And hoping someone else has some advice?

:crying:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0148ea9021.png

Filed: Timeline

Salam,

I totally understand your frustration, the process take forever the finish, but the more you think about the end, the more it taste sweet,

that s good about it. I m just trying to comfort you here, I m in the same situation even unemployed, but I m looking for co sponsor too.

what I can advise you to do is to find a sponsor that make at least in the tax return about 40K, in this situation they won t even discuss it

with you. I understand the decision of the consulat agent, remember it s all about CYA. in order for him or her to make that decision he has to see all paperwork. be patient and the result will be rewarding, no need for frustration. it won t help you think.

wish you good luck and lah issahal omor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Salam,

I totally understand your frustration, the process take forever the finish, but the more you think about the end, the more it taste sweet,

that s good about it. I m just trying to comfort you here, I m in the same situation even unemployed, but I m looking for co sponsor too.

what I can advise you to do is to find a sponsor that make at least in the tax return about 40K, in this situation they won t even discuss it

with you. I understand the decision of the consulat agent, remember it s all about CYA. in order for him or her to make that decision he has to see all paperwork. be patient and the result will be rewarding, no need for frustration. it won t help you think.

wish you good luck and lah issahal omor.

Lah irham waladin

Thank you for the response! I know there are so many of us in this situation and i think it just becomes that much more unnerving to be so close to what appears the end of the long long process -- then to have a road block like this that is based more on what someone at the consulate "believes" is enough money and not based on the actual US governement requirements! I think that's the thing that *really* gets me frustrated is that we have done everything they asked, paid all the fees, sent all the forms, make enough money, blah blah blah sooooo why do they have the federal poverty guidelines if they will still delay the process even when you absolutely meet the requirements? This does not seem right to me! I don't even know anyone that currently makes 40k a year and we are all doing alright for ourselves even so you know? Hamdulah!

We live a simple life and we don't need or want a lot -- just to live it in the same country together in the same home incha ALLAH!!

I wish you luck as well with the search for a sponsor! Patience is key... i have definitely learned better how to be patient, just sometimes it gets overwhelming as i'm sure you know too :crying: We just want to start LIVING our married life instead of talking about it over an ocean! You know!! InchaALLAH for all of us the process will go in the way it must -- and hoping its in a positive way and hoping it comes to fruition sooner than later! Amin!

0148ea9021.png

• 5 months later...
hi there , i know its an old thread but i hope ull come and tell your news !!

im in the same situation !

The problem here is they are not counting your father's non-taxable income or retirement/social security benefits! They have to count these - look at the I-864 rules under page 3 and page 7, item 23. Just because it's not taxable, it is still shown on his tax return on the 1040 Line 20A. I am having the same problem. Retirement income including social security is counted. I have been asking posters to help find the law regarding to social security benefits but have not received a response yet.

Don't let them push you around here, okay? I will keep looking for the law. In the meantime, a past poster had this problem as well. Her name was "Nutty".

Can anyone help us on the Social Security Retirement income issue? It is definitely not a "means tested benefit," or welfare. You pay social security taxes your entire life, it's a government retirement plan, just a socialized version.

Please help, anyone who has had this experience and resolved it, or who knows specific precedents regarding this. Waiting and hoping won't solve her problem - she needs answers and facts and practical, tangible advice.

There is always a way to be honest without being brutal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.