William33

K-1 / I-129F evidence of relationship

16 posts in this topic

Now that I have been fortunate enough to have received my RFE, and returned it, I am now second guessing my evidence. More delays would be very bad.

I sent numerous photos of us, appearing in several locations together, to include: Official U.S. Embassy functions, on vacation and others. The only other item I had was airline receipts.

I know that this would be enough for the Embassy, but will that be enough for USCIS?

Thoughts?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think you should be fine.

We sent 5 photos, plane ticket receipts and boaring passes, photocopy of my passport with my photo and stamps.

For the interview my fiance took lots of stuff, over 50 photos, emails dating back from Jan 2005, airplane boarding passes (originals), email confirmations from airlines, skype log printouts, phone card recharge receipts.

However, the consulate that we went through is very tough so we took as much as we could and they looked at all of it. GOod luck.

Remember, in the original petition you want to prove that you have met and in the interview you want to prove your ongoing relationship.

Sarah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yeah, you're good - you're second guessing the evidence of having met, right?. We sent a few pictures, a ticket and the visa showing he had visited me.

Edit: Oh, d'oh. Double posting. I'm kind of slow...

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
:) Just to echo what everyone else is saying....what you sent is was good..As another VJ member said, in your interview you want to come with more evidence such as letters, emails, etc to further prove that your relationship is real. ;)

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Hi William,

Only natural to be second-guessing yourself... what else are we supposed to do while we wait? :(

You've proven that you've met in the last 2 years, you're ok in that regard. I would consider accumulating a little more evidence as proof of ongoing relationship for your interview though... phone records, receipts for gifts, or everyday shopping trips (I save my WalMart receipts from Germany... he saved our concert stubs from his visit here....), stuff like that.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Thanks JenT, I appreciate that. I will look around for additional items to present to the Embassy.

By the way, Congrats on your RFE. May your NOA2 be right behind. :thumbs:

Hi William,

Only natural to be second-guessing yourself... what else are we supposed to do while we wait? :(

You've proven that you've met in the last 2 years, you're ok in that regard. I would consider accumulating a little more evidence as proof of ongoing relationship for your interview though... phone records, receipts for gifts, or everyday shopping trips (I save my WalMart receipts from Germany... he saved our concert stubs from his visit here....), stuff like that.

Jen

Edit for spelling - And I thought I was a good one on that!!!

Edited by William33

Thanks for noticing... I'm setting a long range vision for my NOA2... if I get it by February, I'll be happy. If it some sooner than that, I'll be ecstatic!!

The next stresser will be when people start receiving their 2's and some are left in the dust... won't be pretty. Already happening with some of the people who's cases were recalled. That makes no sense. They deserve to go first.

I've been keyboard challenged today.... just takes a weekend away to get lazy!

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi William,

I also went thru K1. In your timeline, you wrote that you met your fiancee in person in the year of 2002. And it means that it's been over 4 years you guys don't meet each other again. I don't know if you met her within the last two years, since this is the requirement of K1 visa. Upon my interview at the US Embassy, the officer didn't even want to look/touch the evidences of ongoing relationship or the like. They only took affidavit of supports, birth certificate or these kinds of legal stuff...but to be well prepared doesn't hurt though, as different people have different experiences. Good Luck.

What city does your fiancee live?

-Cherry

I-129 F / K-1 Visa in 2005:

Jan 10 : Received NOA 1 from VSC

Jan 27 : Received approval e-mail

Feb 5 : Received NVC letter

Feb 9 : Received NOA letter

Mar 7 : Received packet for visa interview

Apr 25 : Medical exam

Apr 26 : Screened documents and interview approved

May 13 : Picked up visa

Sep 11 : Went to the US

Oct .... : Got SSN in maiden name

Nov 13 : Wedding Day!

AOS in 2005 till 2006 :

Dec 12 : Sent AOS + EAD

Dec 22 : Received NOA1 letter

Dec 28 : Got touched

Feb .... : Received SSN in married name

Feb 18 : Received Bio letter of AOS + EAD

Feb 23 : Appointment of biometrics of AOS + EAD

The rest is a waiting game :)

Feb 25 : Got touched AOS + EAD

Mar 1 : Received an e-mail stating EAD card will be sent

Mar 2 : Received an e-mail stating an approval letter is already sent

Mar 4 : Received EAD card in the mail

May 24 : AOS Interview

July 14 : Touched (said that the decision took 120 days)

July 19 : InfoPass Appointment & Passport got stamped for GC. What a surprise!

July 20 : Got a welcome letter from USCIS and that GC card would be mailed soon. What a surprise!

July 25 : Got a GC in the mailbox. Wow...what a real relief! My status is now clear:)

Deal with USCIS again in April 2008

My bad, We actually lived together for three of those years, on two different continents. In any case, I have 13 months of visa in Indonesia. That should suffice.

Bandar Lampung.

Edit: for clarification.

Hi William,

I also went thru K1. In your timeline, you wrote that you met your fiancee in person in the year of 2002. And it means that it's been over 4 years you guys don't meet each other again. I don't know if you met her within the last two years, since this is the requirement of K1 visa. Upon my interview at the US Embassy, the officer didn't even want to look/touch the evidences of ongoing relationship or the like. They only took affidavit of supports, birth certificate or these kinds of legal stuff...but to be well prepared doesn't hurt though, as different people have different experiences. Good Luck.

What city does your fiancee live?

-Cherry

Edited by William33

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Then, there's nothing to worry about and nothing to ask:), since you Think is good.

I-129 F / K-1 Visa in 2005:

Jan 10 : Received NOA 1 from VSC

Jan 27 : Received approval e-mail

Feb 5 : Received NVC letter

Feb 9 : Received NOA letter

Mar 7 : Received packet for visa interview

Apr 25 : Medical exam

Apr 26 : Screened documents and interview approved

May 13 : Picked up visa

Sep 11 : Went to the US

Oct .... : Got SSN in maiden name

Nov 13 : Wedding Day!

AOS in 2005 till 2006 :

Dec 12 : Sent AOS + EAD

Dec 22 : Received NOA1 letter

Dec 28 : Got touched

Feb .... : Received SSN in married name

Feb 18 : Received Bio letter of AOS + EAD

Feb 23 : Appointment of biometrics of AOS + EAD

The rest is a waiting game :)

Feb 25 : Got touched AOS + EAD

Mar 1 : Received an e-mail stating EAD card will be sent

Mar 2 : Received an e-mail stating an approval letter is already sent

Mar 4 : Received EAD card in the mail

May 24 : AOS Interview

July 14 : Touched (said that the decision took 120 days)

July 19 : InfoPass Appointment & Passport got stamped for GC. What a surprise!

July 20 : Got a welcome letter from USCIS and that GC card would be mailed soon. What a surprise!

July 25 : Got a GC in the mailbox. Wow...what a real relief! My status is now clear:)

Deal with USCIS again in April 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You dont want to think min.

You want to do max.

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

Huh? What are you talking about? You too Rosyanne, what are you Saying?

I love it when people surface from the deep and offer zero substance to this forum. Get with the program, won't you?

Are you a troll? Can you contribute to the greater good?

Until an adjudicator looks at your evidence when your petition is processed there is no way to say if what you have supplied will be accepted or not as proof of having met within the past 2 years. I have seen some that have submitted similar to what you have and beeb approved.....and some that have submitted similiar and have been sent an RFE for more evidence.

Photos are a tricky thing as some have received RFE's clearly stating that photos do not prove that one has met. They are looked on as secondary evidence in support of primary evidence such as passport stamps, boarding passes, rental receipts (if have lived together) etc. Evidence should create an entire picture in the minds eye of an adjudicator and each adjudicator is going to see evidence differently...hence why some will get an RFE and others dont.

Its normal to second guess but try to relax about it and see what happens. If you get an RFE you will just need to supply the further evidence. I know thats not what you want, no one does, but little one can do about it.

All the best

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Until an adjudicator looks at your evidence when your petition is processed there is no way to say if what you have supplied will be accepted or not as proof of having met within the past 2 years. I have seen some that have submitted similar to what you have and beeb approved.....and some that have submitted similiar and have been sent an RFE for more evidence.

Photos are a tricky thing as some have received RFE's clearly stating that photos do not prove that one has met. They are looked on as secondary evidence in support of primary evidence such as passport stamps, boarding passes, rental receipts (if have lived together) etc. Evidence should create an entire picture in the minds eye of an adjudicator and each adjudicator is going to see evidence differently...hence why some will get an RFE and others dont.

Its normal to second guess but try to relax about it and see what happens. If you get an RFE you will just need to supply the further evidence. I know thats not what you want, no one does, but little one can do about it.

All the best

Lorelle

Im confused. And yes i have read the guidelines for he 129f, but people are doing /saying different things. Do you need to send evidence of a relationship with the 129f or not. Somebody told me to only send what they ask for, marriage cert. english and translation with the translators signed papers saying that the translation is authentic and that they have the right to translate, plus the obvious stuff, g-325a, my birth certificate......

CAN I GET THE HOOK UP??

All the best

Lorelle

Im confused. And yes i have read the guidelines for he 129f, but people are doing /saying different things. Do you need to send evidence of a relationship with the 129f or not. Somebody told me to only send what they ask for, marriage cert. english and translation with the translators signed papers saying that the translation is authentic and that they have the right to translate, plus the obvious stuff, g-325a, my birth certificate......

CAN I GET THE HOOK UP??

SORRY THAT SHOULDA BEEN FOR K-3. THATS THE ONE I AM APPYING FOR!!!

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.