Matt & Jovy

Filipino foods that my Kano fiance doesnt like

169 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
anyone here like tofu? hubby was a vegetarian before I got here but changed since I can't eat without meat, he encouraged me to lessen the meat and use tofu instead as a sub for meat but I just can't do it. Though he has no complain with any filipino food but encourage me to lessen the meat. Even our pizza and burger are veggies.

hi, I like tofu , fried dipped in vinegar ; it is very healthy ; my hubby isnt a vegetarian but he eats healthy foods , no to fats and high cholesterol foods , less carbs , more protein thing ; I do agree with him ,as I used to go to the gym and my nutritionist told me that it is ok to eat , but watch what you eat .

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
anyone here like tofu? hubby was a vegetarian before I got here but changed since I can't eat without meat, he encouraged me to lessen the meat and use tofu instead as a sub for meat but I just can't do it. Though he has no complain with any filipino food but encourage me to lessen the meat. Even our pizza and burger are veggies.

hi, I like tofu , fried dipped in vinegar ; it is very healthy ; my hubby isnt a vegetarian but he eats healthy foods , no to fats and high cholesterol foods , less carbs , more protein thing ; I do agree with him ,as I used to go to the gym and my nutritionist told me that it is ok to eat , but watch what you eat .

I should try that one! easy and simple maybe I'll like it coz love foods that I can dip in vinegar.....Im trying to eat healthy too but sometimes sarap talaga ng lechon kawali, sinigang na baboy and dried fish....

nope hubby doesnt eat nilagang saging sis :blush: he likes beefsteak tagalog and grilled tuna.

Ayaw ni mister nang kahit na anong klaseng isda.Maliit man o malaki..pero gustong gusto nya nang prawns...lalo na yung luto kong prawn with curry and yoghurt.. :star:

hello everybody! ang sarap naman ng usapan dito nakakgutom! :lol: ate toni, i love prawn/shrimp, ganun din ang asawa ko kaya lang he doesnt like it kapag magbabalat pa siya coz it takes time for him :lol: so ang giagawa ko ipinagbabalat ko muna siya before i start eating.. :lol: . ate, shrimp with curry and yogurt? wow! sounds good! may i have the recipe pls? hehe..i wanna try it today so when my husband get here i can make it for him..hehe

Binabalatan ko na bago ko pa sya iluto...ang prawns kasi ay may dumi sa likod kung napapansin mo..at heto ang method nang pagluto nang prawns/shrimp...at least my method;)

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon sunflower oil

1 onion,chopped

1 clove garlic,crushed

2 tablespoons indian curry paste,eg madras

230g/ 7 1/2oz tin of tomatoes

340g/ 12 oz. raw prawns,peeled and deveined

5 tablespoons greek yoghurt

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

To serve:Rice,Chopped coriander

Method

1)Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a low heat for ten minutes,or until nearly soft.

2)Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for a further 30 seconds.Add the tomatoes,bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.

3)Add the prawns and simmer for a further 3 minutes or until cooked.

4)Stir in the greek yoghurt and coriander and then serve immidiately with rice.

hi ate toni, i just read your reply coz i just got back home from LBC (mailed out my DS-230) and market. i bought some prawns and im excited to try this one. hehe..thank you ate for the recipe..

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

nope hubby doesnt eat nilagang saging sis :blush: he likes beefsteak tagalog and grilled tuna.

Ayaw ni mister nang kahit na anong klaseng isda.Maliit man o malaki..pero gustong gusto nya nang prawns...lalo na yung luto kong prawn with curry and yoghurt.. :star:

hello everybody! ang sarap naman ng usapan dito nakakgutom! :lol: ate toni, i love prawn/shrimp, ganun din ang asawa ko kaya lang he doesnt like it kapag magbabalat pa siya coz it takes time for him :lol: so ang giagawa ko ipinagbabalat ko muna siya before i start eating.. :lol: . ate, shrimp with curry and yogurt? wow! sounds good! may i have the recipe pls? hehe..i wanna try it today so when my husband get here i can make it for him..hehe

Binabalatan ko na bago ko pa sya iluto...ang prawns kasi ay may dumi sa likod kung napapansin mo..at heto ang method nang pagluto nang prawns/shrimp...at least my method;)

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon sunflower oil

1 onion,chopped

1 clove garlic,crushed

2 tablespoons indian curry paste,eg madras

230g/ 7 1/2oz tin of tomatoes

340g/ 12 oz. raw prawns,peeled and deveined

5 tablespoons greek yoghurt

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

To serve:Rice,Chopped coriander

Method

1)Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a low heat for ten minutes,or until nearly soft.

2)Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for a further 30 seconds.Add the tomatoes,bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.

3)Add the prawns and simmer for a further 3 minutes or until cooked.

4)Stir in the greek yoghurt and coriander and then serve immidiately with rice.

ay! ang sarap!!! pero di to magugustuhan ng hubby ko.. may curry.. ayaw nya ng maanghang kahit curry lang.

ay! ang sarap!!! pero di to magugustuhan ng hubby ko.. may curry.. ayaw nya ng maanghang kahit curry lang.

May curry na hindi maanghang,hanap ka sa mga indian store pagdating mo sa US....:)

At pwede mong i sweet and sour na lang,igisa mo sa maraming bawang,alam ko kilala mo yang luto na yan...:)

Edited by maritoni

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Basta ako, I am proud of my Filipino heritage and I don't care whether Philippines is a 3rd world country or some people thinks that some of Filipino foods are considered pet food. :P:star:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: I agree!!

snxcq70j3.png

It's a deal MJ! All you need for kinilaw na tuna is vinegar, onions, ginger, bits of radish or cucumbers, salt or soy sauce and, of course, fresh diced tuna meat.

Ty Ate Tessa,okey for pinakbet ingredients :Talong na maliliit,Okra,Ampalaya na native,sili na mahaba,camote,camatis,konting luya,bawang,sibuyas,at siyempre bagoong,konting tubig,pagsamasamahin sa banga,pakuluan lang nang ilang minuto at siyempre bago mo iserve lagyan nang umami (vetsin)...serve with pritong isda and rice.. :)

Camote? Camote leaves o camote roots mismo? Also, the pinakbet that we had at Azul had green beans and squash in it. Thanks MJ.

haha sorry po camote roots:))ayos po lahat yan ilagay,huag lang mga Talbos ate,kahit nga buto nang patani puede..:)

Wala ako talbos ng camote makita dito. Spinach na lang. Close, but no dice! :star:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

It's a deal MJ! All you need for kinilaw na tuna is vinegar, onions, ginger, bits of radish or cucumbers, salt or soy sauce and, of course, fresh diced tuna meat.

Ty Ate Tessa,okey for pinakbet ingredients :Talong na maliliit,Okra,Ampalaya na native,sili na mahaba,camote,camatis,konting luya,bawang,sibuyas,at siyempre bagoong,konting tubig,pagsamasamahin sa banga,pakuluan lang nang ilang minuto at siyempre bago mo iserve lagyan nang umami (vetsin)...serve with pritong isda and rice.. :)

Camote? Camote leaves o camote roots mismo? Also, the pinakbet that we had at Azul had green beans and squash in it. Thanks MJ.

haha sorry po camote roots:))ayos po lahat yan ilagay,huag lang mga Talbos ate,kahit nga buto nang patani puede.. :)

Wala ako talbos ng camote makita dito. Spinach na lang. Close, but no dice! :star:

Ngem adda bagas ti Camote Marie?masarap din ang spinach.lagyan mo nang mashed potatoe:)tapos ibake mo ..

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

haha sorry po camote roots:))ayos po lahat yan ilagay,huag lang mga Talbos ate,kahit nga buto nang patani puede.. :)

Ngem adda bagas ti Camote Marie?masarap din ang spinach.lagyan mo nang mashed potatoe:)tapos ibake mo ..

sarap yan talbos at bagoong yumyum!!!!

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

OO madami dito camote Yum tawag nila. Mas masarap pa rin yung bagas ng camote sa Pinas. Ang hahaba dito at payat. Hindi mataba :star: Everytime Thanskgiving celebration nila, nagluluto ako ng yum na minatamis. Naimas ngamen.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

OO madami dito camote Yum tawag nila. Mas masarap pa rin yung bagas ng camote sa Pinas. Ang hahaba dito at payat. Hindi mataba :star: Everytime Thanskgiving celebration nila, nagluluto ako ng yum na minatamis. Naimas ngamen.

Kulayam laeng a ket Panglaok ti halo-halon Maria:))favorite ni Antonyo..no adda bagas ti camote dita a ket makaraos latta ngarud ti pinoy ah..:)

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Fish with bones, dried fish, salted fish, egg plants, bitter melon or ampalaya, those are :no::no::no: for him.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think im very much flexible..

Thats why i gave him 2 choices: TO EAT OR NOT =)) :rofl:

But thankfully, he is my best critic.. i can cook anything he wanted just the way i like em..:D

i dont care for balut as well so ok lang kami dun..

he loves sinigang, adobo, curry, straganoff ala pinoy style, pinakbet, pancit itlog na pugo.. basta sabi ko nga basta ako naghain wala siya choice kundi umain../:D

lunch we only get sandwhices, pero siyempre hindi ako pedi sa ganun .. I get RICE WITHDRAWAL HEHEEH adik ba?

so nakain narin ako ngayun ng salad salad.. hula hula lang..:D

😁

so far di ko pa alam anong hindi gusto ng hubby ko kasi when i cook he eat it naman. first time kong linuto dito sa US ay malunggay with chicken strip. sabi nang mama niya parang spinach daw ang lasa then next is fried fish. si hubby kain ng kain but mama niya hindi man lang tumikim kasi natakot sa fish kasi malaki daw ang mata :D sabi pa niya sa may tumawag, im trying to turn them into oriental daw :rofl: :rofl:

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

sabi ng asawa ko simula ng kinasal siya saakin nag gain sya ng 30lbs...sa tingin ko naman lahat ng niluluto ko kinakain niya upzz ayaw niya ng balot, ng isnag araw may kinausap kami para umorder ng ulo ng baboy namimis na daw nya kasi ang sisig well not sure kung ulo nga ng baboy ang gamit sa sisig and wish ko lang lumutong sya sa oven :unsure: kapag niluto ko duon to make sisig :star:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.