borednad2

confused

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok im a bit confused here..i read differenet posts/replies about the seminar.are there 2 seminars?one from cfo and one from poea which is pdos?are u not suppose to have seminar on d same building?ie cfo building?what are the stages exactly on how to obtain that sticker.anyone please?but can u be more specific?

ok im a bit confused here..i read differenet posts/replies about the seminar.are there 2 seminars?one from cfo and one from poea which is pdos?are u not suppose to have seminar on d same building?ie cfo building?what are the stages exactly on how to obtain that sticker.anyone please?but can u be more specific?

There is only one seminar that you have to attend for spousal/K1 visa. Google and read the CFO website, you will find all the information there.

You can either attend at St. Mary's,QC or PRISM, Taft.

Goodluck.

~Chinook

I have answered the same question at the other thread...PDOS stands for PRE-Departure Orientation seminar..and PDOS and CFO Are the same thing for more information read here Link

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Maybe you read the Cebu CFO seminar that's why you are confused. In cebu, you have to attend the CFO seminar/counseling at Saint Mary's first which is located infront of San Carlos Boys High. After which you need to get the sticker at CFO office beside DFA Building.

In Manila I think, you dont need to go to another building because they give you the sticker at Saint Mary's as well.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

mike & lucy, hi...

still some confusion about the CEBU CFO procedures... hope you will kindly clarify for us, pls

WHICH building is the applicant to report to FIRST (where she will appear @ +/- 6am, to guarantee a decent spot in the line)

the CFO site is VAGUE, at best, and offers misinformation, at worse! :(

we DO understand that the guidance counseling is at St Marys on Rahmann St + Gen. Maxilom Avenue (a.k.a. Mango Ave), and ALSO understand that if a sticker is desired on the same day (not, in our case), that a visit to the DFA is necessary, near the CFO location.

but, some people are saying go to St. Marys FIRST to get onto the security guards wait list, there... while OTHERS are saying to report to the CFO office, first...

can you please briefly explain the REAL procedure of WHERE to report FIRST, so that Mari is not sitting in the dark at 5:30am, waiting for a line that is not even forming :( ?

THANKS in advance

Ron & Mari

Edited by Marronarica

Jesus, We are still discussing this silly topic.

Been one of the most asked and answered question in this forum for the last few years

Here is a hint, It's called Google.

Google it and find out the answer for your own and you don't have to rely on others..........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Jesus, We are still discussing this silly topic.

Been one of the most asked and answered question in this forum for the last few years

Here is a hint, It's called Google.

Google it and find out the answer for your own and you don't have to rely on others..........

Every topic on VJ is repeated over and over. I'm sure you never got any help from others on VJ :whistle:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

She needs to go to Saint Mary building first. Be there before 8 am. The seminar will be whole day, film showing in the morning and one on one talk in the afternoon. The earlier you will go there in the morning, the earlier you will have the one on one talk. After that talk, you need to go to CFO office beside DFA for the sticker.

mike & lucy, hi...

still some confusion about the CEBU CFO procedures... hope you will kindly clarify for us, pls

WHICH building is the applicant to report to FIRST (where she will appear @ +/- 6am, to guarantee a decent spot in the line)

we DO understand that the guidance counseling is at St Marys on Rahmann St + Gen. Maxilom Avenue (a.k.a. Mango Ave), and ALSO understand that if a sticker is desired on the same day (not, in our case), that a visit to the DFA is necessary, near the CFO location.

but, some people are saying go to St. Marys FIRST to get onto the security guards wait list, there... while OTHERS are saying to report to the CFO office, first...

can you please briefly explain the REAL procedure of WHERE to report FIRST, so that Mari is not sitting in the dark at 5:30am, waiting for a line that is not even forming :( ?

THANKS in advance

Ron & Mari

Visit My Website

Am just thankful my wife figured it all out herself. It is as if it were an easy thing to figure out, to her. I was thoroughly confused when I tried to figure it out for her. But she already knew what to do, thank goodness.

I married a gem

Gonna have to disagree with your statement.

We did the Interview at USEM, and was done by 11 am. We got a Taxi, went to CFO at St. Marys and by fiance completed it the same day.

She needs to go to Saint Mary building first. Be there before 8 am. The seminar will be whole day, film showing in the morning and one on one talk in the afternoon. The earlier you will go there in the morning, the earlier you will have the one on one talk. After that talk, you need to go to CFO office beside DFA for the sticker.

mike & lucy, hi...

THANKS in advance

Ron & Mari

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Am just thankful my wife figured it all out herself. It is as if it were an easy thing to figure out, to her. I was thoroughly confused when I tried to figure it out for her. But she already knew what to do, thank goodness.

I married a gem

I remember your old posts.

Your were having many issues with your wife coming to USA, She was trying to negotiate more money from you in order for her to quit her job and come to USA, She wanted you to make monthly payments to her family since she was coming to USA and not working anymore.

Question is, How much money is she making you send back to her family each month?

PDOS is a seminar given to Filipinos leaving our country. It has two types. One conducted by POEA for OFWs and another by CFO for fiancees/spousals.

am not sure about ur location but both of these 2 seminars are being administered at St. Mary, Quezon City. You only have to attend one seminar. its either the OFW or spousal/fiancee seminar.

No pre-regisration needed. just walk in in the morning or afternoon. at the most at 8-9am and ur good to go. there is no long queu.

Based on my experience, i arrived there at past 10am and video session was almost done for 10am schedule so they sent me right away to the counselling stage (one on one) and made to attend the video stage later at 11 am. that was it. filled out forms and by that time it was already lunchbreak so i waited for 1:30pm to get my sticker within the campus. non-seminar attendees are made to wait outside lounge. (nice covered waiting area)

just a lil over 3 hrs of stay at CFO campus. very easy.

pls be reminded, am talking about here CFO at St. Mary,QC. (opposite of PSBA)

best of luck and be ready for the on the spot picture at the reception area.

tips: have 3 copies ready for your passport and visa. (it cost php 3.00/page inside CFO)

hope it helps :thumbs:

K1 Visa

01-31-2009 I-129F to USCIS-CSC

02-19-2009 NOA1

03-24-2009 NOA2

06-21-2009 Medical(The Polyclinic, Dubai UAE)

06-28-2009 Interview @ USE AD (approved)

07-01-2009 Visa ready for pick up @ USE AD

07-07-2009 went to pick up my visa (ready 2 fly)

=

09-11-2009 POE-SFO(no questions asked,just a reminder 2 get marry within 90 days)

=

09-28-2009 applied for SSN at Sac., Ca(no hassle)

10-05-2009 received SSN card on mail

11-04-2009 applied for marriage license @ Sacramento County, Ca

11-18-2009 married (marriage certificate on hand-same day)

11-25-2009 I-693 signed by CS(MMR-$70, Vericella-$70, I-693 Form- $15)

=

12-23-2009 mailed AOS to USCIS, Chicago Lockbox (FedEx)

12-28-2009 recvd by USCIS

01-04-2010 check cashed by USCIS

01-08-2010 received NOA1 (I-797C) for I-485, I-765 and I-131

01-11-2010 recvd ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics

01-25-2010 Biometrics Appointment- West Sac, CA

**alls well @ Biometrics-less than 20 mins.

03-04-2010 recvd notice for AOS interview date

03-04-2010 EAD card production ordered (online notice)

03-08-2010 AP (I-512L) approved-recvd in mail (dated 3/2/10)

03-11-2010 EAD recvd on mail

04-06-2010 AOS interview, APPROVED! Bye USCIS til 2012- Sac, CA

04-15-2010 GC Welcome letter received fr mail

04-16-2010 GC recvd on the mail (Yiihaa!!!)

=

03-08-2012 ROC I-751 mailed to CSC via USPS Priority Mail

03-12-2012 ROC recvd by CSC

03-12-2012 NOA1 (revd on mail 03/19/12)

03-15-2012 ROC check cashed

"Thank you to God and to VJ"

Ride a taxi from USEM Manila to Saint Mary cebu? You are wrong. We were not talking about CFO Manila genius.

Gonna have to disagree with your statement.

We did the Interview at USEM, and was done by 11 am. We got a Taxi, went to CFO at St. Marys and by fiance completed it the same day.

mike & lucy, hi...

THANKS in advance

Ron & Mari

Visit My Website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.