cara99

Nightmare !

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi All,

My interview was due to take place on the 22nd of this month in Dublin. Unfortunately my eldest Son is very ill in hospital

and I hoped someone here might be able to tell me if it's possible to to put the interview off for another 6 months or so , as my son will need at least that amount of time to get well. I appreciate any help anyone has on this as time is fast running out.

Sorry to hear about your son...

Before deciding to put off the interview it is worth mentioning that after the interview and once the visa is issued, you have 6-months to actually use the visa before it expires. If that helps at all.

Otherwise I believe the interview can be rescheduled but am not sure how the embassy will react to a request to push it back half a year though.

... after the interview and once the visa is issued, you have 6-months to actually use the visa before it expires...
Huh? 6 months? I think you meant 90 days.

Nope - 6 months to use the visa (come to the US) then the 90-day clock starts (to get married). :thumbs:

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
... after the interview and once the visa is issued, you have 6-months to actually use the visa before it expires...
Huh? 6 months to use the visa?
6 months to use the visa (come to the US) then the 90-day clock starts (to get married). :thumbs:

Got what you meant now. :thumbs:

moving right along

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Hi All,

My interview was due to take place on the 22nd of this month in Dublin. Unfortunately my eldest Son is very ill in hospital

and I hoped someone here might be able to tell me if it's possible to to put the interview off for another 6 months or so , as my son will need at least that amount of time to get well. I appreciate any help anyone has on this as time is fast running out.

To get the maximum amount of extension time, you could ask them to push back your interview a month or two, and then wait the 6 months til the end of your visa window. That'll give you 7 or 8 months instead of 6.

K-1

9-5-08 Sent I-129F via FedEx

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

7-27-09 TRANSFERRED TO CSC

8-29-09 EAD card production ordered/AP Notice Approved

11-9-09 Green Card production ordered

11-19-09 Green Card arrived!

Nov. 2010 Vacation Ireland!

11-9-11 Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Considering the circumstances, I'd say the embassy will re-schedule without too much hassle, the Dublin embassy staff are very nice. You may need to get your USC fiance to ring them though, and be prepared to provide a doctor's cert.

Hope your son gets better soon.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

write them the situation, if you were here they would let you travel back to the homeland to be with him. Its Ireland one of our main notherlands. best wishes for his improved health. God bless

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Before deciding to put off the interview it is worth mentioning that after the interview and once the visa is issued, you have 6-months to actually use the visa before it expires. If that helps at all.

Otherwise I believe the interview can be rescheduled but am not sure how the embassy will react to a request to push it back half a year though.

You have one year to do your interview once you are approved to do so. Be sure to sift out good vs bad advice on these boards. :dance:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'd call them and explain the situation, that way you can work out the best timeline for your interview, based on what they say. It is also true that after the interview you have 6 months to use the visa.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You have one year to do your interview once you are approved to do so. Be sure to sift out good vs bad advice on these boards. :dance:

The above statement is absolutely wrong. I-129F petition approvals expire four months after the approval date. However, Consular officers may extend the validity in four-month increments at their discretion.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi All,

Hope your son gets well

It is the consulate disgression, but 4 month extensions are pretty routine, add to that what Karin & Otto mentioned...the visa is good for 6 months after issuance, and a 4 month extension buys you up to 10 months before entering the USA.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the help & advice ,

I will ring the Embassy in the morning and see what happens, hopefully they will cut me some slack.

This forum really is a godsend in a crisis when info is needed quick, pushbrk, Gary and Alla :thumbs: and thanks to all who wished my son well.

The above statement is absolutely wrong. I-129F petition approvals expire four months after the approval date. However, Consular officers may extend the validity in four-month increments at their discretion.

Your statement is double wrong. The USEM in Manila allows to have a visa interview scheduled up to one year after you get your MNL #. Go ahead and call them. It costs $18.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.