• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

to say the least....

Well honestly I had a lot more to say about it but I bit my tongue.. er fingers

Yeah me too I'm trying as hard as I can

I think someone may have forgotten to take her meds today :yes: - of all the rudeness.... bitter, bitter, bitter!

;)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Timeline

its BS.. everyone knows if you get DENIED. you get a LETTER from the Consulate. with 212 NOID/NOIR. you guys belive this mess because, you are so used to seeing you take it for gospel. its not.

You get field investigations During AR/AP. DUH!

secondly, if you are DENIED. it dont take 2 days to clear it up.

the CO is not as wishy washy to say its denied - no we are kidding

come on wake up and read this along with her other BS postings.

shon.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't think anyone here feels the need to prove that she is lying. Why would she even lie about that? We're just telling her we're sorry and hope she can get things straightened out. I really do not see any reason to be so against her... or what happened to her. I honestly don't know what to say about this or why you take it upon yourself to be flat out mean and rude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I don't think anyone here feels the need to prove that she is lying. Why would she even lie about that? We're just telling her we're sorry and hope she can get things straightened out. I really do not see any reason to be so against her... or what happened to her. I honestly don't know what to say about this or why you take it upon yourself to be flat out mean and rude.

Seems that is what many people are good at lately which is so wrong. Heck, I'm afraid to even ask questions on this board out in the open, I stick with my Middle East girls. :thumbs:

8-7-06 Visa received after 6 months of AR

9-1-06 AOS sent

9-20-06 Biometrics

3-5-07 AOS Approved

its BS.. everyone knows if you get DENIED. you get a LETTER from the Consulate. with 212 NOID/NOIR. you guys belive this mess because, you are so used to seeing you take it for gospel. its not.

What is your problem?

Everyone knows if you get denied you get a letter 221g???? REALLY?? You have no idea what you are talking about. Our case was denied and returned without a word. A week later they sent us an email in reply to an inquiry (we had sent many) with some vague comments. No 221g, no reason, no nothing. It took over a month to find out what was going on with the help of my congressman.

Bottomline, the embassy can do whatever the hell they want to do. Follow the law, NOT follow the law. Whatever they feel like that day and you can do NOTHING about it, if they don't want you to.

I am glad your case seems to have followed procedure as you have come to understand it so that you have no idea how bad and ugly it can get. Ignorance is bliss in this case.

But don't sling arrows at innocent people who have already been through hell for no reason.

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

I've fallen victim to reactivity too many times on this board, and I'm not doing it again. I want to say level-headedly and calmly that these threads DO have the potential to remain beneficial to all those entering into and moving through this grueling process. However, the controversy is HUGE turn-off. I have gotten to the point where I almost always find myself hesitant to post ANYTHING but my daily drivel because of situations like this.

I remember many times even before I started this process that I was overwhelmed and confused. I'm not a lawyer, I never studied immigration law, I just followed the instructions and sent the paper, and did do some reading, ok a lot of reading, but until you're standing in it knee deep, it doesn't always make much sense. When Mohammed read his 221g to me I was devastated and extremely confused. You can go back and search that thread and see where I was flat out lost. Remember Mohammed went to the stupid consulate 3 TIMES for his "interview"? The first time he forgot his receipt, the second time the stupid woman behind the counter told him he was finished and would get his visa in 2 weeks and sent him home, the 3rd time he actually got an intervew. I don't think this is exactly "protocol" either. Also, the beneficiaries in the ME/NA are for the most part not familiar with American style bureaucracy. They have never had to deal with it. It's terribly confusing. Toss in a bit of a language barrier trying to relay heavily bureaucratic information back and forth between petitioner and beneficiary tempered with the high emotion and stress via lousy phone lines or internet connections... PEOPLE GET CONFUSED.

Facts are this... people come here for information and support. Such personal judgements, in my opinion. do not belong here. I think we need to start a "I feel b*tchy" thread and go there specifically for the purpose of raging and flaming about things we see on other posts and leave it THERE, not in a place where people are seeking information.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by just_waiting

:thumbs: just waiting

I want to add that it doesn't matter if she's lying. If she's lying have any of us lost anything because of it? NO. But what if she's not? Now she's upset about her visa AND about being reamed on a public board. Chill out and think aobut how your words may hurt before you start spouting off all the "clues" that led you to believe she's lying.

Another thing.... the embassy in Tunis is very different from other embassies so you don't really know what they do there. For example, I've actually been posting about this on another thread but it's relevant here, I just got off a VERY confusing phone call with the embassy in Tunis in which I was told that an affidavit of support is NOT required for K-1 visas so we don't need to worry about it, that NO proof of relationship is needed because they already have that and that form DS-2001 (which the instructions say is VERY important and the interview won't be scheduled without it) isn't important and can be filled out after the interview is set up, so I can understand fully about being confused today!! :blink:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We need to hear from spokaneblueyes again. She hasn't posted in either forum again.

Are you there spokaneblueyes?

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I've fallen victim to reactivity too many times on this board, and I'm not doing it again. I want to say level-headedly and calmly that these threads DO have the potential to remain beneficial to all those entering into and moving through this grueling process. However, the controversy is HUGE turn-off. I have gotten to the point where I almost always find myself hesitant to post ANYTHING but my daily drivel because of situations like this.

I remember many times even before I started this process that I was overwhelmed and confused. I'm not a lawyer, I never studied immigration law, I just followed the instructions and sent the paper, and did do some reading, ok a lot of reading, but until you're standing in it knee deep, it doesn't always make much sense. When Mohammed read his 221g to me I was devastated and extremely confused. You can go back and search that thread and see where I was flat out lost. Remember Mohammed went to the stupid consulate 3 TIMES for his "interview"? The first time he forgot his receipt, the second time the stupid woman behind the counter told him he was finished and would get his visa in 2 weeks and sent him home, the 3rd time he actually got an intervew. I don't think this is exactly "protocol" either. Also, the beneficiaries in the ME/NA are for the most part not familiar with American style bureaucracy. They have never had to deal with it. It's terribly confusing. Toss in a bit of a language barrier trying to relay heavily bureaucratic information back and forth between petitioner and beneficiary tempered with the high emotion and stress via lousy phone lines or internet connections... PEOPLE GET CONFUSED.

Facts are this... people come here for information and support. Such personal judgements, in my opinion. do not belong here. I think we need to start a "I feel b*tchy" thread and go there specifically for the purpose of raging and flaming about things we see on other posts and leave it THERE, not in a place where people are seeking information.

Just my 2 cents.

i am sorry that you are having such a tough time .. i will keep you in my prayers.. good luck to you and your fiance

well if she is lying so be it .. i really dont care ... shes the one who has to deal with it :thumbs:

Edited by samir_shannon

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

What is your problem?

Everyone knows if you get denied you get a letter 221g???? REALLY?? You have no idea what you are talking about. Our case was denied and returned without a word. A week later they sent us an email in reply to an inquiry (we had sent many) with some vague comments. No 221g, no reason, no nothing. It took over a month to find out what was going on with the help of my congressman.

Bottomline, the embassy can do whatever the hell they want to do. Follow the law, NOT follow the law. Whatever they feel like that day and you can do NOTHING about it, if they don't want you to.

I am glad your case seems to have followed procedure as you have come to understand it so that you have no idea how bad and ugly it can get. Ignorance is bliss in this case.

But don't sling arrows at innocent people who have already been through hell for no reason.

It didnt happen! try reading her postings and stop being attached to a PERSONA ID.

you are so close to the situation you belive this BS. if a person is deneid. it wont happen like how she

is saying. how many of you DENEID people got it resolved in 2 days.

and how many DENIED people were able to get a field invesigation in those same 2 days . think hard before you speak!

the OP has not been back . typical trollness. I dont regret nothign I said. I speaking how I see it.

again your too close to the situation you belive everything.

the point of lying and making upsituations is to milk attention or possible screw with your emotions.

its working - you all rather take this as gospel.

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.