maggieNomar

It's officially Tuesday

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is exactly 12:01 am and I was here posting on the monday thread, so thought I'd carry it over into Tues. Hope you all have a great day. Two more sleeps til Terrie gets here. :dance:

I have temporarily and perhpas with some lack of sanity taken on 3 kids...small ones. 1 baby nearly a year old and a set of 3 year old twins. Have I gone mad? Sadly no one in the family will take responsibility for them. They all have excuses. The mom was caught in a hotel room with a drug dealer so the father of the girls asked me to take them for now. The baby's dad found out about it and concurred. so here i sit with 3 young kids, parents./family unable/unwilling to care for them... :crying: That was my weekend. I'm going to go to sleep now and see if it gets better tomorrow. For them. I'm fine. A bit overwhelmed but fine.

Edited by Maggie724

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Tuesday MENA!! :D

Hey Maggie, good to see you! :star:

Are you going to be able to work while watching the three kids??? :blink:

It's really great of you to take them. I can't imagine handling that!

I hope you all have a wonderful time at your meet up!

Hubby's trip was extended and instead of coming home today he will be home Thursday or Friday.

I don't mind so much, the days here pass one much like another, but two weeks is more than enough for him to be gone and I do miss him. :luv:

However, I have chocolate bitay waiting for me on the dining room table, so at least I'll have a good breakfast. :lol:

Jackie, how long is the visa good for? I thought they only lasted 6 months before expiring? And I thought he was going to be able to come in June???

I'm so happy he got the visa but I wish he could come home to you sooner. (F)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

:energy:

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and here's the dvd list for today:

June 9

- Bob the Builder: Truck Teamwork (Animation, Family)

- Crossing Over (Drama)

- Fired Up! (Theatrical Version) (Comedy)

- Fired Up! (Unrated Edition) (Comedy)

- Ghosts of Goldfield (Horror)

- Gran Torino (Full Screen Edition) (Drama)

- Gran Torino (Widescreen Edition) (Drama)

- The International (Thriller)

- Jack Lemmon Film Collection (Various)

- Nobel Son (Comedy, Thriller)

- Reaper: Season Two (Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, TV)

- Shaun the Sheep: Sheep on the Loose (Animation, Comedy)

- The Shield: Season 7 - The Final Act (Crime, Drama)

- Spinning Into Butter (Drama)

- Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music - The Director's Cut (40th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition) (Music)

- Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music - The Director's Cut (Two-Disc 40th-Anniversary Edition) (Music)

hope everyone has a good morning.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Maggie long time no see and a name change (i think) is that you in there ha yes you have your hands full but if u hadnt they would have went foster care but how long can you mange

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Maggie...I think that is admirable of you. I am sure that it is hard but grateful that you are something stable in the children's lives. My parents raise my sisters children which are 3 and 5 and they have had them almost 3 years. It is very hard on my parents and sometimes unfair. They have raised their children and now was the time for themselves. I hope that social services is supplying you with help from food to daycare. Please call them if not and they should be able to help you out. I was suprised how much help my parents were offered. Best wishes Maggie and know that what you are doing is such a wonderful thing to those children. :star:

Maureen...my husband went to the Goodwill last week and bought a pedipaws. I asked him what it was and he said I thought we could use this to trim the cat's nails. I said good luck on that one brother! You hold that crazy cat down and see if she "lets" you pedipaw her nails. She will eat you up and you will look like a piece of broken down meat a lion has gotten hold of! Good luck with it!!! I just know I have a psycho cat.....Also, I hope you feel better with your allergies!

Melly...Good morning or shall I say afternoon? I hope that your husband has a safe trip home. Is EG hot like hell yet?

Good morning Charles and Judy.

MENA have a good day!

Filed: Timeline

tuesday-8-1.jpg

Hope ya'll have a great day

ohhh terrie goes on vacation tommorrow! How exciting! I hear maggie has awesome meetups :)

Jax (F)

melly, he has til dec 4 to activate it. We held off on him coming in June cuz of no visa. Now he can make plans or get an extension. I wish I could just stomp my feet and demand he come home.

Edited by just_Jackie

tuesday-8-1.jpg

Hope ya'll have a great day

ohhh terrie goes on vacation tommorrow! How exciting! I hear maggie has awesome meetups :)

Jax (F)

melly, he has til dec 4 to activate it. We held off on him coming in June cuz of no visa. Now he can make plans or get an extension. I wish I could just stomp my feet and demand he come home.

Good morning all. Wishing everyone a good day.!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning MENA!! Maggie, wow...I can't give you enough praise for taking in these children. You'll definitely have your hands full for a while. What is the extended plan for the children? My thoughts and prayers go to you and the children.

Melissa....chocolate for breakfast....hmm, sounds yummy!

Maureen, please let us know about that Pedipaw....I was thinking about getting that for my mom's dog.

Thanks for the dvd list Charles, I too, want to see Gran Torino. I heard it a very good movie. Wondering about Nobel Son....anyone seen it??

Tasha....you have a pyschotic cat too?? Let me guess, she's female right?? I have to wrap my cat up in a blanket with like 2 people supporting me just to cut her nails. She's scary!

Jackie girl....I don't know how you would let him wait to see you!! I would tell Ahmed he has to get his butt here ASAP!!!! At least he has the visa and inshaAllah he will be here to see you in July.

Amanda.....soon girl!! So soon!!

Beth, Judy and everyone else have a great day!!!

Sharifah

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Good Morning MENA!! Maggie, wow...I can't give you enough praise for taking in these children. You'll definitely have your hands full for a while. What is the extended plan for the children? My thoughts and prayers go to you and the children.

Melissa....chocolate for breakfast....hmm, sounds yummy!

Maureen, please let us know about that Pedipaw....I was thinking about getting that for my mom's dog.

Thanks for the dvd list Charles, I too, want to see Gran Torino. I heard it a very good movie. Wondering about Nobel Son....anyone seen it??

Tasha....you have a pyschotic cat too?? Let me guess, she's female right?? I have to wrap my cat up in a blanket with like 2 people supporting me just to cut her nails. She's scary!

Jackie girl....I don't know how you would let him wait to see you!! I would tell Ahmed he has to get his butt here ASAP!!!! At least he has the visa and inshaAllah he will be here to see you in July.

Amanda.....soon girl!! So soon!!

Beth, Judy and everyone else have a great day!!!

Sharifah

You too Sharifah, have a good day!!!!! Hope your feeling better.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good morning everyone :)

i wanna see that Gran Torino.

Excellent movie :thumbs:

Congratulations on the visa Jackie :dance::dance::dance:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.