ridasgirl

What thing about ur SO's country surprized u the most???

45 posts in this topic

My aunt asked me...."What do you think Rida will be the most surprized about America?" I told her that that was impossible to answer because there is NO WAY he could have guessed the thing I was most surprized about Morocco.

The thing that I was absolutely shocked about was this:

I was in Morocco during Eid al Adha...sharing rides in uncle's truck with sheep in the back was an experience, but NOTHING shocked me more than seeing one man riding a motorized bicycle with another man on the rear fender with a sheep turned upside down, legs up in the air in front of the driver of that motorized bicycle.

Now tell me how he could have possibly imagined that would be the thing that surprized me most???

My beloved is not here with me yet, but if yours is maybe u could share what thing surpized them the most?? Can't wait to hear!!!

Hugs,

Melynda

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

how driving here is calmer, everywhere you look is someone eating, all the large places to shop, all the different varieties of each product, he couldnt believe banks were open on saturday and the people did not act like they knew him even after two visits ha and ask for id, that im NOT going to pay a big price to get more tv channels

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The biggest thing for me was the nutzy way they drive. and the other thing was they actually did have regular toliets (least my husband did).

justt happened to think, the fact that they have heat in the cars but did not use it, or didn't know how to! Car ride from Fez to Casa was cold and the windows were steaming up and they didn't know about the defrost.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

NM

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lots of things: Not having regular toilets or even toilet paper in bathrooms for that matter, eating big meals at 1 in the morning that nearly killed me after having a big lunch, and the fuss of neogiating over prices when you buy something. So hard to do here.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Having been to Egypt many times growing up, I didn't think anything could shock me. Although, the first time I went to Hurgada.....wow, it's like a different part of Egypt. It was quiter, clean and people actually listen to the rules of the road!!! I couldn't believe it!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

a few things threw me for a loop

the driving not so much my mother taught me that everyone has a set of brakes and a horn for a reason **although not quite use to the light flashing yet**

How clean everyone and everything is .. except the sponge used to clean the dishes :wacko:

The butt towel in the bath room... learned to pack napkins or TP I dont mind the beday (sp ?) but I feel the need to wipe

the thing that got me the most... how much I miss it when I go home... my MIL cooking, having tea 5-6 times a day, hearing Arabic constantly, how I forget how to say what or why in English when I come home .. my 5 and 2 year old both answer when I say Sho ? lol

Having been to Egypt many times growing up, I didn't think anything could shock me. Although, the first time I went to Hurgada.....wow, it's like a different part of Egypt. It was quiter, clean and people actually listen to the rules of the road!!! I couldn't believe it!

Hahahaha...you know the traffic is horrible when ur amazed when it isn't bad!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
My aunt asked me...."What do you think Rida will be the most surprized about America?" I told her that that was impossible to answer because there is NO WAY he could have guessed the thing I was most surprized about Morocco.

The thing that I was absolutely shocked about was this:

I was in Morocco during Eid al Adha...sharing rides in uncle's truck with sheep in the back was an experience, but NOTHING shocked me more than seeing one man riding a motorized bicycle with another man on the rear fender with a sheep turned upside down, legs up in the air in front of the driver of that motorized bicycle.

Now tell me how he could have possibly imagined that would be the thing that surprized me most???

My beloved is not here with me yet, but if yours is maybe u could share what thing surpized them the most?? Can't wait to hear!!!

Hugs,

Melynda

didnt she want what surprised them the most when here or do i need more coffee

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Look at her title tho... if I had to answer the other way around, I would be here for awhile...

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

I think what surprised me most about my husband's country was the amount of stray cats that are living all over the place. In the streets and in the cafes. And here there are NO domestic animals lurking around.

I have traveled before meeing him, to a 3rd world country, so nothing was very much a surprise or hard to deal with but the degree of poverty really is extremely disheartening.

As far as what surprised hubby here, I think the reality that the cost of living is high and that women actually do have rights here and the authorities actually enforce those rights and protect women.

Also what is shown on TV is very shocking to him. I think alot of our guys have a good understanding of what U.S. is like but until you actually get here and see it all flashed in your face and living amongst it you can't really know what life is like here. We are so over the top and liberal and open here. Anything goes if you will and that just doesn't fly very well with my husband.

Also surprising is that anything and everything can constitute as a meal, it doesn't even have to be cooked with our own hands :blush:

Edited by Sandrila

Look at her title tho... if I had to answer the other way around, I would be here for awhile...

I would totally love to hear what surprized everyone's grooms the most...I have yet to have this experience. Well, when you have the time....maybe u could give a few examples....lol.....take care all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

biggest surprise for him = cost of living

biggest surprise for me = acceptance of domestic abuse and a realization that for some women there really exist few choices :( very sad.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.