Riggs

how many trips to Manila

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ate Toni, I just wanna ask if you ever did change your maiden name into married name in your passport? Because I know someone who arrived here on CR1 who didn't changed her surname in her passport but she amended her passport though.

I believe that if you WANT to renew your passport then you really HAVE to attend the seminar but anyhow, whether you will renew your passport or not, whether we like it or not, we don't have any choice but to attend that seminar if we want to be with our SO. :wacko::)

Yep Diane,i changed my name into married name... :)

in your passport? :D I am sorry for being "makulit" i just want to clear things because how come they required me to attend the seminar first before renewing my passport hehe :D

I am sleepy now so I guess I'll read your reply tom. have a nice day te toni :)

Yes dear:) so i am officially using my husband's name..or surname:P

Wow ate! you are lucky then :D. This is the first time I heard of a Pinay that wasn't asked for CFO seminar cert. in renewing her passport. :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
You're exactly right Pink! Shortly after my wedding, I was so excited to change my passport from my maiden name to married name so I went to DFA and brought my old one and other docs that I thought is required. I got there so early only to find out that I have to attend CFO first for me to obtain a new one. I felt frustrated that time not bcoz I need to attend the seminar but bcoz of its location. I was told I can do it either in Cebu or in Manila, my choice. Jeez, I have to fly over only for this? Hehe..Good thing my husband was coming home then so I chose the last one and had the seminar while hubby was on the plane.

I wasn't asked for the CFO certificate...here are the requirements....http://dfa.gov.ph/?page_id=64

Ate Toni, I just wanna ask if you ever did change your maiden name into married name in your passport? Because I know someone who arrived here on CR1 who didn't changed her surname in her passport but she amended her passport though.

I believe that if you WANT to renew your passport then you really HAVE to attend the seminar but anyhow, whether you will renew your passport or not, whether we like it or not, we don't have any choice but to attend that seminar if we want to be with our SO. :wacko::)

* Does anyone know if the Consulate Officer will allow you to pick up Visa at Embassy or do they not like you to ask them for that?

I think asking them will make no any harm. This link might help you. Good Luck! :star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Wow ate! you are lucky then :D . This is the first time I heard of a Pinay that wasn't asked for CFO seminar cert. in renewing her passport. :)

In fact a lot of pinays Pink,but they all applied at DFA manila..yay,sana lang nga tulot tuloy na ang swerte ko:P

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Not necessary. Many pinays stay in manila for a week: They do their medical, go to first cfo meeting (scared straight, hehe), then go to usem interview. Oh, and sight see and spend more of kanoz money on clothes and shoes, hehe.

so mavbe 10 days in manila to do medical/cfo/interview. Then fly back home (cheap, maybe $35USD) and wait for visa to be delivered by AIR21, then pack up bags, and back to manila, get cfo stamp, then catch flight to LA. Simple really if you plan ahead, gud luck :star::star:

And how is that possible ? :devil:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

• 2 months later...

mabuhay

My wife is from Bislig, Tabon and she made two trips to take care of the items named. Of course a family member. sister, traveled with her.

That was in 2004! She is now in Alabama and has just applied for naturalization.

Good luck and may God protect

October 22nd 2009 at 2:00 P.M. OATH COMPLETED

Oct. 22 9:05 A.M. Atlanta interview date for naturalization

Aug. 15 Received YELLOW LETTER, we are to bring to the interview state driver's license

Aug. 6, 2009 N.O.A. fingerprint appointment

June 29, 2009 Notice receipt date and priority date

June 25, 2009 Filed for naturalization

April 30, 2008 Filed for John's dual citizenship

April 24, 2008 JOHN BORN

Dec. 18, 2007 Completed first semester, an 'A' average

Sept. 21, 2007 Doctor reported, "your wife is two months with child"

Aug. 22, 2007 rose starts college

May 09, 2007 rose receives license to drive and drives us home.

Jan. 24, 2007 returned to Alabama

Dec. 28, 2007 remarried in Philippines, I promised her a Filipino wedding

Nov. 27, 2006 returned to Philippines

Aug. 01, 2006 rose receives P.G.C., no interviews here, no conditional card

July 25, 2006 received email - Approval

July 18, 2006 mailed update

July 07, 2006 R.F.E, update on income

June 26, 2006 We mailed hand-written letter requesting status of A.O.S.

Jan. 24, 2006 Biometrics completed, again

Nov. 02, 2005 R.F.E.

Sept. 20, 2005 A.O.S. transferred to C.S.C.

April 11, 2005 JAMES, BORN

July 22, 2004 A.O.S. receipt date, Atlanta

June 22, 2004 married

June 10, 2004 rose arrives in Alabama

May 23, 2004 Visa arrives

May 05, 2004 Embassy interview

Feb. 03, 2004 I-129 approved

Sept. 03, 2003 I-129 receipt date

Aug. 16, 2003 met Rose in Cebu

Jan. 20, 2003 mailed letter to her and waited

Jan. 20, 2003 read Rose's profile on website

I am not exactly sure where Bislig is ... but I think you can narrow it down to at least 2 trips .... or even a 1 week long trip

First trip for a 1 week or so trip would include ... Medical exam on Monday, Tuesday ... cfo wed, thurs or fri ... have interview set up for the following Monday or Tuesday ...

Can either wait for visa in Manila ( Ask them if she can pick it up at the embassy at the interview ) or return home and wait for it via Air21

Bislig City look it up here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bislig_City

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Timeline

Yep Diane,i changed my name into married name... :)

in your passport? :D I am sorry for being "makulit" i just want to clear things because how come they required me to attend the seminar first before renewing my passport hehe :D

I am sleepy now so I guess I'll read your reply tom. have a nice day te toni :)

Yes dear:) so i am officially using my husband's name..or surname:P

Wow ate! you are lucky then :D. This is the first time I heard of a Pinay that wasn't asked for CFO seminar cert. in renewing her passport. :)

hey guys, DFA didnt require me to attend CFO seminar before I renewed my passport from my maiden name to married name , and to think I have just been issued Jan08 then changed it to my married name in Nov same year.

Hi all,

How many trips will my wife have to make from Bislig to Manila, for the visa process? I am estimating 4 trips there: 1 trip there for CFO seminar, 1 trip there for medical exam, 1 trip there for interview, and the final trip there to cfo to register and get sticker, then she can get on the plane.

I am correct 4 trips? they make it so difficult, and expensive for everyone, it could be so much easy if organized properly.

Is ther anyway to combine the activities to reduce the number of trips?

Thanks much

Steve

in my case i did three trips...first trip to manila for medical then second trip again for interview...coz i did my medical one month before my interview...then third trip to cebu for cfo seminar...thats when i got my visa already so you get the seminar and the sticker at the same time.

my hubby wanted to make sure that il have my sticker first before buying plane ticket for usa...thats why i had three trips.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just want to ask if it's ok to do the CFO seminar and get the sticker 1st then do the medical on the same trip and go back to manila for the interview? That way it will only be 2 trips...Anyone who have done it? Or the visa MUST really come 1st before the CFO sticker?

Thanks! :)

I just want to ask if it's ok to do the CFO seminar and get the sticker 1st then do the medical on the same trip and go back to manila for the interview? That way it will only be 2 trips...Anyone who have done it? Or the visa MUST really come 1st before the CFO sticker?

without visa=no sticker...with or without visa=can have seminar.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

without visa=no sticker...with or without visa=can have seminar.

Ah ok...Thanks for the immediate reply. So it must really be 3 trips to Manila then.

Edited by loveaboo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.