KDOR

NOA1 and Money Order to USCIS

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Does anybody knows how long it takes to get a NOA1? Its been 3 weeks now that i have mailed out my I-130 to the chicago lockbox with my money order for the uscis fees and from my home to chicago its just for the mail to get there. Since the 15th of may i have not hear or get my NOA1 anybody knows why or what is really happening or any advice about what i should do or who to call? Please get in touch with me by replying me.

K&O

I actually have a similar question. I mailed a check though for the CR1 fee to the Chicago lockbox with my I-130 Petition on June 2. I know it's still kind of early, but do they cashed the check first then sent out NOA1, or do they sent out NOA1 first then cashed the check? I was reading other's timeline and wondering how other know their NOA1 status before the check is cashed?

5de285cd-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I actually have a similar question. I mailed a check though for the CR1 fee to the Chicago lockbox with my I-130 Petition on June 2. I know it's still kind of early, but do they cashed the check first then sent out NOA1, or do they sent out NOA1 first then cashed the check? I was reading other's timeline and wondering how other know their NOA1 status before the check is cashed?

I really dunno but i think they have to cash the check first before they can treat your case. Mine is also a package for CR1.

K&O

in my case last october my check was cashed two or three days after i sent it and i received the NOA1 a few days later. i think in total it was about a week from mailing to NOA1. three weeks seems like kind of a long time. i read recently that someone else called and insisted on speaking to an officer rather than a customer service rep to get their case number and make sure the package had arrived. it might be worth checking in on it. though i don't know how long they're taking to do NOA1s these days, a month would definitely be too long to wait.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.