zeeshan123

reply tp shanti2007

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear forum members, I am new to this forum, my kid sister and her husband has applied for CR1. We are from Islamabad.

I read shantis post and all the replies. I really feel sympathy for you. You entered the marriage with good faith then why should you suffer.

Since you already have IR1 stamped, then why donnt you travel to states and get permenet green card. You donnot have to stay with your husband for that. Change your address at port of entry, your husband will never get to know about this. Stay there for 4 weeks, then come back to your home country. and in future if you want to go to states for your career or something then you wouldnt have any problem.

I am on shantis side, as i know the mentality of indian/pakistani people living in states for many years. They enjoy their lives fully then come back to their home country to marry some young and inncocent girls, who will come to states on their mercy, their parents will give them dowry, and they will bear their children. I just happened to saw Heaven ON Earth, an indian movie with similar theme.

and parents marry their daughters in hope of their bright futures.

So I would suggest that go for the green card, why are u wasting 3 years wait??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

REF Original thread. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=200914&hl=

You could have posted reply in that thread.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Dear forum members, I am new to this forum, my kid sister and her husband has applied for CR1. We are from Islamabad.

I read shantis post and all the replies. I really feel sympathy for you. You entered the marriage with good faith then why should you suffer.

Since you already have IR1 stamped, then why donnt you travel to states and get permenet green card. You donnot have to stay with your husband for that. Change your address at port of entry, your husband will never get to know about this. Stay there for 4 weeks, then come back to your home country. and in future if you want to go to states for your career or something then you wouldnt have any problem.

I am on shantis side, as i know the mentality of indian/pakistani people living in states for many years. They enjoy their lives fully then come back to their home country to marry some young and inncocent girls, who will come to states on their mercy, their parents will give them dowry, and they will bear their children. I just happened to saw Heaven ON Earth, an indian movie with similar theme.

and parents marry their daughters in hope of their bright futures.

So I would suggest that go for the green card, why are u wasting 3 years wait??

Thanks for posting here!! I was going to say the same thing to her, but honestly speaking, we just do not know the whole situation. I am not judging anyone here. I am just saying that I just do not know what is really going on here. Yes, she can come here and she can even go back to India after she gets her green card and before going to India, she can apply for a Re-entry permit (Two Year extension).And then, she can even saty in India for two years if she has to finish her education.

But I would advise her that if her husband(Not his family) is honest with her, TRUST her, and loves her, then she should work this out with him and she should not put him in darkness because it will be very unfair with him. Good luck to you again Shanti!!!!

Edited by Rehan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.