PeruvyandGringa

g-325a form on US website has expired

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I recently filled out the g-325a form for me and my fiance. I just realized it had an expiration date of 5/31/09. I went to the website AGAIN to download a new one, seeing as it is June 4, and the form they have to download is the one I used, expired 5-31-09. It was last revised 7/14/06, so I doubt it will have any updates, just eventually a new expiration. I called and they told me to use the expired form, that you can ignore the expiration date as they only go by the revised date. I know if I use this form, it will come back to haunt me. I don't want to just sit around and wait for the government to update the form on the website. I do now have the phone log that I did call, and also the email I sent with only and auto generated out of office response. Anyone else send in expired forms?

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The date is NOT the form's expiration date, the OMB date is the date that USCIS has to complete a survey to determine the length of time it takes to fill the form out for the paper work reduction act, as mandated by the Office of Management and Budget.

Edition Date :

7/14/06. Previous editions accepted.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

When a USCIS form is due to expire, the form and any changes must be reviewed by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). If a form expires while it is being reviewed at OMB, the form may still be used. Once a new edition is available, the USCIS website will be updated to ensure all useable editions are listed.

Every time a form goes past it's OMB survey date, the forum gets flooded with panic questions about this.

I wish the USCIS and DOS would remove that date or simply remove the "EXP" from the date.

A little reading on the USCIS page where the form is posted answers this nicely.

This is being asked multiple times today, you need to look through the forums abit to get your answers.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
The date is NOT the form's expiration date, the OMB date is the date that USCIS has to complete a survey to determine the length of time it takes to fill the form out for the paper work reduction act, as mandated by the Office of Management and Budget.

Edition Date :

7/14/06. Previous editions accepted.

When a USCIS form is due to expire, the form and any changes must be reviewed by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). If a form expires while it is being reviewed at OMB, the form may still be used. Once a new edition is available, the USCIS website will be updated to ensure all useable editions are listed.

Every time a form goes past it's OMB survey date, the forum gets flooded with panic questions about this.

I wish the USCIS and DOS would remove that date or simply remove the "EXP" from the date.

A little reading on the USCIS page where the form is posted answers this nicely.

This is being asked multiple times today, you need to look through the forums abit to get your answers.

Thank you! I have tried to search this site, but I have been unsuccessful. I can only seem to find what is on the home page and then similar topics linked to those topics! I can only find answers to my own submittals via logging into my account and looking under recent topics. I read as much as I can from the topics on the home page each day, but that hasn't always answered my questions. Thanks again for answering, I feel better now. And no, I'm not super-technically savvy!

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you can't find updated form on USCIS website then you can't find it anywhere unless USCIS uploads the new one. As you are filling the form after its expiry date then you are OK to use it. Becuase there isn't new version of the required form available on USCIS website.

This is my opinion and shouldn't be taken as expert advice.

I recently filled out the g-325a form for me and my fiance. I just realized it had an expiration date of 5/31/09. I went to the website AGAIN to download a new one, seeing as it is June 4, and the form they have to download is the one I used, expired 5-31-09. It was last revised 7/14/06, so I doubt it will have any updates, just eventually a new expiration. I called and they told me to use the expired form, that you can ignore the expiration date as they only go by the revised date. I know if I use this form, it will come back to haunt me. I don't want to just sit around and wait for the government to update the form on the website. I do now have the phone log that I did call, and also the email I sent with only and auto generated out of office response. Anyone else send in expired forms?

AOS Transferred to CSC.......................August 4th 2009

AP/EAD Approval Notice appeared....August 21st 2009

AP/EAD received in mails.................... 08/27/09, 08/31/09

AOS at CSC.............................................Pending

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.