SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay..ladies...I feel so bad...

I just lied to my co-worker. She asked to borrow $5 and I told her I didn't have it. I only had a $20 and she takes forever...actually forgets that she owes you...to pay you back. I wasn't in the mood to have that on my mind.

I had to remind her that I paid for her lunch...and I don't like having to do that. Maybe because when I borrow..I'm knocking people out of the way to get to ATM to pay you back.

Should I feel bad? I did lie... :mellow::unsure:

KK I swear you are a true testament that there still are good and holy people in the world. I tell you the compassion you feel for others really amazes me at times. Its your damn money and truthfully you don’t have it because you don’t have it to lend so hecks no you shouldn’t feel bad. I would.

Here you’re worried about lying about 5 dollars and I have to go to court for some traffic tickets and I have my story all ready made up on how it went down. The story I’m telling the judge is NO WHERE near what happened but so what its going to be my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay, Finesse - I have some dirt or a what would you do situation for you -

One of my friends, who I love to death, has gone through a lot in the past few years (break up of her marriage, etc...) - Her drinking has gotten increasingly out of control - I have spoken to her about it in the past, and she got mad at me - It's not fun to go out with her, cause she can't keep it in control, which means we play babysitter -

Now, Sunday afternoon, we were all out watching the band - I knew she was getting drunk, so I left right when the band started - Another friend of ours emailed me - She ended up driving her home because she found her puking in the alley by the restaurant - Not only that, she was hitting on someone's boyfriend, went off on the band, telling the drummer that he's an f****ng whiteboy who knows nothing about soca, was rude to the waitress and bartender,........... and much worse -

What would you do?

I have a friend going through seperation, maybe divorce as well. She is 37, but acting like 22 again. Drinking too much, hanging out with people that have a bad influence on her and just being irresponsible. She is one of my best friends though... I have straight out told her when I think she is being immature and irresponsible. She listened but did nothing about it. Until some of those so called friends came back to bite her in the a$$. They used her to pay for drinks, rides etc....

I would agree with not hanging out with her until she figures it out herself. You were right to leave!! Hopefully she wont end up more self destructing. Maybe you and your other friends should "boycott" her and tell her exactly why you are doing it. Hearing it from everyone may help. She may get mad at you, but you trying to help her out of the situation would be the best thing. You wouldnt want to end up saying "I should have done more"....

i disagree with this. she needs you now more than ever...

finesse, that doesn't work for everyone. I learned a very long time ago, that you have to give people time and space. You can beat yourself up all you want when trying to help a person, but if they don't want it or they don't want to accept the fact that they have a problem it's not going to work.

Imagine, being 20 years old and your friend who is 10 years older than you, a professional, educated, married with 3 kids, strung out on crack...never been in trouble a day in her life, but one hit off a crack pipe and she was hooked. Was it wrong to walk away from her, after many years of trying to help her?

i hear what ur saying..

Okay..ladies...I feel so bad...

I just lied to my co-worker. She asked to borrow $5 and I told her I didn't have it. I only had a $20 and she takes forever...actually forgets that she owes you...to pay you back. I wasn't in the mood to have that on my mind.

I had to remind her that I paid for her lunch...and I don't like having to do that. Maybe because when I borrow..I'm knocking people out of the way to get to ATM to pay you back.

KK I swear you are a true testament that there still are good and holy people in the world. I tell you the compassion you feel for others really amazes me at times. Its your damn money and truthfully you don’t have it because you don’t have it to lend so hecks no you shouldn’t feel bad. I would.

Here you’re worried about lying about 5 dollars and I have to go to court for some traffic tickets and I have my story all ready made up on how it went down. The story I’m telling the judge is NO WHERE near what happened but so what its going to be my story and I'm sticking to it.

:devil:

Filed: Timeline

sus, I hate it when friends of mine get too damn drunk and can't control themselves then try to fight you when you try to help them. That is just plain embrassing and I'm not the one. I've had to drag friends out of Pier One in Jamaica because they lose their damn mines cause they under their weed and juice and decides it's time to be in their birthday suits -- I can't deal with that, so to avoid it, when they ask me if they can come with me on a trip I flat out say NO! -- I'm not going to hide the fact that I'm going on vacation, your baxide just not coming with me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm finally watching my TiVo of the BET Awards show...and somebody slept on Beyonce's performance. I didn't get the outfits...hopefully she will grow out of the leotard phase soon. But I absolutely love to hear her sing Ava Maria...I actually wanted it sung at my wedding. Her voice is so pure and angelic in those types of songs.

I agree. I think Beyonce has a great voice. I'm surprised to hear so many people disagree.

At first I was gonna say it's okay, but really, it's not okay to lie. You could gently tell her the truth next time: You're uncomfortable with borrowing or loaning things, because you don't like to owe people and you don't like people to owe you. That way, you're not being rude to her, but you are indirectly telling her not to ask you for anything again.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
justin timberlake was w/ NSYNC jawi.. new kids on the block had mark wahlburg or markie mark..WAYYYY before justins time!! :rofl::rofl:

Quana, glad you clarified. When I read Jawi's post, I thought "Hmm. I didn't know Justin Timberlake came from NKOTB." :lol:

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
sus, I hate it when friends of mine get too damn drunk and can't control themselves then try to fight you when you try to help them. That is just plain embrassing and I'm not the one. I've had to drag friends out of Pier One in Jamaica because they lose their damn mines cause they under their weed and juice and decides it's time to be in their birthday suits -- I can't deal with that, so to avoid it, when they ask me if they can come with me on a trip I flat out say NO! -- I'm not going to hide the fact that I'm going on vacation, your baxide just not coming with me.

She has asked so many times to come to Jamaica with me - I have always said no - When I was originally planning the wedding, she insisted she was coming - I really didn't want her there - With all the gigalos running around - she'd be coming back barefoot, broke, and pregnant, without a clue of who the father was - And have 100 men from JA calling her daily.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Okay, Finesse - I have some dirt or a what would you do situation for you -

One of my friends, who I love to death, has gone through a lot in the past few years (break up of her marriage, etc...) - Her drinking has gotten increasingly out of control - I have spoken to her about it in the past, and she got mad at me - It's not fun to go out with her, cause she can't keep it in control, which means we play babysitter -

Now, Sunday afternoon, we were all out watching the band - I knew she was getting drunk, so I left right when the band started - Another friend of ours emailed me - She ended up driving her home because she found her puking in the alley by the restaurant - Not only that, she was hitting on someone's boyfriend, went off on the band, telling the drummer that he's an f****ng whiteboy who knows nothing about soca, was rude to the waitress and bartender,........... and much worse -

What would you do?

I have a friend going through seperation, maybe divorce as well. She is 37, but acting like 22 again. Drinking too much, hanging out with people that have a bad influence on her and just being irresponsible. She is one of my best friends though... I have straight out told her when I think she is being immature and irresponsible. She listened but did nothing about it. Until some of those so called friends came back to bite her in the a$$. They used her to pay for drinks, rides etc....

I would agree with not hanging out with her until she figures it out herself. You were right to leave!! Hopefully she wont end up more self destructing. Maybe you and your other friends should "boycott" her and tell her exactly why you are doing it. Hearing it from everyone may help. She may get mad at you, but you trying to help her out of the situation would be the best thing. You wouldnt want to end up saying "I should have done more"....

Sus is this the same one that is going on the trip with you? The one that made you change all rooming plans?

Yep, same friend going on the trip - She desperately wants to come to Jamaica with me - Which I have flat out said NO WAY NO HOW too -

I don't hang out with her as much as I used to - But the problem is that there is a group of us who are friends, and it puts my cousin in the middle of it all - I forwarded the email to my cousin so that she could see how outta control it got after we left, and said we need to do an intervention - so we'll talk about it later.

It's a hard thing to watch your friends go through - and I know how hard the end of a relationship is - But she is just as much at fault as he is, neither of them have filed for divorce - She's so outta control in more ways then just drinking - men too - I am afraid that she is going to be the reverse of your friend, Finesse, and be the one that gets hurt -

I am honestly stuck - I think that my other friends are finally reaching the point that I reached a while back where they have had enough - but it remains to be seen what my cousin thinks about it -

I thought about going to her parents, but they are enablers and it would just make the situation worse -

Hopefully it will be talked about before we go to Ocean City - But I am making it 100% clear that I am not babysitting her at all, and will leave her if she is acting like that -

i know the feeling....it is like you know that something terrible is gonna happen and you can't stop it

Filed: Timeline

She has asked so many times to come to Jamaica with me - I have always said no - When I was originally planning the wedding, she insisted she was coming - I really didn't want her there - With all the gigalos running around - she'd be coming back barefoot, broke, and pregnant, without a clue of who the father was - And have 100 men from JA calling her daily.

Sus, I hope everyone has had their lunch before reading this.

Last year, my husband's friends threw us a party at Pier One and there were these girls there from Colorado and they were all DEAD DRUNK -- well one of them had way too much to drink and when I went to the restroom with my cousins she was sitting in the middle of the floor covered in sh*t.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

So it seems like everytime I talk to u ladies something good happens .

I was talking to u guys when I found out I was approved

I was talking to u guys this morning when I went to throw out trash and check my mailbox:

I received my GREEN CARD TODAY :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Guess I just need to keep talking to u ladies and go buy the powerball :lol::lol:

Congrats! But if you win the powerball you have to share it with your lucky charms! :whistle:

Congrats Mrs Jeffs, we got our yesterday too :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

funny thing is, my friend came to JA twice with me and she was so high out of her mind, she couldn't even move....she was so peaceful and laid back, I couldn't believe my eyes...i too thought she would be all over the place actin a fool..

Last year, my husband's friends threw us a party at Pier One and there were these girls there from Colorado and they were all DEAD DRUNK -- well one of them had way too much to drink and when I went to the restroom with my cousins she was sitting in the middle of the floor covered in sh*t.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

:wow:

Timeline
LOL. dont worry ladies , am gonna hook u all up ......GIFT CARDS to all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yay, Mrs Jeffs & Philly. Lots of green happening this week!

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

That I can believe, cause this friend has done similar - One time she used her camera phone to take pics of a part of you that should NEVER be on camera, and sent it to one of the guys she was seeing - along with a bunch of other people - and none of us know all the guys she sent it to - She only knows that it went to more than one because this guy started confronting her with names - she accused him of going through her phone - and he showed her the text.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i'm so annoyed

i know ppl mean well

but when they ask every minute where my process is

"yuh nuh hear from dem yet?" "so when yuh think yuh going get thru"

very very annoying

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.