SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

:ot: who on here went natural from relaxer to perm and how long did it take?

Shemmy you've seen my hair, I'm wondering if I should just cut it all off again or try grow out the rest of the perm with the length I have now.

I would let it grow out for 6-8 months then cut off the perm..which won't be much. What made you decide to go natural?

:thumbs: thats exactly what i did, only had like 2 inches left of relaxed hair.. i couldnt bear to cut it all off at once..i wore roller sets cuz the 2 different hair types will get on ur nerves..

Not me. I went to the salon for a trim, and spontaneously told the beautician to cut it all off. I had less than an inch of hair when I went natural.

No big chop for me... :no: I let the perm grow out and just got the ends trimmed. I have about 1-2% perm left. Next time I trim (next week) I will be 100%.

What made me go natural? Well I got cheap and not wanting to pay for a perm...I loved when my mom did mines..and she lives in Florida..so not an option. My friends telling me that I have a texture of hair that would still be managable. Notice..I didn't say good hair...cause I think all hair is good. :yes:

It has been a positive experience. Hubby likes my weave ponytail style...just not feeling the piece sitting on the bathroom counter. lol

:ot: New York...from VH-1...is all natural...she just keeps it weaved up.

:ot2:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone ... Hope everyone has a great friday

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning all! I am working from home today and was all set on the couch with my laptop, in my pjs, and couldn't get on the net - So I had to come in the office, only to realize the housekeeper dusted the router into standby mode yesterday, lol- Read my emails and am going back to the couch!

As for the weightloss, Wakey, you are right - Running is actually not good for you, it's very hard on your joints = Your best bet is circuit training, some cardio, some weight lifting (light weights) - If you build muscle, then your metabolism gets faster and you burn calories quicker. Also, walk slow for 2 min, then fast for 2, then slow,... and alternate - Mix in some other cardio with it - dance, ride the bike, swim. I also agree with cutting carbs - that makes a world of difference for me when I am trying to lose.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline

susssssssss; mawin, I need a wake up.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning ladies,

Just sneaking on a computer at work, cause im nosey and its Friday and friggin ready for the day to be over with. Anyhoo hope everyone has a blessed day.

I will be in JA, from July 3rd until im not sure when...depends on if the man gets on my nerves or not.. i will be in Negril the third thru the 6th and then possibly ochi the 6th thru the 11th... anyway if anyone else is that way, link me so we can meet and i can extend my VJ fam.

Peace

Honey

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
susssssssss; mawin, I need a wake up.

Morning Everyone! I need a wake up too! Its 9am and I am YAAAAAAWWWWWWWning! Need a RedBull but it is DOWNPOURING and I dont want to walk to the corner in it.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: who on here went natural from relaxer to perm and how long did it take?

Shemmy you've seen my hair, I'm wondering if I should just cut it all off again or try grow out the rest of the perm with the length I have now.

I would let it grow out for 6-8 months then cut off the perm..which won't be much. What made you decide to go natural?

:thumbs: thats exactly what i did, only had like 2 inches left of relaxed hair.. i couldnt bear to cut it all off at once..i wore roller sets cuz the 2 different hair types will get on ur nerves..

Not me. I went to the salon for a trim, and spontaneously told the beautician to cut it all off. I had less than an inch of hair when I went natural.

No big chop for me... :no: I let the perm grow out and just got the ends trimmed. I have about 1-2% perm left. Next time I trim (next week) I will be 100%.

What made me go natural? Well I got cheap and not wanting to pay for a perm...I loved when my mom did mines..and she lives in Florida..so not an option. My friends telling me that I have a texture of hair that would still be managable. Notice..I didn't say good hair...cause I think all hair is good. :yes:

It has been a positive experience. Hubby likes my weave ponytail style...just not feeling the piece sitting on the bathroom counter. lol

:ot: New York...from VH-1...is all natural...she just keeps it weaved up.

:ot2:

i would LOVE to do the big chop but my head is just too big

and i know when my natural hair starts growing back i'm gonna look like a lion :girlwerewolf2xn:

i had my last relaxer about 2 months ago so i'm JUST starting out with the transition phase

and i'm already annoyed with my hair

i think i'm gonna braid it, canerow it back and keep that for a couple weeks

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning, All. I wish I could stay in bed and sleep more instead of going to work...

Sus, housekeeper? I want one SOOOOO bad, but I can't justify it since I live alone. I told Steven that when he gets here, since he likes things much cleaner than I do, we'll get one. He was like, "Why would we pay someone to clean when we can do it ourselves??" :whistle: We'll see what happens.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
wakey I am not sure who is right but I know I was working out like you were and I wouldn't shed a pound but once I started following weight watchers the weight fell off. I didn't join but had a friend that did and we kind of just helped each other out. I also started going from 1/2 an hour to an hour of cardio so I am not sure which one did the trick. Not sure what your diet is or how long you are working out.

That's what I told her that I wanted to kick up the time of my cardio from 30 min to 60 for 6 days a week. I told her I just want to see if this will work I mean what I'm doing now has been wanting to throw up my hands and sit on the couch until I'm no more. :rofl:

My eating is good during the week eating vegatbables and meat I cut back on the rice......but on the weekend I eat too many carbs. I love bread, cookies, cake, cereal.

I say do it then and see how it goes. Any movement is better then none so if it's not correct, at least you weren't sitting on the couch giving up. You can always go back to what you were doing.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

LOL, Nat - you forget that at the moment, I am living with my mother - when my Dad got sick and I moved back in, I insisted we get one, it was too much to try to do the deep cleaning with all of us working, etc... - The house is HUGE, and she comes in once a week to clean top to bottom - charges $50 - money well spent.

Although, even when I had my condo, I had someone who came once a month - it was well worth the money to have someone do a thorough clean and not have to spend the time.

Edited by sus

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

$50/week. That's not bad. I wonder if I could get someone to do it twice/month for $100. Hmm. If so, I'll order that service TODAY!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

mawnin; Philly how u feelin

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Morning Ladies Happy Friday! ( Waving)

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning ya'll

Thanks for the input on the working out and eating.. :thumbs:

My boss just keeps piling on work. I may have to take my laptop home and work on the weekend..

Happy Birthday Shunsgal!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

((((((((((((chups)))))))))))....Jawi

Jawi, mi call you last night and lawd mi musah really misdial, cause one African ooman called me back and told me to stop calling her husband along with some not so nice words. I tried to explain to her that I dialed the wrong number, but she didn't want to hear it. Now, why must people be like that. I was about to call wakey, but my husband and I were dying with laugther...I don't know when this woman had time to look up my cell number and find out I was in maryland and she was going to drive up her and beat my A$$...I told her not to call back, but she kept on callin....

anyhoo, now, mi caan membah wah mi did call u fah innah di fus place

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.