Dean Cain

AFTER TWO WEEKS,,STILL NO APPROVAL

13 posts in this topic

NVC RECEIVED MY LAST DOCUMENTS TWO WEEKS AGO. AS OF TODAY STILL NO ANSWER, CASE STILL UNDER REVIEW. WHY THE LONG WAIT? I KNOW SOME PEOPLE OUT THERE GOT THEIR CASES COMPLETED WITHIN A WEEK. CARE TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCED? THANKS!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Can you tell us more about your case? Did you get an RFE before since you said "last documents"? If so for what? Are there any special circumstances in your case? And you didn't say if you talked to a live operator or just the AVR (voice recording). Don't rely on the tape. Try to get a human on the line. Itr's best to call either very late in evening or very early in the morning.

--------------

Can you tell us more about your case? Did you get an RFE before since you said "last documents"? If so for what? Are there any special circumstances in your case? And you didn't say if you talked to a live operator or just the AVR (voice recording). Don't rely on the tape. Try to get a human on the line. Itr's best to call either very late in evening or very early in the morning.

NO RFE.. I'D BEEN TALKING TO A LIVE OPERATOR. LAST WEEK I WAS TOLD THAT MY CASE IS UNDER FINAL REVIEW? I WAS EXPECTING MY CASE WOULD HAD BEEN COMPLETED BY NOW.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Final review means it will be completed very soon. Wait a bit longer and just keep calling. It could already be finished and they just haven't updated their system yet.

Oh, next time, please don't post in ALL CAPS. Universal forum etiquette. :)

--------------

Final review means it will be completed very soon. Wait a bit longer and just keep calling. It could already be finished and they just haven't updated their system yet.

Oh, next time, please don't post in ALL CAPS. Universal forum etiquette. :)

Ok thanks!. Sorry for typing all in caps...

Hi,

I am tracking all the February filers and doing all sorts of stats and things. Right now the average is 23 days from date sent to NVC to date case is complete.

HTH

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Timeline
NVC RECEIVED MY LAST DOCUMENTS TWO WEEKS AGO. AS OF TODAY STILL NO ANSWER, CASE STILL UNDER REVIEW. WHY THE LONG WAIT? I KNOW SOME PEOPLE OUT THERE GOT THEIR CASES COMPLETED WITHIN A WEEK. CARE TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCED? THANKS!

your case will be completed soon, based from my readings here it usually takes 7-14 days, it will be just a matter of time, pray that you won't have any RFE's,probably you'll be on July interview:-) Goodluck to all of us and God bless.

your case will be completed soon, based from my readings here it usually takes 7-14 days, it will be just a matter of time, pray that you won't have any RFE's,probably you'll be on July interview:-) Goodluck to all of us and God bless.

I called NVC today and talked with the operator. As of today the I-864 is completed and the DS-230 it's still under review. I was also told that some how my papers were sent to the wrong department. :unsure: Now i know why my case is taking a bit longer. Thanks for the info..God Bless!!

you can also try this..

WHILE WAITING FOR THE INTERVIEW PACKETS YOU CAN INQUIRE AT NVC TO GET PROJECTED DATE OF INTERVIEW

i shared this to anyone who completed there case what i did is i emailed NVC using the email, thats where i got my interview date

nvc format:

example

To: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: NVC CASE NO. - LASTNAME OF THE BENEFICIARY - VISA ROUTE (CR1)

HI, GOOD DAY, MY NAME IS (APPLICANTS' NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, PETITIONERS NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH). I WOULD LIKE TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE NEW STATUS OF OUR CASE. ( and state the problem... example: OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED ON (DATE) VIA NVC AUTOMATED 24/7 VOICE SYSTEM.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW IF WE GOT ANY SCHEDULE FOR ME( MEDICAL AND THE INTERVIEW).ANY HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

note:

* If you are an attorney, include the name of the law office requesting the information.

* If the petition is employment-based, include the company/organizational name.

* Reference only one case per e-mail.

NORMALLY THEY WILL ANSWER WITHIN 3-5 BUSINESS DAY UPON REQUEST.

(HOPE THIS HELPS)..GOODLUCK

you can also try this..

WHILE WAITING FOR THE INTERVIEW PACKETS YOU CAN INQUIRE AT NVC TO GET PROJECTED DATE OF INTERVIEW

i shared this to anyone who completed there case what i did is i emailed NVC using the email, thats where i got my interview date

nvc format:

example

To: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: NVC CASE NO. - LASTNAME OF THE BENEFICIARY - VISA ROUTE (CR1)

HI, GOOD DAY, MY NAME IS (APPLICANTS' NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, PETITIONERS NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH). I WOULD LIKE TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE NEW STATUS OF OUR CASE. ( and state the problem... example: OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED ON (DATE) VIA NVC AUTOMATED 24/7 VOICE SYSTEM.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW IF WE GOT ANY SCHEDULE FOR ME( MEDICAL AND THE INTERVIEW).ANY HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

note:

* If you are an attorney, include the name of the law office requesting the information.

* If the petition is employment-based, include the company/organizational name.

* Reference only one case per e-mail.

NORMALLY THEY WILL ANSWER WITHIN 3-5 BUSINESS DAY UPON REQUEST.

(HOPE THIS HELPS)..GOODLUCK

Thanks for that info. I am actually going to ask permission if NVC can expedite our interview date. Reason why is,,my wife didn't enroll our kids to school in the Philippines. We want to enroll them here in the US. We're hoping to get a July interview, so at least the kids will have plenty of time to get adjusted here in California You think NVC will grant this? Thanks

that i cant guaruntee what i understand is that nvc also compile all documents and fees.. but you might want to give it a try.

Yeah! It doesn't hurt to try. Thanks..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.