fubbleskag

when is the medical?

6 posts in this topic

sorry if this has been asked and answered, but i wasn't able to find it

i keep seeing reference to the required medical, but it's not entirely clear when this will be required. we've submitted the I-130 (direct consular) and received (and replied to) the Packet 3 - at this point, USCIS has made no mention of a medical requirement, but if there's going to be one I'd prefer to get it done in advance in case there is any followup required due to the results, etc.

any direction on this would be muchly appreciated

thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your packet 3 made no mention of a medical? I'm not sure how DCF works and how it differs from other visa's, but since you'll be interviewed in Montreal the medical needs to be completed before the interview date.

For DCF at least, the medical instructions come with Packet 4, which also gives you your interview date. It seems like you typically receive Packet 4 about 6 weeks before the scheduled interview date at Montreal, so you would arrange the medical to occur sometime within that time frame. I posted my DCF Packet 3 over on the DCF forum and could scan and post the Packet 4 too if that would help. I doesn't seem like it could hurt to get the medical done before you get Packet 4 if you really wanted to, but unless your schedule is going to make it impossible to get to one of the three cities with approved doctors during the 6 weeks or so I don't see why you would want to.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Welcome to VJ, Elsoar and Fubbleskag. :)

(I suddenly feel like I'm talking a Star Trek language. :lol: )

:lol:

Someone DCFed here a couple of months ago and they posted the letter they got, I believe when they submitted the I-130 - it does say that the instructions for getting the medical and photographs will come with the interview letter (3rd paragraph) - perhaps they didn't give you a copy of this (below)?

post-32862-1244035090_thumb.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Someone DCFed here a couple of months ago and they posted the letter they got, I believe when they submitted the I-130 \

That was me!! :) - I got that doc from the Ottawa Embassy when we filed the I-130 - maybe for some reason Calgary didn't give it out? Anyway, we are almost done - final interview in almost two weeks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.