1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I have a somewhat silly question :blush: When is the background check stage? Did we pass it already?

*waving hi to Wendy* :)

Hiiiiiiiii Aya!!!! *waves frantically!!*

I think the police certificate my be something of a background check too :) I am still waiting on the NVC letter :-ss

:)

John received our NVC letter after the case reached the consulate! :D It might be cause of the mail not NVC.

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

talk to the folks at DHL when you go to pick it up and tell them that the same thing will be happening again.... sounds like you get more feedback from the delivery service than all of the communication so far from the consulate... not surprised.. :no:

Wendy,

You are calling 603-334-0700 tomorrow :thumbs: and then when you get to the automated system select 5

Have his name and DOB ready along with yours and the EAC#... they will give you the consulate number and let you know if they still have it or if it left already...

Yes!!!! i will do this!! :dance::thumbs: Thank you Scott!!

And I will be calling them again after 4 Monday...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I have a somewhat silly question :blush: When is the background check stage? Did we pass it already?

*waving hi to Wendy* :)

Hiiiiiiiii Aya!!!! *waves frantically!!*

I think the police certificate my be something of a background check too :) I am still waiting on the NVC letter :-ss

:)

John received our NVC letter after the case reached the consulate! :D It might be cause of the mail not NVC.

I havent gotten the hard copy letter yet, I'm assuming its en route to the embassy and they will send me a letter advising the next step.. or do they send it to John.. i guess it would go to him.. i'm just riding the wave right now. GL on your next step girl.. I'm prayin for ya!

Edited by Wendy_n_John

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline
talk to the folks at DHL when you go to pick it up and tell them that the same thing will be happening again.... sounds like you get more feedback from the delivery service than all of the communication so far from the consulate... not surprised.. :no:

Wendy,

You are calling 603-334-0700 tomorrow :thumbs: and then when you get to the automated system select 5

Have his name and DOB ready along with yours and the EAC#... they will give you the consulate number and let you know if they still have it or if it left already...

Yes!!!! i will do this!! :dance::thumbs: Thank you Scott!!

And I will be calling them again after 4 Monday...

Ok Scott, I got my NVC case number (what do I do with this?) lol and they said the packet went to US Embassy in London on 9-25-09. So I guess now I wait on the Embassy to let him know when to go and where, I've not been asked to provide any forms to anyone yet, jsut waiting on letters to arrive. Can I call the US Embassy in London to see if they have our case, and ask what is the status? Can my fience call since he's the one coming over and is in London?

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

My packet made it to the embassy today!

And before you say it Scott I did update my timeline, I just dont know how to make it show when I make posts lol

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Timeline
Ok :)

Well I received an email from the embassy this morning that they sent out packet 3 this morning. They said nothing about my change of mailing address request (I sent a few emails and got no reply for the past week). So I sent them an email this morning asking which address they sent the packet to. I got no reply as usual! So I tried calling them all day.. Waited on the phone for 25 minutes, then 40 minutes, then 15 minutes and nobody even picks up :angry:

I waited a few hours then called DHL and told him the whole story in the beginning they refused to give me any info about the packet assuming I'm not ME lol.. Then they asked me about my full name, phone number, address and so on.. And then they told me that packet is being sent the physical address.. That means the embassy has been ignoring all my requests and the note we left with the I-129F!! Anyway, I fixed the problem with DHL over the phone and I'm picking the packet up myself tomorrow before going work... Now it seems like I can't reach anyone in the embassy over the phone lately, they haven't been replying my emails, and responding to my requests...

Do you think it's a good idea to attach a note in packet 3 with the mailing address or would that be off point?

Wow! You got an EMAIL from the Embassy??? :o I want them to email us with updates?? I couldn't find a way to do that online :((

My packet made it to the embassy today!

And before you say it Scott I did update my timeline, I just dont know how to make it show when I make posts lol

Woo hoo wtg YKJ - you can show it in your signature ;) that will have it show up here :)

Edited by Wendy_n_John

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

:ot: Cheers to all my fellow June VSC filers! Hopefully soon we'll be able to trade in our long-distance and skype bills for sweet kises and tender embraces from our loves! (And maybe I'll be able to kick my newly-developed supermarket romance novel habit as well . . . )

I just called the IRS to request tax transcrips and the NVC to check in, and NVC informed me that they forwarded our case to Buenos Aires Fri. Sept 25! This is exciting because Marcelo is Paraguayan, and even though he has residency in Argentina and lives in Buenos Aires, from what I understood there was no guarantee that they wouldn't make him get on a 16 hour bus to Asunción to do the whole thing in Paraguay (where his is today and tomorrow renewing his passport and picking up his police certificate--you can only do it in person there.)

Also, for anyone who is using an I-134 co-sponsor, I had no problems requesting my dad's tax transcripts for the last 3 years. I make just enough over the 125% mark in income, but I've only been back in the US/working for 3 months so my year-to-date income on the pay stubs is weak. Adding insult to injury, as a college student/year-out English teacher I've been a dependent for the last 3 tax years. Thankfully, my dad is happy to co-sponsor.

I can't wait to buy plane tickets!

06/??/2008 - met one night in Madrid

09/23/2008 - moved to Buenos Aires together

06/15/2009 - he PROPOSED

06/24/2009 - mailed I-129F packet to Vermont

06/26/2009 - when the USCIS recieved my package (and cashed the check!)

07/03/2009 - NOA1 in the mail

09/21/2009 - NOA2 text recieved/online case status updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/23/2009 - Case recieved by NVC

09/25/2009 - Case sent to Buenos Aires consulate

10/08/2009 - Packet 3 E-mail from consulate

10/15/2009 - Returned packet 3

10/16/2009 - Medical exam; at doc's insistence, sent copies of sealed envelope

Timeline
:ot: Cheers to all my fellow June VSC filers! Hopefully soon we'll be able to trade in our long-distance and skype bills for sweet kises and tender embraces from our loves! (And maybe I'll be able to kick my newly-developed supermarket romance novel habit as well . . . )

I just called the IRS to request tax transcrips and the NVC to check in, and NVC informed me that they forwarded our case to Buenos Aires Fri. Sept 25! This is exciting because Marcelo is Paraguayan, and even though he has residency in Argentina and lives in Buenos Aires, from what I understood there was no guarantee that they wouldn't make him get on a 16 hour bus to Asunción to do the whole thing in Paraguay (where his is today and tomorrow renewing his passport and picking up his police certificate--you can only do it in person there.)

Also, for anyone who is using an I-134 co-sponsor, I had no problems requesting my dad's tax transcripts for the last 3 years. I make just enough over the 125% mark in income, but I've only been back in the US/working for 3 months so my year-to-date income on the pay stubs is weak. Adding insult to injury, as a college student/year-out English teacher I've been a dependent for the last 3 tax years. Thankfully, my dad is happy to co-sponsor.

I can't wait to buy plane tickets!

Very Best of luck to you BOTH!!! :):dance:

Timeline
Ok Scott, I got my NVC case number (what do I do with this?) lol and they said the packet went to US Embassy in London on 9-25-09. So I guess now I wait on the Embassy to let him know when to go and where, I've not been asked to provide any forms to anyone yet, jsut waiting on letters to arrive. Can I call the US Embassy in London to see if they have our case, and ask what is the status? Can my fience call since he's the one coming over and is in London?

I checked and nothing left for your consulate on the 25th.. Maybe in this afternoons shipment. It should be at the consulate by Wed... The consulate will send John the paperwork next.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Guys,

Is there a way to have the consulate/embassy paperwork sent to myself? In Sierra Leone they have a very unreliable mail system, and I would hate for documents to get lost

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Timeline
Guys,

Is there a way to have the consulate/embassy paperwork sent to myself? In Sierra Leone they have a very unreliable mail system, and I would hate for documents to get lost

No.. they may allow your SO to pick it up at the consulate... At this point in the process, its between your SO and the consulate.. you are pretty much a bystander now...

Timeline

I checked and nothing left for your consulate on the 25th.. Maybe in this afternoons shipment. It should be at the consulate by Wed... The consulate will send John the paperwork next.

You da Man!! It left NVC on 9-25, so will arrive at consulate hopefully by Wed :).. then a week or so for them to send stuff to John :D!!! Yay~!! uh oh.. i looked at London-UK website and they show 3-4 months to process the visa from NVC??? Oh Em Gee!! This can't be right (wahhhh) ... Someone give me some reassuring words lol...

Timeline

Okay thanks!

Guys,

No.. they may allow your SO to pick it up at the consulate... At this point in the process, its between your SO and the consulate.. you are pretty much a bystander now...

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Timeline

Hi Warren and Cindy!!! (hee hee) ~*~ waves *~*

Timeline
You da Man!! It left NVC on 9-25, so will arrive at consulate hopefully by Wed :).. then a week or so for them to send stuff to John :D!!! Yay~!! uh oh.. i looked at London-UK website and they show 3-4 months to process the visa from NVC??? Oh Em Gee!! This can't be right (wahhhh) ... Someone give me some reassuring words lol...

You may have left NVC on the 24th or it may leave today.. DHL had no packages to the UK on Friday... Based on the VJ stats he should have his interview somewhere around the first week of December..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.