1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank You so much! That definitely helps alot..

One more quick question... when and what do they send to my fiance? He is in Aruba now, But we are going through the embassy in Manila because that is where he is a citizen. I need to get him back there AND change the address with whoever to the Phil address before they send anything out. Because so far on any paperwork we have put his Aruba address. Its a race against the clock now.

They could possibly send pkt 3 after the end of next week. Call NVC to besure they have your Email so they can alert you when it is sent to the consulate, They may be able to change the address at this stage.. maybe... Call the consulate as soon as they get the file. Tell them where he will be (new address) they will know how long before he should expect pkt 3... like I said it could be very soon...

Guys,

Just my personal experience...

Neither me nor Keith have received any email from NVC saying that they sent our file to the Consulate. And they have already sent it...

I had to call to have this information...

Good luck to all of us!! :thumbs:

I think Lu & Keith is correct also.

Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Thank You so much! That definitely helps alot..

One more quick question... when and what do they send to my fiance? He is in Aruba now, But we are going through the embassy in Manila because that is where he is a citizen. I need to get him back there AND change the address with whoever to the Phil address before they send anything out. Because so far on any paperwork we have put his Aruba address. Its a race against the clock now.

They could possibly send pkt 3 after the end of next week. Call NVC to besure they have your Email so they can alert you when it is sent to the consulate, They may be able to change the address at this stage.. maybe... Call the consulate as soon as they get the file. Tell them where he will be (new address) they will know how long before he should expect pkt 3... like I said it could be very soon...

Guys,

Just my personal experience...

Neither me nor Keith have received any email from NVC saying that they sent our file to the Consulate. And they have already sent it...

I had to call to have this information...

Good luck to all of us!! :thumbs:

I think Lu & Keith is correct also.

Loveaboo,

Yeah, don't wait on them to send you an email...

Well, I was pretty anxious about this NVC thing, so this is what I did: (I know I'm crazy, you can tell...)

1. Called on the 16th (Wed) - they had my case

2. Called on the 17th (Thu) - was told my case was on Additional Processing (I thought "Oh no... Dang!")

3. Called on the 18th morning (Fri) - was told my case hadn't started being processed yet ("Whaaat?")

4. Called on the 18th late at night again (don't know why) - was told my case was sent to Rio on that day...

Since I had lots of different info, I called on Monday again (the 22nd) and theeen confirmed that my case had been sent to Rio on the 18th...

Crazy huh?

:blush:

"Pedis e obtereis"

OUR TIMELINE

05/28/2009 - I-129F Sent

06/02/2009 - NOA1

06/04/2009 - Check cashed

09/11/2009 - Touched!

09/11/2009 - NOA2 approved!!

09/14/2009 - Touched

09/16/2009 - NVC received

09/18/2009 - NVC left

09/22/2009 - Consulate received

10/02/2009 - Pkt 4 received

10/29/2009 - Medical - PASSED!!

11/10/2009 - Interview - APPROVED!

11/16/2009 - Visa received!

11/24/2009 - Arrived at the USA

12/08/2009 - Got married!!

Timeline
Loveaboo,

Yeah, don't wait on them to send you an email...

Well, I was pretty anxious about this NVC thing, so this is what I did: (I know I'm crazy, you can tell...)

1. Called on the 16th (Wed) - they had my case

2. Called on the 17th (Thu) - was told my case was on Additional Processing (I thought "Oh no... Dang!")

3. Called on the 18th morning (Fri) - was told my case hadn't started being processed yet ("Whaaat?")

4. Called on the 18th late at night again (don't know why) - was told my case was sent to Rio on that day...

Since I had lots of different info, I called on Monday again (the 22nd) and theeen confirmed that my case had been sent to Rio on the 18th...

Crazy huh?

:blush:

I'm glad the AP didn't take so long. I'm happy for you.

Also, you're not Crazy, just excited which is normal to all of us here. Hehehe...

Reading the timelines here in VJ, I got the impression that from NOA2 to NVC receiving the files, it will take 3-5 days. I will ask my fiance to start calling NVC on the 25th. He's also moving before the month ends, he needs to notify them of his address change, right?

Goodluck to all of us here! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow!! So many approvals in the last few days!!! :D:D

Congratulations Nicole-Trav, KimberlyandMark, Carvine137, HK, Fulamuso, ScottThuy, Wendy_n_John, Loveaboo, and JosMeg!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'M SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

The longest wait is over!!!!!

John received NOA2 in the mail on Sept 21. He called NVC and they told him our case left NVC to Cairo Consulate 5 days ago!!!!! So practically our case could be already in Cairo now!!! I'm so so nervous and stressed lol.. So much to do lol...

I went to the police station today to get my police certificate and got passport style photos taken as well.. I should get both tomorrow afternoon...

I still have the mailing address problem and it's freaking me out!! I'm expecting packet 3 in a week or less! :wacko: :wacko: I just emailed the embassy asking them if I can receive the packets to the nearest DHL branch to me [only 10 minutes away from home and DHL said it's possible only that I should check with the embassy and see if it's ok with them]... I hope reply back today.. We are running out of time and this is SO stressing me out!! Do you guys think having the packets delivered to DHL branch will raise a red flag? What's the best thing to do..?

What is everyone doing? :)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Thanks Aya and John!

Indeed the long wait is over! Yay!

Just like you, I'm so stressed and nervous also. I'm nervous about the medical exam. I know I don't have TB but it worries me when I've read that SLEC (Philippines) has a high-tech X-ray machine which can see things other X-ray machines can't. :crying:

Also, I've created a list of what I'll be needing for the interview and I am starting to collect the documents.

Sorry, I can't answer your question about the packet. I think the procedure here is somehow different since here, we can proceed without the packet 3. At least that's what I've read here...

Anyways, goodluck to all of us here! I'm hoping for a smooth visa journey for all of us! :thumbs:

Timeline
Thanks Aya and John!

Just like you, I'm so stressed and nervous also. I'm nervous about the medical exam. I know I don't have TB but it worries me when I've read that SLEC (Philippines) has a high-tech X-ray machine which can see things other X-ray machines can't. :crying:

Also, I've created a list of what I'll be needing for the interview and I am starting to collect the documents.

Sorry, I can't answer your question about the packet. I think the procedure here is somehow different since here, we can proceed without the packet 3. At least that's what I've read here...

Anyways, goodluck to all of us here! I'm hoping for a smooth visa journey for all of us! :thumbs:

I've created a list too.. I'll type it and show it to you guys so you could tell me if anything is missing... My biggest concern now is the mailing address thing.. I hope I get the consulate replies today! Cairo consulate is a pretty tough and I just hope this help with this... I'll wait for Scott's reply about the red flag thing.. :P

ROC Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Thanks Aya and John!

I've created a list too.. I'll type it and show it to you guys so you could tell me if anything is missing... My biggest concern now is the mailing address thing.. I hope I get the consulate replies today! Cairo consulate is a pretty tough and I just hope this help with this... I'll wait for Scott's reply about the red flag thing.. :P

How far are you from the consulate? You could go there and get a copy of the pkt 3 if you need.... they know that some places do not have reliable mail service. Have you tried to call the consulate?

wow we had a bump in June approvals yesterday! Keep em coming gang!

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
Thanks Aya and John!

How far are you from the consulate? You could go there and get a copy of the pkt 3 if you need.... they know that some places do not have reliable mail service. Have you tried to call the consulate?

wow we had a bump in June approvals yesterday! Keep em coming gang!

I live in a different governorate/state... The consulate is about 2 and half hours away if there's no traffic... The consulate does not answer case specific questions over the phone... Only general questions and last time I did call I had to wait 20 minutes over the phone and in the end they told me I have to check that with DHL...

ROC Timeline

Timeline

let everyone at the local DHL office know who you are and what the deal is... that may help them get the pkt to you

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

today I was told I was in additional processing

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Timeline
today I was told I was in additional processing

:time:

It could be as short as a day or two

Timeline
Grats everyone that has gotten their NOA2, just hoping the rest of us are soon too lol

We all think you will get it this week... maybe today! :thumbs:

Grats everyone that has gotten their NOA2, just hoping the rest of us are soon too lol

We all think you will get it this week... maybe today! :thumbs:

oh i hope so, seeing mid july getting theirs is driving me nuts and thinking what wrong with our app ><

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.