1,187 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thank you everyone!! Yours are coming very very soon!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

John and I are talking now about the list of things that I should get done before our case gets Cairo and the list of things he should send me? Any ideas of what to do and include in our list?

You need any proof of bonafide relationship he can gather...

Plane tickets borading passes, copies of all pages of passport, call logs, copies of phone bills, any receipts he may have from when he visited. anything either of you can think of.

You will need his i-134 with supporting evidence.... tax transcripts, 1040's, pay stubs, letter from employer.

An original and copy of his birth cert.

Any divorce decrees if he was married before... and if he was.. proof that they are no longer living together.

updated signed notarized "intent to marry" same as was sent with filing but with new date...

A copy of the initial filing if you dont already have one.

In pkt 4 they will list exactly what you will need to take and how it should be organized... see if another MENA filer has pkt 4 for your consulate so you can create an outline of what you will bring. I spent many hours last weekend organizing and gathering and printing everything that I wil take to her for her interview. I used ACCO fasteners and numbered tabbed dividers to sort the info into 3 sections.The general list they provided and two sections of evidence of relationship. The cover page is an outline that corresponds to the tabs .. it lists everything that they noted in the pkt 4 that should be brought to the interview in that same order they listed.

We were required to provide proof of bonafide relationship in two stages... pre engagement and post... the outlines look the same, but the content is a little different as there was far more saved after the engagement.

Thank you, Scott!! That was very helpful :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Aya and John!!

Congratulations!! good.gif

Good luck on the rest of your journey!! kicking.gif kicking.gif

Thank you Lu (F)(F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

John and I are talking now about the list of things that I should get done before our case gets Cairo and the list of things he should send me? Any ideas of what to do and include in our list?

Plane tickets borading passes, copies of all pages of passport, call logs, copies of phone bills, any receipts he may have from when he visited. anything either of you can think of.

You will need his i-134 with supporting evidence.... tax transcripts, 1040's, pay stubs, letter from employer.

Any divorce decrees if he was married before... and if he was.. proof that they are no longer living together.

updated signed notarized "intent to marry" same as was sent with filing but with new date...

In pkt 4 they will list exactly what you will need to take and how it should be organized... see if another MENA filer has pkt 4 for your consulate so you can create an outline of what you will bring. I spent many hours last weekend organizing and gathering and printing everything that I wil take to her for her interview. I used ACCO fasteners and numbered tabbed dividers to sort the info into 3 sections.The general list they provided and two sections of evidence of relationship. The cover page is an outline that corresponds to the tabs .. it lists everything that they noted in the pkt 4 that should be brought to the interview in that same order they listed.

We were required to provide proof of bonafide relationship in two stages... pre engagement and post... the outlines look the same, but the content is a little different as there was far more saved after the engagement.

Aya and John!!

Thank you Lu (F)(F)

You all panic too much, they don't even look at 98% of that stuff. Relax, your gonna give yourselves a stroke before you even get there LOL. If your really that worried and you want GUARANTEED approval, then go there and go to the interview with your fiancee. The interview is gonna last at most 3 minutes. My 1st wife's interview lasted 2 minutes. I been thru all of this already. Trust me your gonna give yourself an aneurysm. If your fiancee goes it alone without you, make sure he/she knows most of your personal life, like all about your job and what your mom and dad's name is. They will ask how you met, if you give pics of you and your family they will ask he/she the names and who they are in the pics, they will ask her if he/she really loves you. They can tell if he/she is lying, they are trained in techniques to tell by your reactions to questions. If they suspect and lie they will actually read copies of your emails/texts to eachother LOL so if you got anything juicy in there be ready to turn red LOL. Just relax, chillout, lol.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Aya and John!!

Thank you Lu (F)(F)

You all panic too much, they don't even look at 98% of that stuff. Relax, your gonna give yourselves a stroke before you even get there LOL. If your really that worried and you want GUARANTEED approval, then go there and go to the interview with your fiancee. The interview is gonna last at most 3 minutes. My 1st wife's interview lasted 2 minutes. I been thru all of this already. Trust me your gonna give yourself an aneurysm. If your fiancee goes it alone without you, make sure he/she knows most of your personal life, like all about your job and what your mom and dad's name is. They will ask how you met, if you give pics of you and your family they will ask he/she the names and who they are in the pics, they will ask her if he/she really loves you. They can tell if he/she is lying, they are trained in techniques to tell by your reactions to questions. If they suspect and lie they will actually read copies of your emails/texts to eachother LOL so if you got anything juicy in there be ready to turn red LOL. Just relax, chillout, lol.

It may be that easy in PI but its not the ame in all consulates. Our consulate is very difficult and they look at everything.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aya and John!!

Thank you Lu (F)(F)

It may be that easy in PI but its not the ame in all consulates. Our consulate is very difficult and they look at everything.

I have a few of friends who went thru interviews in Hanoi. No problems. They met their fiancees on VietnamCupid. And PI isnt that easy as you think.

Timeline
I have a few of friends who went thru interviews in Hanoi. No problems. They met their fiancees on VietnamCupid. And PI isnt that easy as you think.

:rofl: Thats really funny since HaNoi does not issue family visa's .... and Most are denied in VN...

I am sure Aya knows what good advice is... :whistle:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello fellow June filers. Janna and I have received our NoA2 today!!!! No touches or anything, just checked my e-mail a few minutes ago and there it was. Wishing everyone else a speedy journey.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline
Hello fellow June filers. Janna and I have received our NoA2 today!!!! No touches or anything, just checked my e-mail a few minutes ago and there it was. Wishing everyone else a speedy journey.

Wow! more great news!

Congrats :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes!! I love this part of waiting!! lololol Congrats to you both! :star:

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline

This is the worst part in my opinion... its like watching a pie cool down after it just came out of the oven... but worst because you know that other people are eating the pie already.... they are up to the 18th!

Timeline

This is the worst part in my opinion... its like watching a pie cool down after it just came out of the oven... but worst because you know that other people are eating the pie already.... they are up to the 18th!

Ah true Scott, but you know that pie is fantastic!!! :D now if they are on the 18th, they skipped me and need to go look again.. lol :wacko:

Edited by Wendy_n_John

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline
They have gotten up to the 18th it all depends who has your file :D. I think we should all see ours being accepted this week or next week. Which is still a month or so early :)

I'm more than optomistic! I love the people at VJ! you guys make seeing the wonderful parts of peoples life, come to life! :)

Edited by Wendy_n_John

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
They have gotten up to the 18th it all depends who has your file :D. I think we should all see ours being accepted this week or next week. Which is still a month or so early :)

I'm more than optomistic! I love the people at VJ! you guys make seeing the wonderful parts of peoples life, come to life! :)

I started to worry because I saw a few June filers with my NoA1 date and later being approved. I thought for sure I was going to receive an RFE. My hopes and prayers are that all of us will have great success!

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline

"I started to worry because I saw a few June filers with my NoA1 date and later being approved. I thought for sure I was going to receive an RFE. My hopes and prayers are that all of us will have great success!"

My hopes for you are the same... Best of luck and OH! I see your name is in lights today! Awesome! Good luck!

Edited by Wendy_n_John

Timeline

Anybody getting touched? Or are they going str8 to approved?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.