jennarzx

Ticket to Rio

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Bill, so you advice me for example I live currently in Santa Catarina, I know on the list of doctors the brazilian embassy gives us there's 1 doctor in Curitiba, but it would be easier for me to go to Rio and have the medical there before the interview. Since my mom can't find any of my shots, but she knows for sure I took all of them and since the consulate won't just believe my mom's word (lol it would be so good if it worked that way) should I try to schedule the appointment with this doctor in Leblon when I have the interview date? Do you think that he can help me with the vaccines? Because I don't want to have the appointment with the doctor let's say 2 days before the interview and he tells me I need to go someplace else take shots or be x-ray or whatever and not be ready for the interview you know?

You mentioned your fiancée showed him medical papers, vaccines, etc and he did a basic exam. So she went to a previous doctor?

This List Of Doctors doesn't explain everything.

I don't even have my NOA2 yet, but I'm a worrier, any help would be great. Thanks

Nessa (F)

Hey Nessa, don't know if this will help you or not, but my fiance is having a hard time getting her injection records also. As mentioned by Bill a Blood Test should show what injections are present already.

I was worried about this too, but if you look in my previous post via the USCIS Website, and confirmed by the Consulate in Rio, even if you don't have all injections needed, the worst that will happen is you will need to sign a paper saying you well receive them during your AOS application.

At least, that is what I make of it all, so I'm not gonna stress about injection and injection records for the time being. Hopefully the Blood Test will reveal what she has already had, and maybe she can get a few more she needs while she's there because of the majority of them being free

I don't mind having to take them to the AOS application, actually it'll be easier for me. I just want to know what they do in the medical we have here in Brazil for the interview? We have lab tests, cuz I know that takes days for a result, and what do I need to have prepared for the interview. If going to the doctor 2 days prior to the interview won't be a problem, u know? If I have to sign a paper no problem, if I have to take the shots in Brazil and then again in USA, also no problem, what worries me is make an appointment 2 days prior my interview and then the doctor saying you need this and this and then I discover I don't have time to take those shots, or have those exames you know? I don't wanna risk anything to go wrong.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nessa, my fiance already had her vaccines when we went to the doctor in Leblon. She lives in Espirito Santo and got her vaccines there. To see an approved doctor, other than in Rio she would have had to go to Belo Horizonte, so it made sense for us to go to the doctor in Rio.

So, yes she went to previous doctor for the vaccines and blood tests etc. near her home. I don't know if the doctors in Rio can arrange to do vaccines again and do everything at once for you. I would suggest that you call one of the Rio doctors to see if they can do this.

As you said you don't want to have to run around Rio for vaccines and x-rays a couple days before your interview. That's risky and probably very stressful too. Unless the Rio doctor can do everything in one visit, then I suggest that you get all your vaccine paper work, x-ray, bloodtest etc. near your home.

If I recall correctly, there were a few approved doctors in Rio. Maybe call a couple of them to see what they can do.

Hope that helps,

Bill

I don't think you can do medical at the consulate. We went to the approved doctor who's office was in Leblon. My fiance made the appointment as soon as she learned the interview date. He said that we could do the appointment the day before the interview, because everything gets done on that visit. I think we were there about 45 minutes or so. He looked at her medical papers, vaccines etc. and he did a basic exam on her. Sealed her papers in an envelope to take to the interview. His fee was about BRL$200.

If you have questions just let me know.

Bill

Hey Bill, so you advice me for example I live currently in Santa Catarina, I know on the list of doctors the brazilian embassy gives us there's 1 doctor in Curitiba, but it would be easier for me to go to Rio and have the medical there before the interview. Since my mom can't find any of my shots, but she knows for sure I took all of them and since the consulate won't just believe my mom's word (lol it would be so good if it worked that way) should I try to schedule the appointment with this doctor in Leblon when I have the interview date? Do you think that he can help me with the vaccines? Because I don't want to have the appointment with the doctor let's say 2 days before the interview and he tells me I need to go someplace else take shots or be x-ray or whatever and not be ready for the interview you know?

You mentioned your fiancée showed him medical papers, vaccines, etc and he did a basic exam. So she went to a previous doctor?

This List Of Doctors doesn't explain everything.

I don't even have my NOA2 yet, but I'm a worrier, any help would be great. Thanks

Nessa (F)

Feb. 2005 - Met in Brazil the first time

May. 2005 - Visited Brazil

Aug. 2005 - Visited Brazil

10/30/05 - Mailed I129F

11/09/05 - NOA1

Nov. 2005 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/02/06 - NOA2

Feb. 2006 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/24/06 - Packet received at NVC

03/20/06 - Fiance received packet 3 from consulate

04/26/06 - Fiance received appointment letter

05/09/06 - I flew to Rio

5/10/06 - Met fiance at airport

5/11/06 - Medical exam in Rio

05/12/06 - Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!!

05/17/06 - Received visa in Rio

07/20/06 - POE Miami

10/16/06 - Married!!!!

01/10/07 - Sent AOS and EAD application

01/17/07 - NOA - Receipt

02/02/07 - Biometric appointment

02/09/07 - NOA - Transfer of case to California center

03/22/07 - EAD approved

05/10/07 - AOS approved!!!!

Eulalia and Bill

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Guys!

There are only 2 shots required for the interview. I listed them above. Lucas went to the doctor in Leblon for his medical exam, but also had to go to another clinic to get his blood work and vaccines done. He had to wait 2 days for the results to come back. Now that Lucas has his results he will bring them back to the doctor in Leblon to answer some questions and get the doctors "laudo"! After the decision is made the doctor will close and seal everything for us to bring to the interview....(this last part i'm not positive about, because we have not done this yet)............My advice Nessa? Get all of this done approx 2 (or more) weeks prior to your interview. This way you are not rushed and stressed out...and you can make sure that you have done everything you need to do! :)

Timeline
Nessa, my fiance already had her vaccines when we went to the doctor in Leblon. She lives in Espirito Santo and got her vaccines there. To see an approved doctor, other than in Rio she would have had to go to Belo Horizonte, so it made sense for us to go to the doctor in Rio.

So, yes she went to previous doctor for the vaccines and blood tests etc. near her home. I don't know if the doctors in Rio can arrange to do vaccines again and do everything at once for you. I would suggest that you call one of the Rio doctors to see if they can do this.

As you said you don't want to have to run around Rio for vaccines and x-rays a couple days before your interview. That's risky and probably very stressful too. Unless the Rio doctor can do everything in one visit, then I suggest that you get all your vaccine paper work, x-ray, bloodtest etc. near your home.

If I recall correctly, there were a few approved doctors in Rio. Maybe call a couple of them to see what they can do.

Hope that helps,

Bill

ty. So when I have my interview date I'll start making phone calls to all the doctors in Rio and the one in Curitiba (easy for me to go to Curitiba if I need to wait for results).

Hey Guys!

There are only 2 shots required for the interview. I listed them above. Lucas went to the doctor in Leblon for his medical exam, but also had to go to another clinic to get his blood work and vaccines done. He had to wait 2 days for the results to come back. Now that Lucas has his results he will bring them back to the doctor in Leblon to answer some questions and get the doctors "laudo"! After the decision is made the doctor will close and seal everything for us to bring to the interview....(this last part i'm not positive about, because we have not done this yet)............My advice Nessa? Get all of this done approx 2 (or more) weeks prior to your interview. This way you are not rushed and stressed out...and you can make sure that you have done everything you need to do! :)

That's what I'm gonna do, thank you very much.

I know my questions are annoying, I just wanted to hear brazilian (or people with brazilian fiance(e))'s advices because I know it's different in every country.

Thanks all (F)

Edited by nessaandcharles

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Genteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!!!

Nao vamos complicar!!!

O medico do Rio, proximo ao consulado faz tudo em 2 dias (Really!!!), mas o preco nao eh muito agradavel! Eh soh ligar lah (se eu nao me engano eh o tal Dr Joaquim) e se informar em relacao ao q pode ser feito.

Meu medico de Sao Paulo poderia ter me mandado as prescricoes pros exames e vacinas pelo CORREIO e assim soh teria q ir lah uma vez... Acabei indo pois era perto de casa.

Liguem pros medicos e pecam as prescricoes pelo correio!!! Usem o seu convenio medico pra fazer os exames e va ao Posto de Saude tomar as vacinas de GRACA!!!

Soh paguei o medico mesmo e o resto foi de graca (com excecao da vacina de pneumonia q eu paguei pois esqueci de tomar e tive q ir correndo enquanto o medico preenchia os forms).

Boa sorte pessu!!! Eu sei q as vezes eh complicado, mas eh soh ligar e pedir as informacoes e aih vc pode escolher a melhor maneira.

Carol :thumbs:

we paid $600 for renato's one way ticket to the us. I searche don expedia everyday until I found it.

Right on Steph!!! This is what I do also and always find a good deal.

BTW, Congratulations!!! I know your wedding party was last weekend.

Carol :luv:

Edited by Carol&Marc

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Timeline

Nao vamos complicar!!!

O medico do Rio, proximo ao consulado faz tudo em 2 dias (Really!!!), mas o preco nao eh muito agradavel! Eh soh ligar lah (se eu nao me engano eh o tal Dr Joaquim) e se informar em relacao ao q pode ser feito.

Meu medico de Sao Paulo poderia ter me mandado as prescricoes pros exames e vacinas pelo CORREIO e assim soh teria q ir lah uma vez... Acabei indo pois era perto de casa.

Liguem pros medicos e pecam as prescricoes pelo correio!!! Usem o seu convenio medico pra fazer os exames e va ao Posto de Saude tomar as vacinas de GRACA!!!

Soh paguei o medico mesmo e o resto foi de graca (com excecao da vacina de pneumonia q eu paguei pois esqueci de tomar e tive q ir correndo enquanto o medico preenchia os forms).

Boa sorte pessu!!! Eu sei q as vezes eh complicado, mas eh soh ligar e pedir as informacoes e aih vc pode escolher a melhor maneira.

:lol: ok ok , eu não tenho plano de saúde, estou pensando se eu vendo um rim ou minha alma pra pagar as despesas do médico :lol: brincadeira.

Mas valeu, vou ligar pra Deus e todo mundo quando pra ver o que pode ser feito.

Nessa (F)

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nao vamos complicar!!!

:lol: ok ok , eu não tenho plano de saúde, estou pensando se eu vendo um rim ou minha alma pra pagar as despesas do médico :lol: brincadeira.

Mas valeu, vou ligar pra Deus e todo mundo quando pra ver o que pode ser feito.

Nessa (F)

Hey Charles!

I think Nessa needs your help on this one... LOL :P

Nessa, sorry, but we really need to call to get info. I feel sometimes that Im giving advice abt how the process is, and Im feeling already NOT updated abt it. Thats why Im saying to you to call.

Boa sorte!

... lot of fun :) ... lots of presents.....:)

This is the best part, isn't???

Carol

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.