Inky

Question on items after I-129F

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a copy of the divorce to bring with me, its got the stamp on it and everything ( not a photocopy ) BUt i dont have a copy of his marriage certificate, will he really need to send me a copy of the marriage certificate or is just the divorce papers good enough to bring to the interview? I dont want to subject him more to the past than he already has been ( he still hurts from it ).

im pretty sure the other items i can get really easy but need to apply for a long form of my birth cert b/c i read that they dont accept the little card ones? - my interview will be in montreal provided everything goes well with the I-129F

- he already filled out the afidavit of support and is waiting to send me some recent pay stubs and a letter of proof of his job in the military for when we get the go ahead for all this.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I brought bought, but they didn't ask to see the marriage certificate, they just wanted the divorce one. That was in Montreal, April of this year.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

I have a copy of the divorce to bring with me, its got the stamp on it and everything ( not a photocopy ) BUt i dont have a copy of his marriage certificate, will he really need to send me a copy of the marriage certificate or is just the divorce papers good enough to bring to the interview? I dont want to subject him more to the past than he already has been ( he still hurts from it ).

im pretty sure the other items i can get really easy but need to apply for a long form of my birth cert b/c i read that they dont accept the little card ones? - my interview will be in montreal provided everything goes well with the I-129F

- he already filled out the afidavit of support and is waiting to send me some recent pay stubs and a letter of proof of his job in the military for when we get the go ahead for all this.

Hello Inky, and welcome to the Canada Forum here on VJ! I was interviewed in Vancouver and had to have both the marriage and divorce certificates. There has always been that difference between the two consulates in Canada. I don't know why. My understanding about needing a marriage certificate along with the divorce certificate was to show progression of last names for the woman if she was divorced, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Anyway, if you're interviewing in Montreal, unless things have changed, then you don't need it anyway.

Yes, you will need your long form birth certificate. This will show your parents name on it as well. The "little card" ones will not suffice.

He'll need to send you more information along with the affidavit of support, but you're early in the process right now, and he can send it all together later in the process. Don't forget at the top of this page there is a VJ Wiki page for Canada and you'll see some great information up there as well.

Welcome to the club and I hope you find all the information you need here as well as a smooth journey.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is to carla,,,( or anyone who can answer really),,, his former wife never took his last name through the marriage at all, even on the divorce decree it said his last name beside hers but she signed with her original name which she kept the whole time. is that going to affect it in some way?

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.